PDA

View Full Version : COTW-Logain Ablar

WinespringBrother
11-19-2011, 07:45 PM
To recap the concept:

First, pop over here (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5669)for the main thread, to see our list of upcoming characters.

I’d like discussions to link back to any existing theories, threads and ideas, but let’s try and integrate them into new theories, thoughts and ideas okay? This is less to do with whether we “like” characters – we are Theorylanders, and we are not vapid. If you want to be a Theorylander, practice thinking critically and objectively. Don’t worry, we’ll help!

This week, we're discussing Logain Ablar.

Logain has seen some extreme highs and lows so far, from being self-proclaimed Dragon to a pitiful non-channeling wretch to a high-powered Asha'man and trusted assistant to Rand. However, his future is very undecided, on the pro side with Min's viewing of unimaginable glory, but on the con side, one of his entourage and someone that is among the last presumably to have seen him (Mezar) being possessed/under the Shadow's influence/turned/what have you and claiming all is well with Logain. Not to mention Rand's ominous statement that "There is something wrong at the Black Tower" and the fact that Rand sent in Naeff to investigate, instead of Logain, who is apparently MIA. There is also Egwene's Dream of him laughing and stepping over paper mache Rand onto a black stone. Well, say one thing for Logain, say he's a survivor :D so if anyone can get turned and de-turned/unturned, it would be him! So what is Logain's status right now, and where will he end up? Back to his noble status (maybe King even)? Will he steal some of Rand's thunder so Rand can get some R&R finally? Will we finally see a saidin battle royale at the Black Tower?

Rand al'Fain
11-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Barring any M.Knight Shyamalan plot twists, Rand will probably retire to the Two Rivers, have a farm, occasionally visit Elayne and the twins, have kids with the other 2 (presumably), and just kick back and enjoy the family life. I see Logain becoming the new head of the Black Tower, and may help re-unify the male and female channelers and, if RJ's notes allow it, share rule of the channelers with Eggy. And occasionally visit Rand for advice or what not. He has the makings of being a leader and looks to be duking it out with the turned/DF Ashaman at the Black Tower.

The Angry Druid
11-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Logain disappearing, and the whole BT plot avoidance (Pevara, Logain, Rand, Taim, whomever) basically since LoC has been one of the biggest disappointments of the books for me.

Still, hopefully that gets remedied, and we got a little taste in ToM.

But I'm hoping we get some explanation for why Rand thought it was OK to do nothing at the BT until after the FoM, but I'm not optimistic.

greatwolf
11-22-2011, 04:39 AM
But I'm hoping we get some explanation for why Rand thought it was OK to do nothing at the BT until after the FoM, but I'm not optimistic.

That part's easy. He's chicken!

Rand al'Fain
11-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Logain disappearing, and the whole BT plot avoidance (Pevara, Logain, Rand, Taim, whomever) basically since LoC has been one of the biggest disappointments of the books for me.

Still, hopefully that gets remedied, and we got a little taste in ToM.

He was kind of, ok, really f******* crazy and getting pretty close to wiping out the entire world due to the taint and channeling the True Power. But, we have a month where we have no clue about what he has done or been doing leading up to Merrilor, so I think that will be covered fairly early on in the book.