PDA

View Full Version : Hulk Hogan gets screwed in divorce settlement.

Rand al'Fain
11-23-2011, 08:12 PM
http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-tv/hulk-hogan-divorce-details-public-210908388.html

Guy earns all his money, and then his cheating wife (slept with their daughter's classmate) gets most of his money. Can you say "Gold digger?"

Bryan Blaire
11-23-2011, 08:44 PM
So, you're saying that his ex "checked his oil"?

Rand al'Fain
11-23-2011, 11:47 PM
So, you're saying that his ex "checked his oil"?

And made off with all 4 wheels.

Mort
11-24-2011, 05:08 AM
I never understood the whole alimony thing. Don't have that over here. "Lucky" for Hogan he didn't need to pay any.

Sarevok
11-24-2011, 08:30 AM
I never understood the whole alimony thing. Don't have that over here. "Lucky" for Hogan he didn't need to pay any.

(emphasis mine) I highly doubt that it doesn't exist over there. In short, it means that after a divorce, the spouse that doesn't house the children, yet has plenty of money, has to pay some part of that to support the kids. Makes perfect sense if that spouse left the other one to fend for themselves and the kids, but sometimes gets abused to get even more money out of a divorce.
Here's a swedish wiki about it. (http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underh%C3%A5llsbidrag)

Ivhon
11-24-2011, 09:47 AM
(emphasis mine) I highly doubt that it doesn't exist over there. In short, it means that after a divorce, the spouse that doesn't house the children, yet has plenty of money, has to pay some part of that to support the kids. Makes perfect sense if that spouse left the other one to fend for themselves and the kids, but sometimes gets abused to get even more money out of a divorce.
Here's a swedish wiki about it. (http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underh%C3%A5llsbidrag)

Thats actually child support.

Alimony is one partner having to pay the other partner after a divorce regardless of kids. For normal people, alimony seems to be on its way out. But when there is a huge income discrepancy, the "poorer" partner will frequently - as in this case - get alimony so that they can "maintain the lifestyle they are accustomed to." In many states the alimony laws are purely based on finances - not infidelity, abuse, etc. So it doesn't matter if that bitch is a lying cheating jailbaiting whore - if she makes less than 40% of the joint income, she's gettin' alimony. EDIT: And if they have kids, she's gettin' child support on top of it.

Stupid Hulk for not having a pre-nup

Zombie Sammael
11-24-2011, 03:55 PM

What do you expect from a guy who calls himself "Hulk"?

Mort
11-24-2011, 07:01 PM

Thats actually child support.

Alimony is one partner having to pay the other partner after a divorce regardless of kids. For normal people, alimony seems to be on its way out. But when there is a huge income discrepancy, the "poorer" partner will frequently - as in this case - get alimony so that they can "maintain the lifestyle they are accustomed to." In many states the alimony laws are purely based on finances - not infidelity, abuse, etc. So it doesn't matter if that bitch is a lying cheating jailbaiting whore - if she makes less than 40% of the joint income, she's gettin' alimony. EDIT: And if they have kids, she's gettin' child support on top of it.

Yeah we have child support, rather small sum just to have the kid(s) clothed and fed.

Res_Ipsa
11-25-2011, 03:17 AM
He might have done ok depending on how marketable the "Hulk" brand is. ( I have no clue, is it? Any wrestling fans who will admit it?) So if he gave her a huge up front % so she would have no back end and assuming he can still generate a decent amt of money, not so bad. They were talking about this in the line at Best Buy and mentioned that she gave up all her rights to his business interests but that could be wrong too.

Rand al'Fain
11-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Hulk Hogan is still a big name, and voice acted in Saints Row the Third as Angel De La Muerte.

tworiverswoman
11-26-2011, 01:16 AM
OK, a couple of comments. I will start by saying that Hogan is getting seriously reamed by this settlement, just to be clear.

But they were married for over 25 years. That kinda rules out the whole "gold digger" crap. A gold digger is (generally speaking) a young (20's ish) woman marrying a (usually) older man for his money. That's not in the slightest way the case here. And, given the length the marriage lasted, even a pre-nup would have long since expired - they aren't usually good over a long term.

So I'll agree that, based on the extremely FEW sites I could find that even MENTIONED the reasons for the original split, she's not the pure, unstained victim her lawyer tries to make her out to be. When Hogan said publicly that he "totally 'got' OJ now," (what a dumb-ass thing to say in a televised interview) her lawyer made comments about how she's been "living in fear" for years. I call BS on that one, too.

But sweet jesus, she made a serious haul out of this... "Community Property" isn't even CLOSE to how he got taken to the cleaners.

GonzoTheGreat
11-26-2011, 04:14 AM
Makes one wonder a bit how awesome a wrestler she would've been, doesn't it?