PDA

View Full Version : The Eye of the World RPG adventure

Oden
12-01-2011, 05:23 AM
I've been playing RPGs with three friends for some time and got to thinking that since none of them reads books, I can use the story from the series when I'm the game master.
tEotW has a good story, IMO, and I'm trying to keep it, the story, while still making it easy for the players to understand what's going on.

I started with giving them choices of characters to play. Egwene, Nynaeve, Rand, Perrin or Mat. They chose Egwene, Rand and Mat. Now my problem is that it's hard to know what Egwene is allowed to do (and should she be separated from the other two after Aridhol?) and how Mat is affected by the dagger. The ta'veren's Ba'alzamon nightmares are a little tricky too.
I don't want to steer them to much, but I still want them to stay in character. I have prepared some character traits on the sheets and I'm thinking how much more I'm to decide without the players.

You have to know that we aren't using any standard sheets or rules. We tried EON, DoD and DnD before deciding on special rules to each new adventure.
Our standard abilities are (trying to translate to english):
又trenght
匕liability/Agility (control over ones body)
刀ind (Strenght of)
儿ntelligens
七harisma
Often we also include:
又ight
人earing
上isdom
了itness/Endurance (how long until physical exhaustion)

Then comes the skills. We have no standard skills. I will give them fighting skills depending on which weapons they choose to use. I'm having trouble with the rest. We usually have 3 or 4 each, only the significant ones. I'm thinking 'Nursing' for Egwene and 'The Void' for Rand. Maybe 'Winning smile' for Mat. Do you have more suggestions?

So far I have written in their height, hairdo, eye colour, an ugly-beauty scale, a short background, morals and ethics, family, Abilities: Strenght, Agility, Hearing, Smell, Sight, Mind, Balance (thought I could try it out) and Intelligence.

I'm thinking of including knowledges like geography, different cultures, technology, history, plants, animals, shadowspawn. I might divide animals and plants into groups like 'domestic' and 'wild'. Any ideas for more?

Please reply anything!

Sarevok
12-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Save yourself some trouble, and try to get your hands on this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time_Roleplaying_Game

Oden
12-01-2011, 07:50 AM
The rules for that game is like the ones for DnD, right? DnD has a bunch of unnecessary things on the character sheets and they are only confusing if you're not following the rules. We have simple rules that does not require much effort.

If there are good adventures from there for non-channelers, I am interested.
This computer can't handle zip files, the my other computer doesn't have an internet connection. Because of that, it's complicatted to download most things. That's the reason I have not checked out the Wizards of the Coast's WoT RPG.

WinespringBrother
12-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Wizards also released a WOT module which may serve your purposes, at least as an inspiration.

http://www.amazon.com/Wheel-Time-Prophecies-Dragon/dp/0786926643/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322753402&sr=8-3

Oden
12-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Thank you! I might be using this for another adventure, when my friends understands the world a little.

I did not know that you could preview books like that. It's really helpful in this case :)

Tomp
07-30-2013, 04:30 AM
I think this system (http://www.evilhat.com/home/fate-core/)would be a good fit for a WoT game. It's a generic rule system, the same system that's in the Dresden Files game.