PDA

View Full Version : Another idea for part of the ending

Skyye
11-23-2011, 05:26 PM
I have been reading here for a long time, and tossing around an idea, I just have to post it to see what everyone thinks. Please be gentle. Not sure where to post this so I am just putting it here.
Regarding the prophecy " Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed. Once for mourning once for birth. Red on Black, the Dragon's blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul. In the Pit of Doom shall his blood free men from the Shadow"

In regards to the first line.. We all know traveling can indeed make the day dawn twice.
" Once for mourning" -- someone he knows and loves is killed and he sheds his blood defending or avenging them ? " Once for birth" well who do we all know that is having his babies and her city has just been invaded and besieged ?

"Red on Black" hmmm who do we know that LOVES red and black combos ?? The next line is the one that toys with me the most. " The Dragon's blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul"-- The Dragon's blood... interesting to me that everyone assumes it means his blood in the literal sense of the word.
Isn't another definition of "blood" family or close Kin? Isn't Galad of Rands' kin, or blood?( son of Taringail, Rands mother ) Galad is certainly a take off ( or re-spun out of the wheel) of Galahad. Per definition, Galahad was the purest and truest of the knights. The only one able to complete the quest for the grail due to his purity. It would make sense to me that someone " who always does the right thing no matter who it hurts " would be called upon to shed his blood at Shayol Ghul. Who else is Rand's blood? It couldnt be Luc who is his Uncle.. An Aiel relative ? Perhaps...but I really think the term blood is being used in a deceptive way in the prophecy. Please let me know what you think.

Terez
11-23-2011, 07:42 PM
"Red on Black" hmmm who do we know that LOVES red and black combos ?? The next line is the one that toys with me the most. " The Dragon's blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul"-- The Dragon's blood... interesting to me that everyone assumes it means his blood in the literal sense of the word. Do we (https://docs.google.com/View?docID=dcjspjqg_988dx3mgj4k&revision=_latest#Blood_on_the_rocks)?

eht slat meit
11-23-2011, 08:14 PM
"Red on Black" hmmm who do we know that LOVES red and black combos ?? The next line is the one that toys with me the most. " The Dragon's blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul"-- The Dragon's blood... interesting to me that everyone assumes it means his blood in the literal sense of the word.

My thinking leans toward that blood being blood specific to the Dragon, that is the essence of Light. He who is dead, yet lives, is simply another incarnation of the Fisher King, the Dragon, and the Dragon Reborn... all the same man, yet very different incarnations of that man.

The Dragon is dead, yet Rand still lives.

greatwolf
11-23-2011, 09:14 PM
My thinking leans toward that blood being blood specific to the Dragon, that is the essence of Light. He who is dead, yet lives, is simply another incarnation of the Fisher King, the Dragon, and the Dragon Reborn... all the same man, yet very different incarnations of that man.

The Dragon is dead, yet Rand still lives.

hmm. What happens to "the dragon is one with the land" when Rand dies and resurrects. Maybe that accounts for the day's rebirth thingy. The whole Dragon/Land thing isn't OP related and doesn't have to be explained.

Anyone can be resurrected in the way of Birgitte or transmigration as long as the soul can be found and returned to the physical world. A stroll in the tea park for our heroes. Just get Mat to blow the horn when Rand dies and...

Figure it out:p

eht slat meit
11-23-2011, 09:26 PM
hmm. What happens to "the dragon is one with the land" when Rand dies and resurrects. Maybe that accounts for the day's rebirth thingy. The whole Dragon/Land thing isn't OP related and doesn't have to be explained.

My theory on the matter is that the Light of the Dragon does what is natural when it bleeds out of Rand... becomes one with the land. That land is the rocks of Shayol Ghul, and what happens next is a matter of multiple prophecies, trees and green things grow there, cleansed of the shadow's stain.

As far as getting that point? I'd say a massive OP burn out that transitions him from his Fisher King incarnation to his Broken Champion incarnation and leaves him with but one hand to defend himself against a similarly burnt out Moridin.

As far as the twice dawning day, I'd call it metaphor. First for the mourning of the Dragon's passage, twice for the rebirth of the land.

GonzoTheGreat
11-24-2011, 04:07 AM
The following Dark Prophecy (from the end of ToM) is probably relevant here too:
And the Lord of the Evening shall face the Broken Champion, and shall spill his blood and bring us the Darkness so beautiful.Suggests that Moridin will get to kill Rand, finally.

Skyye
11-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Good Point Gonzo, but we still don't really know who the "broken champion" is. It makes most sense that it is Rand, but there are a few others that can fill the bill too. Again, for me, Galad comes to mind. He is in all sense of the word a Champion. Will he be broken in some other battle? I do not doubt that Rand will have to face Moridin, but I like the idea "blood of the dragon" meaning more than it appears.
Thank you for your feedback. :)

Fin
12-11-2011, 02:12 PM
also How does Mordith/Fain play into it???? because hes evil but not of the DO either.