PDA

View Full Version : Denver recommendations

SauceyBlueConfetti
10-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Anyone live around the Denver area? I am looking for some "touristy" type things to do in the area (yes, we are going to the Coors factory!)

Any downtown area restaurant recommendations, sightseeing stuff, general info would be great :)

Davian93
10-23-2011, 03:05 PM
I liked Boulder the one time we went out to Denver...its a nice little college town basically.

Rand al'Fain
10-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Anyone live around the Denver area? I am looking for some "touristy" type things to do in the area (yes, we are going to the Coors factory!)

Any downtown area restaurant recommendations, sightseeing stuff, general info would be great :)

The Spaghetti Factory is a nice place to eat. As for sight seeing/activities, there is the Denver Zoo, pro-football (Denver Broncos), 6 Flags (may not be open though), and many more things.

But just a heads up, Denver traffic sucks. Badly. And usually starts around 20 miles outside the city limit.

Also, Fort Collins (a little ways North of Denver) us also a nice place to visit with plenty of good resturaunts like the Texas Roadhouse (good food there) and a place called the Charbroil I believe, that has really good burgers (from recommendations).

SauceyBlueConfetti
10-24-2011, 09:38 AM
pro-football (Denver Broncos

We are going to the game :) and touring the stadium. There is some Wild Bill thing we have heard about too.

Renting a car while there, is Boulder fairly close?

Davian93
10-24-2011, 10:20 AM
We are going to the game :) and touring the stadium. There is some Wild Bill thing we have heard about too.

IIRC, Boulder is like 45 min northwest...something like 30 miles. We were there for a job interview for 2 days (The interview was the morning of day 1 and the rest of the time was for us to explore the area to see if we liked it enough to move from N. Virginia) and went up there for lunch and wandered around. It was a very easy drive. Their pedestrian zone downtown is modeled off Burlington, VT's Church Street Marketplace so it was a little eery. Nearly identical actually.

Rand al'Fain
10-24-2011, 10:12 PM

Yeah, Davian covered it. And really, Boulder is like a Southern California town (culturally) dropped in the middle of the Rockies. And 30 minute drives are fairly common between towns and cities here in the Front Range.