PDA

View Full Version : There should be a license requirement for parenthood

Hopper
11-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Link to Story (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/29722068/detail.html#.TrrOixwpC6Y.facebook)

ATTLEBORO, Mass. -- A 41-year-old Attleboro woman is facing charges for allegedly agreeing to allow her 10-year-old daughter to pose nude over an internet connection for a Florida man she thought was a legitimate photographer.
The woman was released on $2,500 cash bail Tuesday after pleading not guilty in Attleboro District Court to charges of posing a child in the nude, indecent assault and battery on a child and child endangerment.
Prosecutors say the woman was offered $20,000 and a trip to Florida for her and her daughter to pose for bathing suit photos. The man said he had to see the daughter nude to assess her body type.
The woman told The Sun Chronicle she was duped. Her lawyer says she is married and has no criminal record.

Davian93
11-09-2011, 02:06 PM
I'd say that nobody could be that stupid but yeah, there are people that stupid out there.

Surprisingly, this is NOT the worst child abuse story I've read this week.

Zombie Sammael
11-09-2011, 02:18 PM
I'd say that nobody could be that stupid but yeah, there are people that stupid out there.

"No matter how stupid you think people can be, they can always surprise you." - Gnat's first rule

SauceyBlueConfetti
11-09-2011, 02:34 PM
I call Bullshit. No one is that stupid. She did it for the money, got caught, and is backpedaling.

tworiverswoman
11-09-2011, 04:34 PM
The "stupid" part was in believing there was money...

Davian93
11-09-2011, 04:49 PM
I call Bullshit. No one is that stupid. She did it for the money, got caught, and is backpedaling.

Either way, she should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. For every instance like this, they should tell the jury that it was a man that sold naked pictures of his daughter and use whatever verdict that leads too instead of saying it was a mother.

GonzoTheGreat
11-10-2011, 04:07 AM
There should be a license requirement for parenthoodSo that "those people" could be kept from breeding out of control?

I'll admit that the idea seems reasonable when hearing about stories like this. But then, think of Sarah Palin being on the board that decides whether or not you're allowed to have children, and the idea loses a lot of appeal again.

Hopper
11-10-2011, 07:32 PM
So that "those people" could be kept from breeding out of control?

I'll admit that the idea seems reasonable when hearing about stories like this. But then, think of Sarah Palin being on the board that decides whether or not you're allowed to have children, and the idea loses a lot of appeal again.

Part of my plan is that I would Chair the Board that decided. I'd put Davian in charge of the northeast, Gilshalos gets central U.S., Frenzy has western U.S. and I have the southeast. I'm taking applications for Europe, Asia, and Australia.

Ivhon
11-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Either way, she should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. For every instance like this, they should tell the jury that it was a man that sold naked pictures of his daughter and use whatever verdict that leads too instead of saying it was a mother.

As it is, she will cry, claim mental illness, cry again, say she is sorry, cry one more time and get a slap on the wrist.

Zombie Sammael
11-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Part of my plan is that I would Chair the Board that decided. I'd put Davian in charge of the northeast, Gilshalos gets central U.S., Frenzy has western U.S. and I have the southeast. I'm taking applications for Europe, Asia, and Australia.

I'll take Europe. Everyone else from Europe is either a noob or Gonzo, Yks being my only serious competition, and she hasn't even applied for the job yet. Plus, with my eugenics experience, I'm more than qualified.

Gilshalos Sedai
11-11-2011, 12:04 PM

Better to follow the Risk territories.

Sarevok
11-11-2011, 12:06 PM
I'll take Europe. Everyone else from Europe is either a noob or Gonzo, Yks being my only serious competition, and she hasn't even applied for the job yet. Plus, with my eugenics experience, I'm more than qualified.

I don't want the job... but I kinda resent being called a noob. :cool:

GonzoTheGreat
11-12-2011, 03:28 AM
I'll take Europe. Everyone else from Europe is either a noob or Gonzo, Yks being my only serious competition, and she hasn't even applied for the job yet. Plus, with my eugenics experience, I'm more than qualified.Isabel might kick you for calling her a noob. Or she might like it, which could easily turn out worse for you.

Besides, I'm very qualified to fulfill this post myself. I even have a standard reply prepared already: "No!" Don't think I'll ever need anything more than that for this purpose, really.

Davian93
11-12-2011, 06:35 AM
As it is, she will cry, claim mental illness, cry again, say she is sorry, cry one more time and get a slap on the wrist.

Oh, she was mentally ill? That poor, poor woman. I blame her husband for not properly supporting her with the kids. Had he been a man, this never would have happened.

GonzoTheGreat
11-12-2011, 06:46 AM
Oh, she was mentally ill? That poor, poor woman. I blame her husband for not properly supporting her with the kids. Had he been a man, this never would have happened.Then again, if gay marriage had been allowed, she could've had a wife. And we all know that dumping the kids on the wife is a far better strategy for raising them properly.

Isabel
11-12-2011, 07:25 AM

nah, i don't you would be able to take Europe. Especially since you don't have a clue about European Heroes of the Horn :D
Besides, I have met Hopper a couple of times in RL. I am sure that if i promise not to give him drop, he will hand over Europe to me. Perhaps even australia if I ask nicely.

GonzoTheGreat
11-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Besides, I have met Hopper a couple of times in RL. I am sure that if i promise not to give him drop, he will hand over Europe to me. Perhaps even australia if I ask nicely.Maybe you should take some zoute drop with you, to make very clear how nice you can be for not giving it to him.

Hopper
11-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Isabel -

Europe and Australia are all yours. No Drop exports to the U.S. though or I turn it all over to Z.S.

Figbiscuit
11-12-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't want the job... but I kinda resent being called a noob. :cool:

Hear hear. Just cos I'm not here all that much, doesn't make me a noob :p

Isabel
11-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Isabel -

Europe and Australia are all yours. No Drop exports to the U.S. though or I turn it all over to Z.S.

Haha, understood boss :D :p

Zaela Sedai
11-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Isabel -

Guess I'm not good enough for the NE....Oh well I guess it's bad enough I'm in charge of all he ones you allow to be conceived

Res_Ipsa
11-12-2011, 09:11 PM
I will take just Chicago with a promise to root out little bastards like these. http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Teen-Punching-Man-at-CTA-Stop-Caught-on-Tape-133703583.html?dr

All joking aside, and the fact that I think breeding requirements are a bad idea, I would really like 10mins with these idiots and then I will talk with their parents about how they must have failed to raise them properly.

Zaela Sedai
11-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Ok maybe not breeding requirements, but welfare should be coming with birth control as a requirement.

Oh yeah, I said it.

Brita
11-13-2011, 10:07 AM

Fortunately in Canada we are perfect and don't need any such regulation. Right? Maybe?

Ishara
11-16-2011, 07:29 AM
nah, i don't you would be able to take Europe. Especially since you don't have a clue about European Heroes of the Horn :D
Besides, I have met Hopper a couple of times in RL. I am sure that if i promise not to give him drop, he will hand over Europe to me. Perhaps even australia if I ask nicely.
Oh, lord. The world's nicest Dictator...LOL.

Fortunately in Canada we are perfect and don't need any such regulation. Right? Maybe?

Damn straight!

yks 6nnetu hing
11-16-2011, 08:09 AM
psst, Hopper, what if I promise to eat all the drop in the world thereby eliminating Isa's blackmail?

Sarevok
11-16-2011, 09:20 AM
psst, Hopper, what if I promise to eat all the drop in the world thereby eliminating Isa's blackmail?

Whoa! Bad idea! :eek:

(it involves someone else getting all the drop!)

GonzoTheGreat
11-16-2011, 09:58 AM
There is unrest in the Theoryland Senate. Several thousand star Heroes have declared their intentions to eat all the drop.

This Seperatist movement, led by the mysterious Count yks, has made it difficult for the limited number of drop loathers to maintain peace and order in Theoryland.

Senator Ishara, the former Queen of Naboo, is returning to the Senate to vote on the critical issue of creating an ARMY OF THE WHEEL to assist the overwhelmed loathers...

Sei'taer
11-16-2011, 10:34 AM
There is unrest in the Theoryland Senate. Several thousand star Heroes have declared their intentions to eat all the drop.

This Seperatist movement, led by the mysterious Count yks, has made it difficult for the limited number of drop loathers to maintain peace and order in Theoryland.

Senator Ishara, the former Queen of Naboo, is returning to the Senate to vote on the critical issue of creating an ARMY OF THE WHEEL to assist the overwhelmed loathers...

She's a princess.

Sign me up as a hater of drop.

yks 6nnetu hing
11-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Count? Count???

COUNT????

From now on, you may call me Dutchess. Or Goddess of the Seas, whichever you like best.

GonzoTheGreat
11-16-2011, 12:20 PM
"Duchess Dooku" ... hm ..., you're right: George Lucas should've used that.

Ishara
11-16-2011, 01:52 PM
She's a princess.

Sign me up as a hater of drop.
Damn skippy! The drop thing is made a billion times worse by Isa's obvious glee as she prepares the tissue and mints BEFORE she gives the crappy stuff! She clearly took pleasure in both the trepidation and the revulsion. LOL
Count? Count???

COUNT????

From now on, you may call me Dutchess. Or Goddess of the Seas, whichever you like best.

ROFLMAO. I feel like we're going to get into sooooo much trouble, you and I....

Zaela Sedai
11-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Damn skippy! The drop thing is made a billion times worse by Isa's obvious glee as she prepares the tissue and mints BEFORE she gives the crappy stuff! She clearly took pleasure in both the trepidation and the revulsion. LOL

Don't you just LOVE that little act of hers? LOL

Isabel
11-16-2011, 11:01 PM
:D:D:D:D:D
Sorry, can't help it:rolleyes: