PDA

View Full Version : So who else is coming?

DaiShan1981
11-23-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm sure the info is somewhere on here, but as you all (might) know I haven't been around much for quite some time...
I'm going to Jordancon this year though together with Yks, and am looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can!

So who else is coming? I dare ya! :)

Sarevok
11-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi Dai! :)

Unfortunately, my answer is the same as last year: only if I happen to win the lottery.

On another note, I think this (http://theoryland.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=43)is the sub-forum you're looking for.

Davian93
11-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Hey Dai!

Good to see you again.

How the hell are you only an Ancient?

DaiShan1981
11-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Hehe, maybe "Legend" is better, since old people tell of my existence, but the youngsters have never seen me? ;)

I remember a rule from way back when though that you had to be involved in the boards continuously to get upgraded to Hero status, so I don't think it's unfair. We'll see what happens after Jordancon! So are you coming? :)

Terez
11-23-2011, 04:12 PM
No one has ever seen Dav. We're not sure if he really exists.

Tomp
11-23-2011, 04:30 PM
I'll be there if someone sponsors my trip to the US.

So probably not

Ishara
11-23-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm going - can't wait to see you both!

Dav - come!!!!

Davian93
11-23-2011, 05:30 PM

Dav - come!!!!

Love to but I dont have the money. :(

Terez
11-23-2011, 08:44 PM
It's the shoes...

Sei'taer
11-23-2011, 09:17 PM
I'll be there if I have to put the whole thing on a credit card.

Khoram
11-23-2011, 11:09 PM

Dav - come!!!!

;) If you're driving, mind picking me up in Montreal? :D

I would so go if I had the money. And the ability to get there. *sigh*

Dav, if you go, I'll buy you lunch. Twice. :D

Isabel
11-24-2011, 12:48 AM
Love to but I dont have the money. :(

Dav: where do you live again? Isn't there someone close to you, so you can drive together or find a very cheap ticket and share a room with someone?

Frenzy
11-24-2011, 01:29 AM
i'm not going, and now i'm super-bummed cuz i'd love to meet yks & Dai Shan.

DaiShan1981
11-24-2011, 02:47 AM
Yay Taer and Ishara! :)
And I'll miss you, Frenzy, it would'be been great to finally meet you too!

yks 6nnetu hing
11-24-2011, 03:51 AM
We'll be a few days in Boston and a few days in New York. Anyone that's not coming want to meet us there?

soooo loooking forward to it! and sad that Frenzy's not coming :(

Ishara
11-24-2011, 09:31 AM
So much to respond to.....

It's the shoes...
Heh.

I'll be there if I have to put the whole thing on a credit card.
I don't think I'll have to, but that's about my take on the whole thing too.
;) If you're driving, mind picking me up in Montreal? :D Not drinving, and you're SOOO out of the way.

i'm not going, and now i'm super-bummed cuz i'd love to meet yks & Dai Shan.
WHHHHHYYYY???? That *sucks*!

Frenzy
11-24-2011, 02:29 PM
WHHHHHYYYY???? That *sucks*!
The 20% pay cut i've had to eat, plus the 50% cut they're proposing. TOTALLY harshing my mellow, and burning my mallows too.

Ishara
11-24-2011, 04:02 PM
SHIT! That *is* harsh! Boo! Stupid Californian government. Sorry, Dark Lady.

~hugs~

Isabel
11-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Ah, that sucks:(

Davian93
11-25-2011, 12:30 AM
ALl of our money is going into 1 of 3 things right now:

1. Wedding
2. Honeymoon
3. House Projects (like the heating stove I just bought for a cool $3500.

We're also trying to go away for a week next summer for a small trip (maybe back to Bar Harbor or maybe up to Prince Edward Island or maybe even just to the Adirondacks for a hiking vacation) but we'll see.

Oddly enough, I haven't bought a pair of shoes in a good year and that was a new pair of hiking shoes (really good Merrill gortex lined ones that I'm currently beating into the ground every weekend) I only have 2-3 pairs of dress shoes to be honest (1 brown, 1 black and another brown that are winter shoes I keep at my office as I wear my cold weather boots in) Crazy eh? Now, my SO...she has some pretty nice shoes/boots. I'm sure Ishara would love some of them.

GonzoTheGreat
11-25-2011, 05:24 AM
The 20% pay cut i've had to eat, plus the 50% cut they're proposing. TOTALLY harshing my mellow, and burning my mallows too.
Hey, look at the bright side: it does mean that taxes won't be raised. That's good, isn't it?

yks 6nnetu hing
11-25-2011, 05:46 AM
Now, my SO...she has some pretty nice shoes/boots. I'm sure Ishara would love some of them.

*sniff* she would *cries quietly in the corner*

Is it too much to hope that the honeymoon will be in Amsterdam? Although, even if it is I really can't imagine that your gal will want to spend time with some weirdos from some creepy fanforum.

Isabel
11-25-2011, 08:58 AM

1. Wedding
2. Honeymoon

Very understandeble:( A wedding is important :p

SauceyBlueConfetti
11-25-2011, 03:12 PM
1. Still considering attendance due to various vacation planning for 2012
2. Frenzy not being there = booooo
3. Congrats, Dav, on the impending matrimony :)

Figbiscuit
11-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Now, my SO...she has some pretty nice shoes/boots. I'm sure Ishara would love some of them.

I'm sure she's not the only one...shoes...lovely lovely shoes *drools*

Sinistrum
11-25-2011, 05:31 PM
There might be a surprise guest or two for those attending. I make no promises as to whether you will enjoy the surprise. Just sayin...

Isabel
11-26-2011, 12:32 AM
LOL, that would be so weird:eek: and cool:p:rolleyes:. In that case, I would suggest a no politics agreement:P

pops taer
11-26-2011, 09:47 AM
All depends on my Bride's sister, my bride's knee operation and the US Postal Service and how they mistreat me. If they shut my plant down and force me to retire I probably won't make it. I have been saving for one more vacation after I retire and it includes going to see my Aes Sedai in CT and then a few more days elsewhere with my Bride. Things don't look good. Would love to meet yks and Dai face to face but will have to see.

Pops

DaiShan1981
11-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Hard times, Pops. It would be great to meet you! But everybody has to prioritize much more these days

How about some other oldsters? I suppose Tam will be there as, well, Tamyrlin of the board, but Gil, Bryan, SBX, JWB, SDog? Any of the other fossiles who still remember me?

Ah and Sini, that would be awesome to meet you! I honestly don't care if I've agreed or disagreed with you (or anyone else for that matter) - we've had some good times together, and it would be great to celebrate that in person!

Zaela Sedai
11-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I need to see my Pops! Hopin you can still get out here :D.

I hate that I don't have the freedom to up and leave like the infamous DragonCon, what I wouldn't do for another TL road trip, especially one where we didn't have to carry gas cans with us in the trunk LOL. Where the hell is a business trip when I need one!

Oh well at least I get to help some of you pre-game, and Boston is the perfect place to pre-game!

AbbeyRoad
11-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Oh well at least I get to help some of you pre-game, and Boston is the perfect place to pre-game!
Pre-game in Boston, you say? I definitely will not be able to make the actual event, but I'm close enough to Boston to possibly meet someone depending on the date and time.

Isabel
11-28-2011, 12:14 AM
1. Still considering attendance due to various vacation planning for 2012
2. Frenzy not being there = booooo
3. Congrats, Dav, on the impending matrimony :)

Would be cool, if you can make it :)

Isabel
11-28-2011, 12:17 AM
I need to see my Pops! Hopin you can still get out here :D.

I hate that I don't have the freedom to up and leave like the infamous DragonCon, what I wouldn't do for another TL road trip, especially one where we didn't have to carry gas cans with us in the trunk LOL. Where the hell is a business trip when I need one!

:(

Sinistrum
11-28-2011, 02:12 AM
but Gil, Bryan, SBX, JWB, SDog?

I'll give you three guesses as to who I'm roadtripping with.

DaiShan1981
11-28-2011, 05:52 AM
I think I only need two, unless you're taking a really weird detour! Yay! Two more I finally get to meet! :)

yks 6nnetu hing
11-28-2011, 08:39 AM
I think I only need two, unless you're taking a really weird detour! Yay! Two more I finally get to meet! :)

he's excited. can you tell?

Ishara
11-28-2011, 09:45 AM

1. Wedding
2. Honeymoon

We're also trying to go away for a week next summer for a small trip (maybe back to Bar Harbor or maybe up to Prince Edward Island or maybe even just to the Adirondacks for a hiking vacation) but we'll see.

Oddly enough, I haven't bought a pair of shoes in a good year and that was a new pair of hiking shoes (really good Merrill gortex lined ones that I'm currently beating into the ground every weekend) I only have 2-3 pairs of dress shoes to be honest (1 brown, 1 black and another brown that are winter shoes I keep at my office as I wear my cold weather boots in) Crazy eh? Now, my SO...she has some pretty nice shoes/boots. I'm sure Ishara would love some of them.

1. Elope. Truly. Elope. have a nice little brunch when you get back with the family and friends, and elope.

2. The beauty of eloping is that you just get to tack it on - plus, there's no stress of getting through the airport to interfere with the "just married" vibe. ;) Mexico is excellent for the purposes of eloping, just sayin'.

3. House - well, yeah. We prioritize and go after one project after another, saving up for the next in between. Takes forEVER, but I imagine you do the same thing.

There might be a surprise guest or two for those attending. I make no promises as to whether you will enjoy the surprise. Just sayin...
~Quitely squeeing~

WinespringBrother
11-28-2011, 09:58 AM

Cool!

LOL, that would be so weird:eek: and cool:p:rolleyes:. In that case, I would suggest a no politics agreement:P

This. Though since no politics were discussed (that I recall) on my trip to East Texas, shouldn't be a problem.

Ishara
11-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Cool!

This. Though since no politics were discussed (that I recall) on my trip to East Texas, shouldn't be a problem.

Oh, we discussed politics, we just had fun doing it and agreeing to disagree. Plus, there's no ill will that beer and queso can't fix...

Davian93
11-28-2011, 10:51 AM
1. Elope. Truly. Elope. have a nice little brunch when you get back with the family and friends, and elope.

Honestly, we pretty much are. We're looking at under 50 people and maybe even under 25. It is going to be a very small ceremony and the bulk of any money we are saving is being blown on a massive honeymoon. Right now the plan is to tour southern France starting in Bordeaux and working our way east with stops in Toulouse, Carcassonne, Avignon, etc.

Mort
11-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Honestly, we pretty much are. We're looking at under 50 people and maybe even under 25. It is going to be a very small ceremony and the bulk of any money we are saving is being blown on a massive honeymoon. Right now the plan is to tour southern France starting in Bordeaux and working our way east with stops in Toulouse, Carcassonne, Avignon, etc.

When is the wedding? Next spring/summer?

Davian93
11-28-2011, 10:55 AM
When is the wedding? Next spring/summer?

Next autumn tentatively.

DaiShan1981
11-28-2011, 11:02 AM
You don't seem to be going for a beach holiday, but the Mediterranean is wonderful. If you're already at Avignon...
The nicest vacations I spent as a kid were in Cap d'Agde, somewhere between Montpellier and Narbonne. Maybe Cannes or Nice is more interesting when you're not 12?
Sounds like a great trip in any case! But purely on principle I have to protest that of course it's still no reason not to come see us at JordanCon! :-P

Ishara
11-28-2011, 02:53 PM

Oh, if you're there, do Aix-en-Provence as well! GGK's Ysabel is set there, as is A Song for Arbonne (which I feel you well know).

Sounds AMAZING. I will just advise that things blow up (and out) quickly when you're planning and it's soooo easy to spend a ton of cash on even just 25 people... Just remember and KEEP remembering that this is about the two of you ONLY. What is that you both want, need out of the day? To be married. Say the words, sign the paper and kiss the girl. So long as that's all done, then the rest is just gravy.

Uno
11-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Unless they're changing the venue to within an hour from us and have an open bar, we're not coming.

Davian93
11-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Oh, if you're there, do Aix-en-Provence as well! GGK's Ysabel is set there, as is A Song for Arbonne (which I feel you well know).

Sounds AMAZING. I will just advise that things blow up (and out) quickly when you're planning and it's soooo easy to spend a ton of cash on even just 25 people... Just remember and KEEP remembering that this is about the two of you ONLY. What is that you both want, need out of the day? To be married. Say the words, sign the paper and kiss the girl. So long as that's all done, then the rest is just gravy.

We're not even doing a big dress and/or tux. I'm wearing a nice casual suit with a flat cap and she's going with a vintage dress that didn't cost hardly anything. It will be more like a big dinner than a reception as we are the ones paying 100% of it. It will definitely be nice but casual/affordable. We're pretty selfish to be honest and we dont feel the need to impress others by feeding the masses.

Ishara
11-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Whatever makes you both happy - that's what counts. I have spreadsheets (galore) if you're interested. I found a project plan to be ridiculously helpful in tracking tasks as well as the budget throughout the process.

Zaela Sedai
11-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Gah Gil and Bry are gonna be there too! Kill me now, please. Why couldn't this thing be like not in Atlanta or something instead. Virginia would work, NY would be fabulous...Hell I'll hold it at my house LOL ;)

Khoram
11-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Gah Gil and Bry are gonna be there too! Kill me now, please. Why couldn't this thing be like not in Atlanta or something instead. Virginia would work, NY would be fabulous...Hell I'll hold it at my house LOL ;)
THERE! :D

Bryan Blaire
11-28-2011, 08:08 PM
We're going to be there? This is news... :confused: Seriously, I have to put in leave like that almost a year in advance. And I didn't...

DaiShan1981
11-29-2011, 03:28 AM
:(

Isabel
11-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Bryan: Do you also work the weekend? Else you can come friday evening and leave sunday evening?

Bryan Blaire
11-29-2011, 10:11 AM
If I'm not scheduled off for leave, then yes, I can officially be called upon for overtime work. Even if I try and trade it to others, if everyone else in my office refuses the job, I am required to be present and available for work.

Isabel
11-29-2011, 10:17 AM
That sucks :(
Sinistrum: are you still coming if Gil and Bryan can't make it? How come the confusion?

BTW: can anyone contact Eclipse and ask if he is coming or SP or Snow or Firseal or any other people who aren't visiting TL much?

Davian93
11-29-2011, 10:19 AM
If I'm not scheduled off for leave, then yes, I can officially be called upon for overtime work. Even if I try and trade it to others, if everyone else in my office refuses the job, I am required to be present and available for work.

Wow...that must suck. You need to come work for DHS with me. I get every other Friday off and can flex my schedule all the time. Your job sounds like actual "work"...:(

Isabel
11-29-2011, 10:24 AM
BTW, I made a post on facebook about jordan con. If posssible repost it and start bothering people :p

If money is a problem try to find people who live near you and you can drive together :) Perhaps we can make a post about " I need a car ride to Jordan Con' ?

Bryan Blaire
11-29-2011, 10:26 AM
I work right next to a bunch of DHS guys. They have less ability to alter their schedules or not be available than I do. I'm actually good where I am. LOL

IIRC, from last time I talked to him, Eclipse is still going to be out of country on a tour of duty then.

DaiShan1981
11-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Well, all I can say is it would be awesome to meet you guys... But if it ain't happening it ain't happening. We'll send pics ;)

Zaela Sedai
11-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Lol Isa - not everyones willing to hop in to a car and take a 15 hour drive picking up people on the way. GOD THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN! (yes I know I already said it)

I take it you are going straight to Atlanta again?

Isabel
11-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Zae: I am making a stop in Memphis :) After Memphis I will go to Atlanta!

But perhaps I will be coming to the Boston area again in 2013. (not sure for Jordan Con or world con)
I would love to meet up with you again.

SauceyBlueConfetti
11-30-2011, 09:12 AM
so now the question is...who is/are the vague "surprise guests" Sini is mysteriously referring to in his post?

I also assumed Gil/Bryan.

WAIT! Is it any of our trolls?

DaiShan1981
11-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Considering he quoted my post, and it appears not to be Gil or Bryan, I can only assume he's detouring through California, Oregon or Canada.

But I'm a little afraid it might just have been a misunderstanding and now none of them are coming :(

Zaela Sedai
11-30-2011, 11:27 AM
I hope so Isa! Be great to see you again.

Dai - That'd be a mighty large detour. But then you did say you were going to the middle of the country when speaking of Atlanta....

Just remember, Boston is on the East coast ;)

DaiShan1981
11-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Nono, the middle of NOWHERE I said. Meaning Roswell ;)

Crispin's Crispian
11-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Considering he quoted my post, and it appears not to be Gil or Bryan, I can only assume he's detouring through California, Oregon or Canada.

But I'm a little afraid it might just have been a misunderstanding and now none of them are coming :(

You say that like I'd get in a car driven by the Lizard. hahahahaha....

But seriously, it's not in the cards for Yours Truly. Much as I'd like to see (and meet) you all, it's pretty tough to get away even for a few days. Without a coincidental business trip down there, I'll be here in April.

Zaela Sedai
11-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Nono, the middle of NOWHERE I said. Meaning Roswell ;)

That's New Mexico not Georgia.

DaiShan1981
11-30-2011, 04:06 PM
If I weren't before, now I'm really confused, lol...

Zaela Sedai
11-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Mission accomplished.

Sinistrum
11-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Mission accomplished.

Exactly. Bwhahahahahahaha!

Zaela Sedai
11-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Exactly. Bwhahahahahahaha!

~tosses bag of cheezy poofs and scores a high five before snaarfage ensues~

DaiShan1981
11-30-2011, 11:34 PM
I just hope I booked tickets and hotels to the right place... And that I don't end up between a bunch of Arabs in a conference about Jordan.

Isabel
11-30-2011, 11:47 PM
haha, no Dai. You booked to the right place. There is a small town called Roswell near Atlanta :) :)

There is also the famous rowell in new Mexico (?). However the con is not there.

Crispin's Crispian
12-01-2011, 12:07 PM
haha, no Dai. You booked to the right place. There is a small town called Roswell near Atlanta :) :)

There is also the famous rowell in new Mexico (?). However the con is not there.

There may be a con there, though.

Zaela Sedai
12-01-2011, 12:11 PM
There may be a con there, though.

That would be a creepy con. Anal probes and all.

Crispin's Crispian
12-01-2011, 12:12 PM
That would be a creepy con. Anal probes and all.

No no...I'm not talking about the one you guys are going to.

Zaela Sedai
12-01-2011, 12:38 PM
No no...I'm not talking about the one you guys are going to.
no con in Roswell would be complete with out probes... don't pretend you don't know that!!

Leanne
12-01-2011, 02:44 PM
I've been to every one so far and I refused to let something like a new job change that now! I've already requested that I get time off before the normal 6 month period. :D

DaiShan1981
12-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Awesome! I promise to keep the probing down to a minimum!

And nice to meet you, by the way! ;)

Zaela Sedai
12-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Dude! There's no probing at JordanCon... only at whatever Con is being held in Roswell... geez get with the program!

Khoram
12-01-2011, 06:43 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rKvAmdl5y-8/R_Oqpe6UcWI/AAAAAAAABAc/vkL6GW7gjf4/s400/poutine.jpg

*drool*

Crispin's Crispian
12-01-2011, 06:56 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rKvAmdl5y-8/R_Oqpe6UcWI/AAAAAAAABAc/vkL6GW7gjf4/s400/poutine.jpg

*drool*

That looks a lot like churros covered in marshmallows and some kind of caramel/chocolate sauce.

Yum!

Davian93
12-01-2011, 07:02 PM
That looks a lot like churros covered in marshmallows and some kind of caramel/chocolate sauce.

Yum!

There's several places in Burlington, VT that make great poutine.

Bryan Blaire
12-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Dude, I thought you had posted a picture of someone's loose excrement for a second! WTF...

Davian93
12-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Dude, I thought you had posted a picture of someone's loose excrement for a second! WTF...

It tastes ridiculously good.

Khoram
12-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Not even close. This is what I had for supper tonight - all this talk of poutine and fries made me crave this delicacy.

And I'm really happy I had it - it hit the spot. Perfectly.

I reiterate - Poutine = Heart-attack Heaven. It also = Love at first bite. Not necessarily at first sight, but I digress...

EDIT: So I meant to post this in the OWS thread. XD That's why this came out of the blue in this one. Oops.

DaiShan1981
12-02-2011, 02:07 AM
Ok, so, things I have learned since starting this thread;
'Taer and Ishara are coming (yay!)
Sinistrum is coming and is carpooling with Gil and Bryan, who are not coming (this is where it started to get confusing).
There are multiple Roswells, only one of them has the con. Good luck everyone.
Zae still has a one-track mind.
For an instant heart-attack, eat that thing that Khoram posted.

It's good to see that not much has changed at TL :)

Sarevok
12-02-2011, 05:26 AM

Who'd have thought... I'm agreeing with some Americans on food stuf. :eek:

Zaela Sedai
12-02-2011, 07:30 AM
I do not!

It's like a track and a half....

yks 6nnetu hing
12-02-2011, 08:19 AM
I do not!

It's like a track and a half....

...off the track right into the gutter

:rolleyes:

Zaela Sedai
12-02-2011, 11:26 AM

<3

Since I cant rep you

Davian93
12-02-2011, 11:52 AM

As if we ever really leave the gutter.

Gilshalos Sedai
12-02-2011, 01:34 PM
As if we ever really leave the gutter.

I thought that's where the ESC couch was located.

Khoram
12-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Ok, so, things I have learned since starting this thread;
'Taer and Ishara are coming (yay!)
Sinistrum is coming and is carpooling with Gil and Bryan, who are not coming (this is where it started to get confusing).
There are multiple Roswells, only one of them has the con. Good luck everyone.
Zae still has a one-track mind.
For an instant heart-attack, eat that thing that Khoram posted.

It's good to see that not much has changed at TL :)

Still alive. ;) And kickin' (not the bucket, mind you).

No heart attack ye... *clutches chest and drops to the floor*

Crispin's Crispian
12-02-2011, 02:47 PM
That explains the smell. Well...that and Taer.

Zaela Sedai
12-02-2011, 02:49 PM

We really SHOULD get this damn couch cleaned.

And the rugs...what with all the dog..er..wolf excrement that is probably around. They really should be housebroken by now.

confused at birth
12-02-2011, 03:15 PM
seeing the way the one went i am sure at least one of you is faking

Sei'taer
12-02-2011, 04:08 PM

Sorry, cheese curd and beer gives me the farts.

Khoram
12-02-2011, 04:18 PM
So you're saying you're always gaseous?

How many moons do you have orbiting you? :D

Zaela Sedai
12-02-2011, 05:17 PM
seeing the way the one went i am sure at least one of you is faking

90% of women fake it at some point... but what in particular are you referring to?

If he was a planet it'd be at least 10.

Sei'taer
12-02-2011, 05:44 PM

You should come hang with me the one time a year I'm allowed to eat pickled eggs and drink beer. The moons wouldn't be able to make the orbit with the gas clouds hanging around.

Khoram
12-02-2011, 05:58 PM
You should come hang with me the one time a year I'm allowed to eat pickled eggs and drink beer. The moons wouldn't be able to make the orbit with the gas clouds hanging around.

But gas giants have large orbits - ergo, the moons would orbit, just further away. Unless there's a hole in the atmosphere, and gas is escaping out into space. Then you have a mighty big problem. :p

Sei'taer
12-02-2011, 06:16 PM
But gas giants have large orbits - ergo, the moons would orbit, just further away. Unless there's a hole in the atmosphere, and gas is escaping out into space. Then you have a mighty big problem. :p

I guess if I'm the planet, then that would be the exact problem.

Crispin's Crispian
12-02-2011, 06:44 PM

If you ask him nicely, he'll show you his moon. Hell...he'll do it whether you ask or not, so be careful.

90% of women fake it at some point...
And whose problem is that? :p It works out either way for us. LOL

confused at birth
12-02-2011, 07:04 PM
90% of women fake it at some point.

why?

Wouldnt it just be easier to smack him round the head and make him do it again until he got it right.

that worked for the guy teaching my basic wiring class. better a little pain now than burning someones house down.

do the job right first time or not at all

Khoram
12-02-2011, 11:08 PM
If you ask him nicely, he'll show you his moon. Hell...he'll do it whether you ask or not, so be careful.

:eek:

I'd rather not, thanks.

*shudder*

Zaela Sedai
12-03-2011, 12:08 AM
why?

Wouldnt it just be easier to smack him round the head and make him do it again until he got it right.

that worked for the guy teaching my basic wiring class. better a little pain now than burning someones house down.

do the job right first time or you don't get to try again

I don't know... I'm not one of the 90%, I'm in it for me...

I fixed your comment

You still didnt answer my question lol

GonzoTheGreat
12-03-2011, 05:08 AM
I don't know... I'm not one of the 99%, I'm in it for me...Fixed it for you. :p

Zaela Sedai
12-03-2011, 09:55 AM
I wish I was a 1%er....

confused at birth
12-03-2011, 03:17 PM
I fixed your comment

Maybe

But your way you still need to shower, change the sheets and take care of the problem yourself so why waste the time and money?

You still didnt answer my question lol

looking for question

ah ok

was a little drunk when i looked at the title of the thread and when i got to the last page it was already turning a bit rude, it made sense at the time.

Zaela Sedai
12-03-2011, 04:28 PM
lmfao

confused at birth
12-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Which means what exactly?

Googled it just got a crappy song

yks 6nnetu hing
12-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Which means what exactly?

Googled it just got a crappy song
ooh ooh! I know, I know!!! it's not often I get to do a lecture on the cool kids' abbreviations.

LOL - laughing out loud
LMAO - laughing my ass off
LMFAO - laughing my frakking ass off
ROFL - rolling on the floor laughing
then you've also got combinations such as ROFLMAO and ROFLOL and suchlike

then there's
TL;DR - too long; didn't read
TTYL - talk to you later
ESC - Entropy Sideline Couch
IRL - in real life

er and more but I'm excited I thought of these so now my brain's gone on an overload :D

confused at birth
12-03-2011, 05:29 PM
yks
:) thank you for the explain,
:mad: curse you for saying i am not cool

I only knew ESC and LOL

you may be right:eek:

:( Will now go sulk, Bob Marley and JD time :(

yks 6nnetu hing
12-03-2011, 05:50 PM
don't worry, I'm not one of the "cool kids", most of the time I'm about 3 years behind on all the slang

I just remembered more, in discussions you might see:

IIRC - if I recall correctly
IMO - in my opinion
IMHO - in my humble opinion
IMNSHO - in my not so humble opinion

confused at birth
12-03-2011, 05:57 PM
I just remembered more, in discussions you might see:

also

NSFW
STFU

yks 6nnetu hing
12-03-2011, 06:11 PM
also

NSFW
STFU

STFU - shut the frak up
NSFW - not safe for work (used mostly as a warning with links)

oh, and thre's also AFAIK - as far as I know

Zaela Sedai
12-03-2011, 06:15 PM
oh, and thre's also AFAIK - as far as I know

Ooh I didn't know that one...

I remembered the first time I "AFK'd" my boss, afterwards she'd always ping me if she needed to know an acronym meaning LOL

confused at birth
12-03-2011, 06:19 PM
DYAC is the best but for other reasons

Fridge auto Cucumber! to you all

Ishara
12-05-2011, 12:12 PM

Man - you're ALWAY gassy. LOL. Just part of your charm I guess...

Crispin's Crispian
12-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Ooh I didn't know that one...

I remembered the first time I "AFK'd" my boss, afterwards she'd always ping me if she needed to know an acronym meaning LOL

FWIW - for what it's worth ("stop, hey, what's that sound?")
IMO - in my opinion
IMHO - in my humble opinion
IMNSHO - in my not so humble opinion.

Plus y'all left out the most important one of all:

WTF?

Ishara
12-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Oooh - I use "honest" instead of humble...I guess I've had the saying wrong all these years! :o

GonzoTheGreat
12-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Oooh - I use "honest" instead of humble...I guess I've had the saying wrong all these years! :oVery humble of you to admit that.

yks 6nnetu hing
12-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Oooh - I use "honest" instead of humble...I guess I've had the saying wrong all these years! :o

aren't opinions always honest? that's why they're opinions rather than facts.

GonzoTheGreat
12-06-2011, 05:15 AM
aren't opinions always honest? that's why they're opinions rather than facts.Yeah, I'm sure no one ever uses sarcasm or something like that.

yks 6nnetu hing
12-06-2011, 05:18 AM
opinon =/= not word-for-word what you have written down. so your sarcastic remark may very well be exactly your opionion on the matter.

I know, language and human communication is miraculously amazing and wonderful!

GonzoTheGreat
12-06-2011, 05:27 AM
Point.

All right, then, how about the opinions of politicians?
I very strongly suspect that they often do not honestly hold those opinions, but merely have them because it is more convenient.

yks 6nnetu hing
12-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Point.

All right, then, how about the opinions of politicians?
I very strongly suspect that they often do not honestly hold those opinions, but merely have them because it is more convenient.

ah, but then, are they by definition their opinions or simply the things they say? Unless they specifically say: my opinion on this matter is *lie lie lie*, in which case technically it's not their opinion, it's a lie.

Zaela Sedai
12-06-2011, 07:28 AM
ah, but then, are they by definition their opinions or simply the things they say? Unless they specifically say: my opinion on this matter is *lie lie lie*, in which case technically it's not their opinion, it's a lie.

*ZING*

Gah - I can't rep you , or I would like 5 times

yks 6nnetu hing
12-06-2011, 08:28 AM
*ZING*

*grin* I have my moments

Davian93
12-06-2011, 08:43 AM
*ZING*

Giggity.

pops taer
12-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Only that I've been hanging around this bunch since around January, 2003. Not a one has changed. All totally nuts and totally loving!!

The zingers never stop. The political arguments never change a mind. etc., etc., etc.

And yet we all stick together. What a crew you all are!!!

Oh and "YOU ARE ALL TOTALLY NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Yes I shouted it to the top of the world.:D

Khoram
12-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Only that I've been hanging around this bunch since around January, 2003. Not a one has changed. All totally nuts and totally loving!!

The zingers never stop. The political arguments never change a mind. etc., etc., etc.

And yet we all stick together. What a crew you all are!!!

Oh and "YOU ARE ALL TOTALLY NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Yes I shouted it to the top of the world.:D

We aim to please. :D

DaiShan1981
12-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Love you too, Pops :)
Too bad it looks like you won't make it to the con.

Gilshalos Sedai
12-07-2011, 11:20 AM
We aim to please. :D

Sometimes, we just aim.

Khoram
12-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Sometimes, we just aim.

More often than not completely misfiring. ;)

50 pts for hitting the outside of the target.

100 pts for running over those kids!