PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Sweet Zombie Jesus! Paris Hilton has a brain!

Birgitte
08-06-2008, 11:21 PM
I nearly died of shock.

In case you don't know, McCain compared Obama to celebrities like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJEsAi5n3fM&feature=related)

Paris Hilton responded by filming THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RRhnV5Mbik&watch_response). You've got to skip to 3:35. I tried to find one with just the ad, but didn't have any luck. If someone else can, I'd appreciate it.

Seriously.... I'm amazed.

Terez
08-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I saw that Obama speech...didn't he just say that the media should find better things to do than cover Paris and Britney?

EDIT: nvm, I get what you were saying now. :D But I'm not amazed...

Birgitte
08-06-2008, 11:32 PM
I was gonna say... I didn't post Obama saying anything. lol

Just McCain and Paris Hilton with Hilton actually coming across as an actual intelligent young woman and McCain making himself look stupid. It's.... unnatural. Paris Hilton just upset my whole world-view. Her ad is *steels self to actually say this* well-done satire.

Terez
08-06-2008, 11:35 PM
I agree with that. But I'm not sure if I would go so far as to say she has a brain. :D

tworiverswoman
08-07-2008, 12:39 AM
It was funny -- but I'm kinda in doubt that Paris wrote the ad.

I do have to wonder why in hell it was imbedded in the middle of that other thing...

Birgitte
08-07-2008, 12:46 AM
I have no idea. Probably some sort of copyright thing. The others I found all said that they were taken down due to copyright infringement. The person who posted it figured if they hid it in the middle they wouldn't get caught?

And of course she didn't write it, but just the fact that she did it says a lot. It goes a long way towards changing her image from a barbie to a real person. Look at the rest of her public appearances and then look at that. It's remarkable.

GonzoTheGreat
08-07-2008, 04:38 AM
Paris for president (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/64ad536a6d).
As I've said on another board already, there may be some problems with her choice for VP. On the other hand, the Constitution may have been adequately shredded already, so I am not sure she needs worry about that any longer.

Mort
08-07-2008, 04:39 AM
For some reason a few of the youtube vids are taken away, damn third party haters!

This one works, for the moment. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSJCnBz7cTg)

But I loved the video!

"I have to go and pick out a vice president, I'm thinking Rihanna". LOOOOOL! I'd Vote if I could :)

"See you at the debates bitches"

Priceless :)

Sei'taer
08-07-2008, 06:43 AM
yep, add more stupid people to the stupid people alreay running. She and her writer make a good point though. Much better than air in your tires and tune ups which is just downright idiotic.

GonzoTheGreat
08-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Mort, the reason that the youtube clips keep getting pulled is that the copyright rests with funnyordie.com. It just so happens that I provided a link to that version, and the "copyright violation" argument shouldn't count against that one.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Um... since she just sounded smarter than both of them? (yeah, I know)

Nah, still voting Tana and Hopper '08.

GonzoTheGreat
08-07-2008, 09:18 AM
"Both of them" meaning Tana and Hopper? That's quite a compliment for Paris.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-07-2008, 09:27 AM
No, meaning Obama and McCain.

GonzoTheGreat
08-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Gil, your irony detector is malfunctioning once again.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-07-2008, 10:15 AM
No.... mine's working fine. Yours may be on the fritz, however, because, you know, I'M NOT SERIOUS.

Cary Sedai
08-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Yay for Paris!

~washes mouth out with soap~

I think the white house should be pink! ;)

irerancincpkc
08-07-2008, 10:37 AM
More than likely, in real life, she is intelligent. Everything we see is just a cover.

I thought the 'ad' was a waste of time. Obama's campaign response to it was just this one word, "Whatever." I love it. :D

Brita
08-07-2008, 11:47 AM
More than likely, in real life, she is intelligent. Everything we see is just a cover.

I thought the 'ad' was a waste of time. Obama's campaign response to it was just this one word, "Whatever." I love it. :D

You know that Donald Trump says she is a very underestimated woman. Her persona could very well be a clever marketing ploy.

It doesn't make her public appearances any less annoying- and doesn't make her any less superficial. I mean, what could be more superficial than acting dumb and slutty to get more money you don't need and fame for being dumb and slutty?

Even if she was a genius she would still be on the bottom of my "Who would you like to have coffee with?" list.

Cary Sedai
08-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Even if she was a genius she would still be on the bottom of my "Who would you like to have coffee with?" list.

So, Paris on the bottom, who's on the top? (Of the list people, of the list!):p

irerancincpkc
08-07-2008, 02:06 PM
I don't know; there are a lot of criminals and similar type I'd have below Paris Hilton... but the real question is, who would you rather have coffee with: Paris or Britney? :D

Brita
08-07-2008, 02:28 PM
OK Spammer, she'd be at the bottom portion of my list then....:p

And Cary- you seem to be little paranoid about how your comments might be interpreted- I wonder why? ;)

OK- my vote would be Brittney- because she seems like a lost soul in need of a friend. Yes, it is my cursed nurturing instincts gain- I'm just so damned noble!

Sinistrum
08-07-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't see how anyone should be shocked or surprised about a politician getting schooled by a blonde bimbo. Neither group really inspires confidence in their intelligence, abilities, or connections to reality. To me this is just like one idiot pointing out that another idiot is an idiot.

Zaela Sedai
08-07-2008, 04:59 PM
I found it amusing, lol. Paris really can be quite articulate at times...I myself have always though her act a ploy.

I have much more respect for Nikki. She's also much better looking.

RogueSavior
08-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Come now, Zaela. Nikki Hilton is the definition of a butterface.

Sei'taer
08-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Come now, Zaela. Nikki Hilton is the definition of a butterface.

Both of them are nasty as hell, imo.

The Immortal One
08-08-2008, 02:00 AM
I was just reading the "Batman - Dark Knight" thread and this:

You know that Donald Trump says she is a very underestimated woman. Her persona could very well be a clever marketing ploy.

It doesn't make her public appearances any less annoying- and doesn't make her any less superficial. I mean, what could be more superficial than acting dumb and slutty to get more money you don't need and fame for being dumb and slutty?

Reminded me of the 'Bruce Wayne' mask that Batman wears... maybe Paris is really some sort of Superhero?!?!

Gilshalos Sedai
08-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Skankgirl?

Sinistrum
08-08-2008, 10:48 AM
More like the Incredible Slut.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-08-2008, 10:55 AM
I thought that was Nicole Richie...

Skankgirl and The Incredible Slut...

Hey! Look! A comic book! With a reason for those skimpy, impossible outfits!

Davian93
08-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Both Paris and Nikki are dog ugly and they have gigantic like size 12 feet...YUCK!!!!

and they've both been "ahem" around if you know what I mean. ;)

GonzoTheGreat
08-08-2008, 11:56 AM
and they've both been "ahem" around if you know what I mean.
True. Paris does have a lot of foreign experience. That's a plus, isn't it?

Gilshalos Sedai
08-08-2008, 12:01 PM
French kissing counts as foreign experience?

Sinistrum
08-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Heh that's not all the French do that she is familiar with. :p