PDA

View Full Version : First Viewpoint

New Futurist Man
11-08-2011, 04:38 AM
It has been guessed. The character with a viewpoint for the first time in AMOL is Tam.
~ Brandon Sanderson 8/Nov/2011

One word: Tamandred

WinespringBrother
11-08-2011, 07:54 AM
One word: Tamandred

I let the Dragon Reborn slip right through my fingers? Blood and Bloody Ashes!!!

jana
11-08-2011, 08:48 AM
I hope Tam turns out to be gay and Kari was just for show because Two Rivers folk are intolerant of alternative lifestyles.

David Selig
11-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Hopefully we'll get Tam's viewpoint when Rand tells him he's having 3 girlfriends at once and introduced Elayne and Avi to him. Should be fun.

New Futurist Man
11-09-2011, 03:54 AM
The POV chapter for Tam is likely to be the chapter when he dies/is killed. BS may've felt the character deserved a first person POV for this event - considering who he is. Makes sense.

That's assuming he's not Demandred.

Terez
11-09-2011, 04:30 AM
I kind of have a tendency to doubt it just because, in his last #wotrr, Brandon said one of the things that he liked about WoT when he first read it, in reference to anti-troping, was that Tam lived. Maybe it's different if the father who is not really your father dies at the end?

Other than that, I can see it happening. Perhaps I shouldn't expect Brandon to think anything like me.

Daekyras
11-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey T, and others.

What is "anti-troping"?

kielbasaj
11-09-2011, 10:37 AM
A trope is a stereotypical plot line used throughout stories and such, so the anti-trope here is the hero's father doesn't die, as opposed to almost every other hero/superhero having to deal with a parent(s) being murdered.

Daekyras
11-09-2011, 10:46 AM
A trope is a stereotypical plot line used throughout stories and such, so the anti-trope here is the hero's father doesn't die, as opposed to almost every other hero/superhero having to deal with a parent(s) being murdered.

Much obliged kind sir!

kielbasaj
11-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Much obliged kind sir!

Further OT, however if you're interested you can get quite lost looking at tropes. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage)