PDA

View Full Version : The ending theory

thefistsofheaven
11-18-2011, 07:58 PM
...i just spend a long time typing a post and i timed out and all my types are lost... this should be fixed... anyway... i will redo this... in shorter form...

I am new btw... was going to summit this to the theories but i am not sure how that works... so i am just going to post it here. also idk if someone else already suggested this.

my theory refers to TGS, Commentary on The Dragon, "he shall hold a blade of light in his hands and the three shall be one"
according to the book this mean rand is using callandor with 2 other... but i don't think this is talking about how he is going to use it but more about what he is to do with it.

My theory: The 3 that are going to be One are The Land, The Creator and The Dark One

The Land is rand since he is linked and one with the land, The Creator is The pattern or The great serpent and The Dark One is Moridin or Shaidar Haran

this is supported by a few other parts of the earlier books though i am not sure where in the series that they come from.

Rand had asked LTT on what he did and how to seal The Dark One and 2 of LTT's reply jumped out at me. They were something like "brute force will not contain him." and "something must be touching him."

these 2 phrases are straightforward enough. since if rand does bond with The Dark One, he will be doing what both phrases suggested.

another part that supports my idea is somewhere in the first few books when Moraine or someone else had said something along the line of "I was hopping The Dark One get weaved into the Pattern itself, thus rendering him useless."

also about breaking the seals. since the seal is blocking The Dark One from coming through, breaking the seals will allow The Dark One to have a greater presences on the world, which might also make him easier to be reached and bonded.

Since joining u guys i have read 2 extra treads that seems to support this.

the first one is in the General Wheel of Time Discussion named "the Bond (potential endgame theories?)"

this agrees with what i am suggesting b/c this is similar to what happened to Birgitte and Elayne. Birgitte was not attached to the pattern and through the bonding by Elayne was weaved into the pattern. and the same thing could happen to the Dark One.

second is in the WoT Re-Read with Brandon Sanderson named "Brandon's 'innocent' foreshadowing"

in that tread's post #8 someone quoted "What kind of need would be great enough that we'd want the Dragon to save us from it?" Rand mused. "As well ask for help from the Dark One."

well this is a 100% innocent comment by rand that fits with what i am suggesting. and if u ask what help the dark one can give?

well i am thinking that if Shaidar Haran is the one that rand has to bond with, the One Power cannot be sensed or used when Shaidar Haran is close... so maybe the bond will be formed by using the True Power (since the link btw Mordin allows rand to use it) and Callandor is also a sa'angreal to the True Power.

Lupusdeusest
11-19-2011, 06:41 PM
So. What happens to the Light?

Ishara
11-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Welcome to Theoryland!

Interstesting theory fistsofheaven (fisty is taken - any suggestions?). Let's flesh it out a bit though.

Anyone want to help find the quotes referenced in the theory? Use T's WoT Reference Library to start and/or our Theoryland Search function for specific quotes (helps to know the books though).

A question: If Rand (representing the Land) bonds Shaidar Haran or Moridin (representing the Dark One) using the True Power, then who or what represent the Pattern for the situation to fit with 3 become 1?

Sei'taer
11-21-2011, 08:48 PM
I like it too, but I swear I've read somewhere that a myrrdraal can't be bonded. It seems like one of the browns was talking about it. Haran isn't really normal though so it might be possible...

Rand al'Fain
11-21-2011, 10:51 PM
I like it too, but I swear I've read somewhere that a myrrdraal can't be bonded. It seems like one of the browns was talking about it. Haran isn't really normal though so it might be possible...

He's not normal because he's basically the DO's eyes and ears.