PDA

View Full Version : Caprica

Verin Mathwin
11-18-2011, 04:16 PM
So, I just finished watching Battlestar Galactica. Loved it! I know some of you are fans of the show? How about Caprica... any good?

confused at birth
11-18-2011, 04:43 PM
How about Caprica... any good?

I think no is the correct reply to that question but I just watched Sanctuary for the last 4 hours so my opinion might not be the one to go with.

it is not as good as Battlestar Galactica

Kimon
11-18-2011, 08:36 PM
I think no is the correct reply to that question but I just watched Sanctuary for the last 4 hours so my opinion might not be the one to go with.

it is not as good as Battlestar Galactica

Subjective objectivity aside (or would that have been objective subjectivity?), Caprica is nonetheless worth watching if you haven't yet Verin. It was slightly sci-fi soap-opera-esque, but if you like other such shows, there is at least a fair chance that you will find Caprica amusing, albeit probably not as much so as you did Battlestar.

confused at birth
11-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Subjective objectivity aside (or would that have been objective subjectivity?)

after 30 seconds of google dont think it matters to much.

I watched it because I watched Battlestar, the story wasnt bad but the stupid brat in the robot got on my nerves.

almost as much as the film I am watching now, why would you lock Ashley Greene in your basement and not gag her wow that voice is getting on my nerves

never mind it just got sicker

GonzoTheGreat
11-19-2011, 04:19 AM
almost as much as the film I am watching now, why would you lock Ashley Greene in your basement and not gag her wow that voice is getting on my nervesWouldn't gagging her be a violation of her right to free speech? :confused:

confused at birth
11-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Wouldn't gagging her be a violation of her right to free speech?

so chaining her to the floor of my basement would be fine with you as long as I let say what she wants.

what would be the point of that? the only person who could hear her wouldnt care what she wanted.

should she still be allowed to vote as well?

the creep was her half brother

GonzoTheGreat
11-19-2011, 04:26 PM
should she still be allowed to vote as well?Tricky question, that one. I'm actually not entirely sure of the correct protocol in this case.
I guess that it depends on the location of your basement. In some places, prisoners lose their right to vote, in other places they retain that. So I guess that you should go to your local police station, and ask them whether or not a chick you've chained up in your basement still has the right to vote. I'm sure they'll be very helpful.

confused at birth
11-19-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm sure they'll be very helpful.

my local police wouldnt be the best to ask a law question they dont really have to know many laws they mostly just nick the losers of bar fights that cannot aford to bribe them.

Would need to ask someone who thinks the law is important.
but I guess she could do it the same way troops on active duty do

anyway what was your opinion of Caprica?

DahLliA
11-19-2011, 06:14 PM
I didn't like Caprica. not enough action, and too much soap

confused at birth
11-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Which is a pity because Battlestar Galactica managed to use bars of soap to make action pretty well twice off the top of my head

DahLliA
11-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Which is a pity because Battlestar Galactica managed to use soap to make action pretty well twice off the top of my head

BSG was awesome. except for the weird ending

confused at birth
11-22-2011, 10:07 PM
except for the weird ending

what weird ending he was right the doctor did spend the series thinking about sex

ShadowbaneX
11-22-2011, 10:42 PM
BSG was awesome. except for the weird ending
the first 3.5 seasons was awesome. The last half season was salvageable but the ending...actually, this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4PjSVOnrVg&t=3m10s) is a pretty good representation of the entire series.

confused at birth
12-30-2011, 11:58 PM
watching BSG right now to take my mind off things...

anyway I just remembered Seelix was cute I cant believe she is 40,

and I would have taken Racetrack over Starbuck

Sinistrum
12-31-2011, 12:14 PM
The last season of BSG completely ruined it for me. I can't even say it was a good show anymore it was that bad (same thing with Lost). As a result I avoided Caprica like the plague.

Zombie Sammael
12-31-2011, 12:25 PM
I'd love to know what people found so unsatisfying about the ending. At the end of the day, the good guys flew a broken down spaceship into a black hole to rescue a baby, and if that's not sci-fi gold, I don't know what is. I thought it was great.

Verin Mathwin
12-31-2011, 12:30 PM
I forgot about this thread... I tried to get through Caprica, after a painful ten episodes or so I just gave up.

confused at birth
12-31-2011, 12:44 PM
I tried to get through Caprica, after a painful ten episodes or so I just gave up.

I did warn you but no one trusts the opinion of the crazy guy

ShadowbaneX
12-31-2011, 12:57 PM
I'd love to know what people found so unsatisfying about the ending. At the end of the day, the good guys flew a broken down spaceship into a black hole to rescue a baby, and if that's not sci-fi gold, I don't know what is. I thought it was great.
because BSG wasn't sci-fi gold. At the start is was something rather new and different, which is pretty impressive for being a remake. There were also a lot of elements which just didn't make sense. They were building up the Opera House since Kobol and that didn't really make any sense. They had 13 models since the pilot, but handled the "Final Five" horribly.

In defence of BSG's final season there was a writer's strike and that had a rather horrible impact on the final half season, but there also some slipping before that. The third season was just down right awesome, with Maelstrom being one of my favourite episodes of the entire series. It was almost a little too good because they didn't really know where to go from there.

confused at birth
12-31-2011, 01:03 PM
the rescue from new caprica was cool, Lee blew up his ship.

Gaeta wasnt even onboard and the Galactica was still flaming

confused at birth
01-05-2012, 11:52 PM
So, I just finished watching Battlestar Galactica.

only just noticed this, what took so long?

didnt it end like 2 years ago?:confused: