PDA

View Full Version : KHAAAAAAAAAANN!!!!!

Sinistrum
12-06-2011, 12:19 PM
http://blastr.com/2011/12/khan-is-in-but-benicio-de.php

Sei'taer
12-06-2011, 12:50 PM
I must say, I'm glad Del Toro is out. I don't think he'd make a good Kahn. I'm thinking more of a Javier Bardem type Khan.

I guess it depends on if they are going for a younger Khan or an older Khan.

SauceyBlueConfetti
12-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Benecio Del Toro puzzles me as I see ZERO appeal as an actor.

1. He looks dirty
2. He sounds like he has marbles in his mouth
3. He cannot act

So yeah, who cares? Interested to see who they pick though. Iconic role to say the least

Davian93
12-06-2011, 01:45 PM
How about...PICK A NEW STORY TO USE instead of destroying an iconic character like Khan.

He tasks me...He tasks me and I shall have him!

Davian93
12-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Benecio Del Toro puzzles me as I see ZERO appeal as an actor.

1. He looks dirty
2. He sounds like he has marbles in his mouth
3. He cannot act

So yeah, who cares? Interested to see who they pick though. Iconic role to say the least

He'll flip ya...

Zombie Sammael
12-06-2011, 01:53 PM
How about...PICK A NEW STORY TO USE instead of destroying an iconic character like Khan.

He tasks me...He tasks me and I shall have him!

Really, Dav? You haven't seen or heard anything about the film yet other than this and you're already dismissing it as going to "destroy" the villain. Sorry to say but you're behaving like a spoiled comic book fan.

Davian93
12-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Really, Dav? You haven't seen or heard anything about the film yet other than this and you're already dismissing it as going to "destroy" the villain. Sorry to say but you're behaving like a spoiled comic book fan.

You can't recast Ricardo Montalban. It simply cannot be done. He was perfect as Khan...nobody can come close to him on that.

THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE!!!

Zombie Sammael
12-06-2011, 01:59 PM
You can't recast Ricardo Montalban. It simply cannot be done. He was perfect as Khan...nobody can come close to him on that.

THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE!!!

I dunno, he looks a little bit like David Bowie in Labyrinth to me.

They should definitely cast Bowie as Khan.

Crispin's Crispian
12-06-2011, 06:09 PM
I dunno, he looks a little bit like David Bowie in Labyrinth to me.

They should definitely cast Bowie as Khan.

Just...no tights.

And why not have Jennifer Connelly play...um...anybody?

Davian93
12-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Just...no tights.

And why not have Jennifer Connelly play...um...anybody?

Mmm...Jennifer Connelly.

She's 41 and still ridiculously hot.

Khoram
12-06-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't know how I feel about this.

I must say that, unfortunately, when I first saw Wrath of Khan at the ripe age of 2, it was my least favourite of the movies - my favourite was the Voyage Home.

However, watching it again and again as I got older, I began to have a greater appreciation for II and Ricardo Montalban. So I don't know how to react to Khan coming back. I'm interested in seeing their portrayal of him, but I'm also hesitant to want this because you can't beat Montalban (or his pecks - seriously, what's his secret to the manliest of pecks? I need to know! Please!!).

So... yeah... I don't know what to make of this news. :/

Ivhon
12-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Mmm...Jennifer Connelly.

http://adaptiveblue.img.s3.amazonaws.com/topics/p/homer_simpson/small

Sinistrum
12-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Everytime someone posts the name "Ricardo Montalbon" I think of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oN7X9z6Cc4

Basel Gill
12-06-2011, 09:19 PM
From hell's heart I stab at Thee! For hates sake, I spit my last breath...at Thee!

Davian93
12-07-2011, 09:12 AM
what's his secret to the manliest of pecks? I need to know! Please!!).

Rich Corinthian Leather

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oUjmZeacI3I/TDfixdWDj8I/AAAAAAAADPE/QmwP0b6c-0U/s1600/800_1976chryslercordobasportcoupe.jpg

Gilshalos Sedai
12-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Well, the article's right, it would have to be the younger Kahn. Their first encounter, so to speak.

Let's hope Alternate Universe Kirk doesn't screw it up as badly as Original Universe Kirk did.

Davian93
12-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Well, the article's right, it would have to be the younger Kahn. Their first encounter, so to speak.

Let's hope Alternate Universe Kirk doesn't screw it up as badly as Original Universe Kirk did.

"Hey Mr. World Dictator/Mass Murderer, since you're bored, here's some blueprints of our battleship to review along with instructions on how to hack our computer system. Also, this hot nurse with questionable loyalty and an obvious romantic crush on you will be available to assist with any personal needs."

Note: technically she wasnt a nurse but rather a 20th century history expert but that's not the point.

Gilshalos Sedai
12-07-2011, 10:35 AM
"Hey Mr. World Dictator/Mass Murderer, since you're bored, here's some blueprints of our battleship to review along with instructions on how to hack our computer system. Also, this hot nurse with questionable loyalty and an obvious romantic crush on you will be available to assist with any personal needs."

Note: technically she wasnt a nurse but rather a 20th century history expert but that's not the point.

"Oh, and when your obvious and inevitable betrayal does happen, we'll dump your ass on a plush planet without scanning the surrounding solar system to check for incoming celestial bodies on a collision course. Because we're cool like that."

Davian93
12-07-2011, 10:42 AM
"Oh, and when your obvious and inevitable betrayal does happen, we'll dump your ass on a plush planet without scanning the surrounding solar system to check for incoming celestial bodies on a collision course. Because we're cool like that."

My question is this...did Kirk just bury the entire incident or did he file a formal report about how the crazed Augment almost got away with overthrowing him and taking the Enterprise. If he did file a report, how was that report not available for StarFleet when they were deciding on which system to test the Genesis device? When they pulled up Ceti Alpha 6 as a viable test site, nobody saw a report in there from Kirk saying "BTW, I marooned a bunch of crazy Augments on the other habitable planet in that star system...just a heads up". Also, were their sensors so bad as to not notice an entire planet missing in the system? This leads me to believe that Kirk whitewashed the whole thing and never mentioned to Star Fleet that he did indeed maroon them there without any sort of real trial/rule of law. Thus, Kirk kinda deserved what he got in Wrath of Khan and he probably should have been court marshalled for it as it lead to the deaths of a bunch of Star Fleet officers 15 years later including the captain of the Reliant.

Gilshalos Sedai
12-07-2011, 10:46 AM
My question is this...did Kirk just bury the entire incident or did he file a formal report about how the crazed Augment almost got away with overthrowing him and taking the Enterprise. If he did file a report, how was that report not available for StarFleet when they were deciding on which system to test the Genesis device? When they pulled up Ceti Alpha 6 as a viable test site, nobody saw a report in there from Kirk saying "BTW, I marooned a bunch of crazy Augments on the other habitable planet in that star system...just a heads up". Also, were their sensors so bad as to not notice an entire planet missing in the system? This leads me to believe that Kirk whitewashed the whole thing and never mentioned to Star Fleet that he did indeed maroon them there without any sort of real trial/rule of law. Thus, Kirk kinda deserved what he got in Wrath of Khan and he probably should have been court marshalled for it as it lead to the deaths of a bunch of Star Fleet officers 15 years later including the captain of the Reliant.

Starfleet's golden boy my ass. LOL

Yes, Kirk screwed up by the numbers with Kahn.

Davian93
12-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Starfleet's golden boy my ass. LOL

Yes, Kirk screwed up by the numbers with Kahn.

Hell, the Klingons considered him a War Criminal. He's lucky he didnt travel outside the Federation very often...he very well could have been arrested and tried for those crimes.

SauceyBlueConfetti
12-07-2011, 10:57 AM
NERDS
:D

Davian93
12-07-2011, 11:07 AM
NERDS
:D

This is serious stuff! :p

Gilshalos Sedai
12-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah, who the hell cares about real world politics! Kirk should be tried for war crimes!

Davian93
12-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah, who the hell cares about real world politics! Kirk should be tried for war crimes!

He honestly wasn't a very good Captain. Think about how many men died under his command. You'd think he'd stop going on so many away missions with all the security guys he lost.

He lost 13.7% of his crew on that first 5 year mission with 59 deaths out of a crew of 430. These were missions of exploration, not combat for the most part.

Gotta wonder about his decision making abilities there.

Gilshalos Sedai
12-07-2011, 11:29 AM
He honestly wasn't a very good Captain. Think about how many men died under his command. You'd think he'd stop going on so many away missions with all the security guys he lost.

He lost 13.7% of his crew on that first 5 year mission with 59 deaths out of a crew of 430. These were missions of exploration, not combat for the most part.

Gotta wonder about his decision making abilities there.

He also regularly fraternized with women under his command, played favorites among his crew, was insubordinate to his superiors, made a hash of every single diplomatic mission.... I really don't get how people can LOVE him, but hate Janeway when she was practically his disciple.

And this was supposed to be Starfleet's Golden Boy? Alternate Universe Kirk I can see being this big a screw up because it's already established, but Kirk Prime? No way.

Davian93
12-07-2011, 11:35 AM
He also regularly fraternized with women under his command, played favorites among his crew, was insubordinate to his superiors, made a hash of every single diplomatic mission.... I really don't get how people can LOVE him, but hate Janeway when she was practically his disciple.

And this was supposed to be Starfleet's Golden Boy? Alternate Universe Kirk I can see being this big a screw up because it's already established, but Kirk Prime? No way.

Janeway was just part of the overall royal suckitude that was Voyager. I gave Voyager a shot, I really wanted to like it but it was brutal from top to bottom. None of the characters are even remotely interesting. Seriously Janeway, you're gonna make your entire crew take a 70 year journey over violating the Prime Directive? Yeah, lets please promote her to Admiral...okay. Also, where the hell did they keep getting shuttlecraft from? I had no idea that Intrepid-class starships carried 4,040 shuttlecraft (I think the actual number was 17 destroyed). They honestly didnt look that big. The episode that ended it for me was the one where Parris and Janeway turn into frogs or some crap like that. Done, Fin!

Even 36D of 9 couldn't save it at that point.

Crispin's Crispian
12-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Well for every crew member death, he probably fathered at least an equal amount of children with alien females. On balance he did the universe a favor, right?

You have to wonder if it was hard for the Enterprise to recruit new cadets. Surely the high redshirt death rate made Kirk unpopular.

SauceyBlueConfetti
12-07-2011, 11:49 AM
I remember the frog episode. Yeah, that was a bit...too much.

I still prefer Voyager over the reality crap on tv now. I liked Kess.

And come on...SEVEN of NINE. Don't even try to tell me your eyes didn't bug out every time you saw her.

Kirk was rogue. That was his whole thing, his legend. Rule breaker, selfish, horny and barrel chested. Who cares how many rookies bit it?

Davian93
12-07-2011, 11:54 AM
I remember the frog episode. Yeah, that was a bit...too much.

I still prefer Voyager over the reality crap on tv now. I liked Kess.

And come on...SEVEN of NINE. Don't even try to tell me your eyes didn't bug out every time you saw her.

Kirk was rogue. That was his whole thing, his legend. Rule breaker, selfish, horny and barrel chested. Who cares how many rookies bit it?

Well...something bugged out but it wasn't my eyes...if you catch my drift. I just thought it was a shameless ploy to attract viewership to a show with terrible, terrible writing.

And I watched almost all 7 seasons of it. I'm rewatching DS9 on Netflix right now and I'm amazed at how good that show still is. It really holds up after 10 years...while TNG looks incredibly dated/cheesy and Voyager was bad at the time. I also thought Enterprise was underrated.

Sinistrum
12-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Aw cmon how could you not like Voyager with this walking around?

http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/events/Wolves/10/7of9.jpg

Also this discussion has reminded me of this big time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bBD5yyT-s0

Davian93
12-07-2011, 06:19 PM
As nice as that is, you can only watch so much Star Trek with the sound off.

Besides which, she's nice but no Terry Farrell.

Sinistrum
12-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Well sure, who doesn't like spots. Especially when they're doing this.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/7/75/Lenara_Kahn_and_Jadzia_Dax_kiss.jpg

Davian93
12-07-2011, 06:41 PM
http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2011/4/30/14/this-guy-jizzed-in-his-pants-22784-1304189076-15.jpg

Sinistrum
12-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Do you need a tissue Dav?

Ivhon
12-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Do you need a tissue Dav?

More like a clean up on Aisle 3...

Sinistrum
12-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Possible update on the original topic.

http://blastr.com/2011/12/rumor-of-the-day-abrams-h.php