PDA

View Full Version : Let's do a quiz.

Sei'taer
12-02-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm tired of all the political threads. This is a little bit of everything type quiz. If you didn't know I was a nerd before, you'll know now. At least I'm an all encompassing nerd. Please don't google...that'd be cheating. (Actually, I'm not sure that some of these can be found on google.)

1. Who was the mechanic/tow truck driver in The Dukes of Hazzard? Way to go, SDog!

2. What was the unit number for the garbage masher Luke, Han, Leia and Chewie were trapped in?

3. What did Roddenberry originally name the Starship Enterprise?

4. In Star Wars, The Empire uses TIE fighters. What does the acronym TIE stand for? Zae. It was invented by the guy that actually built the model for the fighter. I can't remember his name though
5. Which Star Trek actor was missing his right middle finger?
Doohan is correct! Legend says that he lost it in WW2. Don't know if that's true or not. When shooting the scenes where they had to show his hands, they used a stand in for the shot.

6. In Firefly, what kind of man is Mal? (incidentally, this is in my top five favorite lines from Firefly) Gil, Firefly nerd
7. What class space station is Babylon 5?

8. In the mines of Moria, the Orc screams were actually what animal? Zae got it. They are actually the nocturnal mating calls of opossums souped up on a 'puter.
9. What was the highest grossing football film of all time, before being beaten by The Blind Side?

10. RJ, from Swamp People, is a four time US champion in what?

Crispin's Crispian
12-02-2011, 11:08 AM
1. Who was the mechanic/tow truck driver in The Dukes of Hazzard?

Cooter!

2. What was the unit number for the garbage masher Luke, Han, Leia and Chewie were trapped in?

aaaargh...my son would know this one, but I can't remember it right now.

4. In Star Wars, The Empire uses TIE fighters. What does the acronym TIE stand for?

again...my son would know. I'll find out tonight.

James Doohan?

9. What was the highest grossing football film of all time, before being beaten by The Blind Side?

The Longest Yard. (just a guess)

Zaela Sedai
12-02-2011, 11:11 AM
4. In Star Wars, The Empire uses TIE fighters. What does the acronym TIE stand for?
Twin Ion Engines (OH YEAH BABY)

8. In the mines of Moria, the Orc screams were actually what animal?
Opossums

Rudy?

Thats all i know....or maybe know off the top of my head

SauceyBlueConfetti
12-02-2011, 11:30 AM
6. In Firefly, what kind of man is Mal? (incidentally, this is in my top five favorite lines from Firefly)

HOT

and naughty

Sarevok
12-02-2011, 11:40 AM

James Doohan

Sei'taer
12-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Sorry, SBC, that's not even close.

The Longest Yard and Rudy are also incorrect for #9.

frenchie
12-02-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm thinking that the Mal quote is that he's a good man. From his line, "They say mercy is the mark of a great man.(Stabs the opponent) I guess I'm just a good man".

Zaela Sedai
12-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Bro - That blue is painful to read on the grey

confused at birth
12-02-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm thinking that the Mal quote is that he's a good man. From his line, "They say mercy is the mark of a great man.(Stabs the opponent) I guess I'm just a good man".

yes but he stabbed him again didnt he?

so he isnt that good just not bad

DaiShan1981
12-02-2011, 02:00 PM
'Taer, man, you ARE a nerd... Some of those I felt I should know but I'm just drawing blanks here. I feel unworthy of Theoryland now...

Gilshalos Sedai
12-02-2011, 02:21 PM
2. What was the unit number for the garbage masher Luke, Han, Leia and Chewie were trapped in? 118-3817

3. What did Roddenberry originally name the Starship Enterprise? Constitution.

4. In Star Wars, The Empire uses TIE fighters. What does the acronym TIE stand for? Ion Engine. I can't remember what the "T" stands for.

6. In Firefly, what kind of man is Mal? (incidentally, this is in my top five favorite lines from Firefly) He's just all right.

SauceyBlueConfetti
12-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Sorry, SBC, that's not even close.

The Longest Yard and Rudy are also incorrect for #9.

the hot part is just me. but he DOES call himself a naughty man in one episode. guess I have to re-watch them all to find it :D

SauceyBlueConfetti
12-02-2011, 02:59 PM
the hot part is just me. but he DOES call himself a naughty man in one episode. guess I have to re-watch them all to find it :D

HA! I love IMDB:

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge. Don't push me, and I won't push you. Dong le ma?

Sei'taer
12-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Bro - That blue is painful to read on the grey

Better?

Sei'taer
12-02-2011, 03:04 PM
HA! I love IMDB:

Gil got it. The actual quote is:

"Mercy is the mark of a great man. {STAB} I guess I'm just a good man. {STAB} Meh, I'm alright."

confused at birth
12-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Gil got it.

because you made it to easy, everyonegot it line they just couldnt remember the words he used

Gilshalos Sedai
12-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Uh, no. I got it because I have most of Firefly and Serenity's lines memorized.

And dammit, I got the numbers to the Star Wars thing mixed up with Princess Leia's cell.

Zaela Sedai
12-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Better?

Much

Zanguini
12-02-2011, 05:11 PM
The enterprise was originally called yorktown coincidentally the WWII Enterprise's sister ship

Football movie is Jerry Maguire or possibly Any given sunday.

Sei'taer
12-02-2011, 05:14 PM
The enterprise was originally called yorktown coincidentally the WWII Enterprise's sister ship

Football movie is Jerry Maguire or possibly Any given sunday.

Yorktown is correct. The other is incorrect on both guesses.

Crispin's Crispian
12-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Yorktown is correct. The other is incorrect on both guesses.

We're running out of football movies.

Remember the Titans.
The Absent-Minded Professor (heh)

10. RJ, from Swamp People, is a four time US champion in what?
Skeet shooting.

Sei'taer
12-02-2011, 06:30 PM
We're running out of football movies.

Remember the Titans.
The Absent-Minded Professor (heh)

Skeet shooting.

You're all around it. The only reason I know is because they mentioned it on some show the other day when they were talking about the blind side.

Davian93
12-02-2011, 06:45 PM
You're all around it. The only reason I know is because they mentioned it on some show the other day when they were talking about the blind side.

Heaven Can Wait?

Sei'taer
12-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Heaven Can Wait?

Negative, but that's a terrible guess.

Davian93
12-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Negative, but that's a terrible guess.

Its a classic...Warren Beatty, dude.

Its also correct.

Zaela Sedai
12-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Wait a sec.....

Waterboy....Waaaaater Booooooooooooooy!

If that is it I may slap myself

Davian93
12-02-2011, 06:58 PM
http://cogerson.hubpages.com/hub/Football-Movies-Best-to-Worst-With-Inflated-Box-Office-GrossesResults

Zaela Sedai
12-02-2011, 07:38 PM
http://voices.yahoo.com/top-five-all-time-grossing-football-movies-comedy-7742614.html

not counting inflation

Sei'taer
12-02-2011, 07:48 PM
http://voices.yahoo.com/top-five-all-time-grossing-football-movies-comedy-7742614.html

not counting inflation

Y'all cheated and we're not counting inflation.

A Taer quiz never takes inflation into account.

Zaela Sedai
12-02-2011, 08:07 PM
I didnt cheat! I didn't look til Dav told me I was wrong!

DahLliA
12-05-2011, 10:11 AM
What class space station is Babylon 5?

not sure what you're after. but it's an O'Neill cylinder/island three if it's the building design you're after.

and of course. it's our last, best hope for peace. that failed and turned into our last, best hope for victory

Sei'taer
12-06-2011, 10:24 AM
1. Who was the mechanic/tow truck driver in The Dukes of Hazzard? Way to go, SDog!

2. What was the unit number for the garbage masher Luke, Han, Leia and Chewie were trapped in? The answer is Unit #3263827

3. What did Roddenberry originally name the Starship Enterprise? Zan gets the point, It's Yorktown

4. In Star Wars, The Empire uses TIE fighters. What does the acronym TIE stand for? Zae. It was invented by the guy that actually built the model for the fighter. I can't remember his name though

Doohan is correct! Legend says that he lost it in WW2. Don't know if that's true or not. When shooting the scenes where they had to show his hands, they used a stand in for the shot.

6. In Firefly, what kind of man is Mal? (incidentally, this is in my top five favorite lines from Firefly) Gil, Firefly nerd

7. What class space station is Babylon 5? Dahlia. I didn't know what else to call it other than a space station class. I'm just going with it as a layman name. It is an O'neil class though.

8. In the mines of Moria, the Orc screams were actually what animal? Zae got it. They are actually the nocturnal mating calls of opossums souped up on a 'puter.

9. What was the highest grossing football film of all time, before being beaten by The Blind Side? Zae get's it. I guess we'll say she didn't cheat.

10. RJ, from Swamp People, is a four time US champion in what? He's an arm wrestling champion.

Zaela Sedai
12-06-2011, 07:33 PM
I DIDN'T Cheat!

Sei'taer
12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
I DIDN'T Cheat!

That's what I said, we'll all pretend that you didn't cheat.

Zaela Sedai
12-07-2011, 10:07 AM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Gilshalos Sedai
12-07-2011, 10:18 AM
TWIN ION ENGINE! Dammit, Zae. I kept missing your answer.

Shit, that's been bothering me.