PDA

View Full Version : Account hacked, now recovered

Sarevok
11-02-2011, 05:07 AM
After a heads-up from Stormy, I noticed my account had been hacked. All is (mostly) good now, but I sent a report to customer service anyway. Here's what happened:

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this, but we'll see.
A guild-mate of mine reported this morning that he saw my characters running around in what would have been the middle of the night to me. When I went to check on my account, I found that my password had changed. Luckily, I was easily able to change it again via my NCSoft master account.
The following appears to have happened:
Someone appears to have salvaged and sold off all my back-up armor, as well as all my dye. Also, my low-level ranger, that I haven't played with in months (if no years) appears to have been deleted in favor of a PvP-assassin. On the up-side, I now have about 2000 trick-or-treat bags and 250 luxon pendants. And I appear to be rich, since apparently, the money hasn't yet been funneled away towards gold-sellers.
Since I didn't really plan on playing all that much anyway before Guild Wars 2 comes out, the loss of the armor and dyes isn't really a blow to me.

The main point that I am writing this, is to make you aware of what happened and so that I won't lose my account again if someone else comes to tell you because I took my account back.

Sincerely,
[insert Sare's real name]

Zaela Sedai
11-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Yeah it seemed odd to us that you were playing so late or early for you lol. Glad it backfired on the scumbag

Sarevok
11-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Got a reply from ArenaNet boiling down to tips about how to prevent it from happening again, and the notice that they can't replace lost items. I take it that means I get to keep the trick-or-treat bags. :)

ShadowbaneX
11-02-2011, 12:44 PM
open 'em, sell the loot, buy better armour. ;)

Sucks about the character that was lost though.

Sarevok
11-02-2011, 12:59 PM
open 'em, sell the loot, buy better armour. ;)

Sucks about the character that was lost though.

Will open them and use the stuff. They alread sold all the consumables I had, as well as all my dyes and most materials, so it's not like I'm short on cash. :eek:
The lost character was a lvl 11 ranger that had been hanging out in Jak's Bend for 3 years now, so that's not a big los, either.
The biggest annoyance is all the armor sets I lost. I had a prot, a smiting and a 55-set for my monk.

All in all it's not a big loss, considering I'm hardly playing anymore, at all...
Come to think of it, I should get back in the game to get through the new Canthan stuff.

WinespringBrother
11-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Glad to see you recovered your account. If you need materials or runes or weapons or anything let me know.

Sarevok
11-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm good, right now. My main armor is still intact, except for one major vigor that was salvaged off. Found it sitting in my chest.