View Full Version : Weather Sucks

Zaela Sedai
10-31-2011, 03:16 PM
That is all

Sarevok
10-31-2011, 03:23 PM
That is all

*sending hugs*

Snowing, I take it? Weather here is still ok. Except it's too warm for a winter coat and too cold for my summer jacket.

WinespringBrother
10-31-2011, 03:32 PM
We're 2 months recovered from a summer hurricane and got socked with a record winter nor'easter. 100000's of people without power. Miserable times all around...

You have my sympathy...Hang in there Z!

Bryan Blaire
10-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Snowing, I take it? Weather here is still ok. Except it's too warm for a winter coat and too cold for my summer jacket.
Snow sucks!!! Even worse on Halloween.

Sarevok, what the hell is a summer jacket? Summer doesn't require a jacket, only flip-flops, trunks and a tank top.

Gilshalos Sedai
10-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Our drought is expected to last till August 2012. (According to the Farmer's Almanac website.)

Send some here?

Please?
http://southendfamilyreunion.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/cat-shrek.jpg

Sarevok
10-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Serious low pressure area is on the way over here. Some serious rain is expected to hit Portugal and Spain on thursday. We're probably next somewhere during the weekend...

You can have it. Please? Take it!

Zaela Sedai
10-31-2011, 03:56 PM
no seg, millions of people... 890,000 CUSTOMERS (read homes and businesses) in CT alone...down to 763,000 Customers right now...not including me, I got it back thank god, if i had to go 7 days without power again like last time...But a lot of the state may go longer than that.

Zaela Sedai
10-31-2011, 03:58 PM
They are cancelling Halloween in a bunch of places (not here) and asking them to go on saturday because there are trees and wires everywhere. Schools have had over a week of closings from Irene, and are closed again for this... these kids are never getting out, we haven't even had a real snow day yet lol

Sei'taer
10-31-2011, 04:20 PM
It's 66 degrees, sunny and beautiful with a light breeze out of the south. I'm sitting on the porch in shorts and a tshirt, having a smoke, enjoying a glass of iced tea and watching the kids at the school across the street head home for the day.

What are you bitching about?

Zaela Sedai
10-31-2011, 04:33 PM
~kicks big bro in the nuts~

Sei'taer
10-31-2011, 05:00 PM
Sorry, I screwed up. It's actually 68 degrees.

Crispin's Crispian
10-31-2011, 05:12 PM
It's 66 degrees, sunny and beautiful with a light breeze out of the south. I'm sitting on the porch in shorts and a tshirt, having a smoke, enjoying a glass of iced tea and watching the kids at the school across the street head home for the day.

In your rocking chair? With the cat in your lap and your cane propped up in the doorway?

"Winter's a-comin'"

Davian93
10-31-2011, 06:11 PM
This storm thankfully missed us. Considering the monumental flood damage we are still dealing with from Irene, that is a good thing.

Sei'taer
10-31-2011, 06:25 PM
In your rocking chair? With the cat in your lap and your cane propped up in the doorway?

"Winter's a-comin'"

I'm not that much of a redneck, I was on a porch swing.

Rand al'Fain
10-31-2011, 10:22 PM
Waiting for snow.

Terez
10-31-2011, 10:59 PM
Sarevok, what the hell is a summer jacket? Summer doesn't require a jacket, only flip-flops, trunks and a tank top.
Apparently you have never been to the Netherlands in the summer. I have, and it was downright chilly.

Terez
10-31-2011, 11:01 PM
Serious low pressure area is on the way over here.
Does it look like this?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-sMK5sBL56Cg/TqaJd0fInCI/AAAAAAAAb30/K5mBcPoLNb4/w402/stormchasers.jpg

Bryan Blaire
10-31-2011, 11:41 PM
Apparently you have never been to the Netherlands in the summer. I have, and it was downright chilly.

Apparently you take everything I say seriously? :eek: LOL Does everyone know it's dry in the summer in Amarillo? Justin Beiber said that there's only two weeks of spring in Canada on Leno, he was serious right? It will completely destroy my world view if the Beaver Beiber is wrong!!! :eek:

I'm glad you are such a world traveler though.

Back on topic, Zae, there's no cancellation of Halloween! If we do, our world gets sucked into the Netherworld! (Or is that the Netherlands?)

Isabel
11-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Zaela: I am glad to you hear you have power again. I can imagine it really sucks for all those people who have no power.

Rand al'Fain
11-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Apparently you take everything I say seriously? :eek: LOL Does everyone know it's dry in the summer in Amarillo? Justin Beiber said that there's only two weeks of spring in Canada on Leno, he was serious right? It will completely destroy my world view if the Beaver Beiber is wrong!!! :eek:

I'm glad you are such a world traveler though.

Back on topic, Zae, there's no cancellation of Halloween! If we do, our world gets sucked into the Netherworld! (Or is that the Netherlands?)
Don't know about Canada, but in Wyoming we have;
Summer
Early Winter
Winter
Still Winter

Basically, 2 months of summer, followed 10 months where we can get snow at ANY time. Actually, we've gotten snow in the summer as well.

Terez
11-01-2011, 02:26 AM
Apparently you take everything I say seriously?
You know, it didn't really get serious until this post, where you, for no apparent reason, decided to make a big deal out of a lighthearted comment made in good humor.

yks 6nnetu hing
11-01-2011, 04:01 AM
what I find disturbing that we have warmer weather in November than in all of July. it's not warm, mind. Just warmer than bloody July.

GonzoTheGreat
11-01-2011, 04:44 AM
Wall Street Strikes Back.

According to what I heard on the radio this morning, OCW protesters are getting tips from homeless on how to cope with the conditions. Which of course shows the stupidity of evil: Wall Street could've easily bought off those homeless dudes, thus leaving their courageous adversaries the choice of either freezing or leaving.

Terez
11-01-2011, 06:35 AM
I heard OWS was getting advice from people that came from Occupy Anchorage, and that they had found some guy in New Jersey to help them make igloos.

Bryan Blaire
11-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Schools have had over a week of closings from Irene, and are closed again for this... these kids are never getting out, we haven't even had a real snow day yet lol

Like you really wanted them out... :D

Don't know about Canada, but in Wyoming we have;
Summer
Early Winter
Winter
Still Winter

Basically, 2 months of summer, followed 10 months where we can get snow at ANY time. Actually, we've gotten snow in the summer as well.

Isn't that called Hell? LOL

Nevermind, found it!
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm6S-wjQZZgfBOY5mn9uMZ-Tn_SDMPMSetq6ga_boYqk22JRAS

You know, it didn't really get serious until this post, where you, for no apparent reason, decided to make a big deal out of a lighthearted comment made in good humor.

Terez, it wasn't "serious" until you decided to answer a dumb, obvious question in an obvious way. One that was addressed to someone else. And then you made the answer about you and your travels. :rolleyes:

It was never serious. It still isn't. This is the Internet. :p

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtTCnqfLSOfo1d-8ClIrqwBGGkkqethnEfShiGLAW7POz0R88eeA
In honor of Halloween!

Ishara
11-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Does it look like this?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-sMK5sBL56Cg/TqaJd0fInCI/AAAAAAAAb30/K5mBcPoLNb4/w402/stormchasers.jpg

Is that *real*?! Not photoshopped?

As an Official Canuckian, I can attest to the fact that we in fact have both Spring and Summer, as well as Indian Summer, Early Winter and Late Winter (in addition to the obvious seasons of Fall and Winter, of course).

Now, Indian Summer can last between 1-4 weeks (or skip us altogether), but it's glorious when it's here. Easily my favourite time of the year.

yks 6nnetu hing
11-01-2011, 07:41 AM

As an Official Canuckian, I can attest to the fact that we in fact have both Spring and Summer, as well as Indian Summer, Early Winter and Late Winter (in addition to the obvious seasons of Fall and Winter, of course).

Now, Indian Summer can last between 1-4 weeks (or skip us altogether), but it's glorious when it's here. Easily my favourite time of the year.

I think my favourite is late winter. The colder, the better.

Ishara
11-01-2011, 07:51 AM
I think my favourite is late winter. The colder, the better.

I can honestly say that being cold is my own idea of personal hell. I hate nothing more than being cold. Hence my layers of electric blanket + multiple duvets in winter. Plus flannels and wool socks. When my husband (is it wrong that I'm still squeeing?) is away for business trips, I layer it all on and am sometimes still chilly. Pathetic, I know. :rolleyes:

Terez
11-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Yeah, it was posted by a guy on Google+ who follows awesome photographers. He usually posts their camera specs along with the pics.

Chasing the Storms by Chad Cowan

This storm dropped the largest hailstones ever recorded just prior to this shot in the town of Vivian, South Dakota. The world record breaking stone measured a whopping 8 inch diameter and weighed in at just under two pounds. To put that into perspective, the diameter of a regulation bowling ball is 8.5 inches.

Shot at 10mm with a 1/30 second exposure. Pretty lucky to get a lightning bolt out of that.

July 23, 2010 - central South Dakota.

You can buy the print at ChaseTheStorms ~ http://goo.gl/Cjn0x

maacaroni
11-01-2011, 09:52 AM
dry and sunny in England. Not particularly warm but it is nice enough. I think I might sneak out for a cheeky beer. Don't tell the missus, eh?

yks 6nnetu hing
11-01-2011, 10:14 AM
I can honestly say that being cold is my own idea of personal hell. I hate nothing more than being cold. Hence my layers of electric blanket + multiple duvets in winter. Plus flannels and wool socks. When my husband (is it wrong that I'm still squeeing?) is away for business trips, I layer it all on and am sometimes still chilly. Pathetic, I know. :rolleyes:

cold outside =/= cold inside. that's the best part! there's NOTHING better than coming in from -20C cold and having a mug of hot chocolate or mulled wine (glögg). Of course, the Dutch overall don't understand the concept of heating; so here it's cold inside when it's cold outside. The Nordic people do it right though.

Khoram
11-01-2011, 10:58 AM

Sometimes even Spring is skipped over - at least, it starts particularly late - I remember it snowing on my birthday, at the end of April, years ago. :O

And I was wearing shorts well into September, even going into October, so Indian Summer was at least with me. :D

I don't mind extreme heat, as long as it isn't humid (which we don't get here :().

Ishara
11-01-2011, 11:19 AM
cold outside =/= cold inside. that's the best part! there's NOTHING better than coming in from -20C cold and having a mug of hot chocolate or mulled wine (glögg). Of course, the Dutch overall don't understand the concept of heating; so here it's cold inside when it's cold outside. The Nordic people do it right though.

Okay, agreed on that point! I don't mind shovelling (for instance) when it's cold out, but around here it's a damp, windy cold since we're so close to the lake. Too long in the damp cold and there's no going back! At least before extended periods of cuddling under the electric blanket/ duvet combo coupled with hot tea!

So...I guess i like the cold too! ;)

Zaela Sedai
11-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Yeah its sucking over here. Offering friends places to say since its gonna be in the 20's tonight. I still think those of us who lost it before had it worse, most of the state that has lost power has public water...we had no water when we lost power. Water > Heat. You can't drink or more importantly flush toilets with heat.

Now those in my area who are still without power, I want to know who they pissed off.

tworiverswoman
11-01-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm going to assume that no one wants to hear about the weather in Hawaii... though it may please some to know that it poured buckets today and there is/was a flash flood watch this morning.

But it's going to be in the 80's F (26-29 C) most of this week.

Sei'taer
11-01-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm going to assume that no one wants to hear about the weather in Hawaii... though it may please some to know that it poured buckets today and there is/was a flash flood watch this morning.

A little to warm for me. I'd be sweatin like a pig.

Khoram
11-01-2011, 08:23 PM

Sounds nice... but I'd rather have the multiple seasons - that way I know the world is actually turning. :rolleyes:

Like right now, in the good ol' Montreal, it's 7 C (44/45 F) which is just how I like it. I can put up with extreme cold, seeing as I'm Canuckian (although I don't much care for it) but I particularly enjoy and prefer dry heat... like, say, 46 C (115 F) in Spain this past summer. Those were some good times. :D