PDA

View Full Version : PC GAMER-GW2 magazine free * see thread for details

WinespringBrother
10-19-2011, 01:47 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/id451452510?mt=8&affId=1621074&ign-mpt=uo%3D6

I think you need ios 5/newstand but I'm not sure... d/l the UK app for this, not the US version, then go to available issues, the october back issue is the free one

czymann
10-19-2011, 03:31 PM
I have no idea how to do this. I have Itunes installed but each time I click a link for the mag it says I need to register and then last thing it asks is to put in a credit card number.

WinespringBrother
10-19-2011, 03:38 PM
I have no idea how to do this. I have Itunes installed but each time I click a link for the mag it says I need to register and then last thing it asks is to put in a credit card number.

Not sure how it works with iTunes. I went to the app store on my iPhone, downloaded the PC Gamer UK app then opened it and downloaded the Oct 2011 issue (all free). I am using latest iTunes on my pc (10.5) and latest ios (5). I think it is a free promotion to draw attention to the new newstand app in ios5.

czymann
10-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Yea I can't order this through the phone.
Ahh just noticed while I was registering that it gives the option for 'none' for credit card info. And now I have it. Thanks a bunch Seg.

Le sigh. Welp some guy posted a comment saying that he got it to DL on a PC. His comment is no longer there and I am guessing he wasn't able to get it to work on the PC. So I cannot read the PC Gamer article.