PDA

View Full Version : Slow night...

Khoram
12-12-2011, 09:46 PM
So, it seems that it's a little slow tonight in the wonderful world of Theoryland, which got me to thinking...

What do you guys do on a slow night such as this (or yesterday, or tomorrow, depending on when you read this :D), when there isn't much to do, and there aren't any flame wars going on at TL; or all you HAVE to do is study for an exam that's worth 50% of your total mark for a class you feel confident in, and can't force yourself to study a lot for no matter what?

I wish I could say that I sit in an armchair, by a roaring fire in my fireplace, reading a good book all the while drinking a nice Scotch/Brandy/Cognac/anything classy or smoking a cigar/pipe, and just relaxing, but I can't. :( For one thing, I don't have any pipe tobacco on me; for another, I don't have a fireplace to place said roaring fire in. :/

Davian93
12-12-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm sitting on my couch, relaxing, tending to my new heating stove occasionally while watching Christmas Vacation.

Since I got off work at 4:30pm:

Went grocery shopping
Put groceries away
Tended to chickens and dogs
Made dinner
Did dishes
Prepped coffee maker
Made tomorrow's lunch

Now its just wind down time till bedtime in another 30-40 min.

Though I did manage to get 2 rounds of Risk in for our ongoing game.

ShadowbaneX
12-12-2011, 10:18 PM
I've been somewhat obsessing over the reveal of the Mesmer class in Guild Wars 2 instead of studying for my Codes & Standards exam tomorrow at 2 pm...it's not my fault the class is as boring as it sounds and I've been waiting for news of the Mesmer since they started revealing classes since April 20th OF LAST YEAR.

That and my back has started bugging me again which is not conducive to, well, anything. Usually it's projects or games or something...mostly that first one this past year.

Khoram
12-12-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm sitting on my couch, relaxing, tending to my new heating stove occasionally while watching Christmas Vacation.

Since I got off work at 4:30pm:

Went grocery shopping
Put groceries away
Tended to chickens and dogs
Made dinner
Did dishes
Prepped coffee maker
Made tomorrow's lunch

Now its just wind down time till bedtime in another 30-40 min.

Though I did manage to get 2 rounds of Risk in for our ongoing game.

:eek:

*does not compute!*

And those two rounds were hellish... for me. :rolleyes: I think I'm about to get really close to Zan over the next couple of turns. ;)

Davian93
12-12-2011, 10:35 PM

*does not compute!*

And those two rounds were hellish... for me. :rolleyes: I think I'm about to get really close to Zan over the next couple of turns. ;)

Which part?

Yeah, I think Zan really likes you...must be why he keeps coming after you.

Sei'taer
12-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Which part?

I took my son to the doctor, made dinner, did some laundry, played and couple of rounds of Warlight (looks like I'm fixing to get in on the fight, we'll see how long I last all alone), strained my brain on a Henry V quote, and now I'm sitting back with a Smithwicks and thinking about going to bed.

confused at birth
12-12-2011, 10:59 PM
eat pasta, study for exams same as the non slow nights

well i say study, glance at text book. stratch butt and then put it away and grab remote

watching pawn stars about to watch daily show then waiting for 2 am to watch leverage

Made tomorrow's lunch

so cold leftovers in a sandwich?

Khoram
12-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Which part?

The bolded parts. :D

And that makes complete sense. He's like a wandering puppy (but don't let him know I said that - he might jump onto my leg, then :().

fdsaf3
12-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Slow night? What's that? :p

If, for whatever reason, I have an hour or two to myself, I typically do things in the following order:

1. Browse various reddits (I follow r/starcraft and r/leagueoflegends pretty thoroughly)
2. Play a game or two of SC2 or LoL
3. Watch an episode of something on Hulu
4. ???

That's it. These are things I do only if I have literally nothing else pressing to do. Everything else (like grocery shopping, cooking, etc.) are things that I simply budget into my day or they don't happen. I'm especially prone to not eating and not grocery shopping. I never seem to have time to eat, and I loathe grocery shopping.

Sei'taer
12-12-2011, 11:04 PM
You could work on this list:

The 10 Foods Every Man Must Eat Before He Dies (http://blogs.menshealth.com/guy-gourmet/gut-check-the-10-foods-every-man-must-eat-before-he-dies/2010/09/10/?cm_mmc=Twitter-_-MensHealth-_-Content-Blogs-_-GuyGourmet)

I've eaten nine of them. If I had to add to the list, it would be BBQ ribs from The Rendezvous in downtown Memphis, Crawfish in Mandeville, LA and I would change the in and out burger to a Dyers burger.

Khoram
12-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Slow night? What's that? :p

I don't usually have slow nights, either - I'm usually either working, or busy playing guitar, or working on something school-related. Now, I have entire days to myself, where all I have to do is study, and I can't make myself go through that - especially right now, with my exam at 2pm tomorrow. Luckily, it's a class I enjoy, and listen in (and take a lot of notes - for the whole semester, I took 133 pages of notes :eek:). I've never been one to study for any exam, though. And yet, I still somehow manage to do well. Maybe I'm just extremely lucky. :/

I've always been one to procrastinate and cram everything in at the last minute, but I've got to teach myself how not to do that. Well, here's hoping I can learn relatively soon - i.e. for my last exams. XD

Khoram
12-12-2011, 11:14 PM
You could work on this list:

The 10 Foods Every Man Must Eat Before He Dies (http://blogs.menshealth.com/guy-gourmet/gut-check-the-10-foods-every-man-must-eat-before-he-dies/2010/09/10/?cm_mmc=Twitter-_-MensHealth-_-Content-Blogs-_-GuyGourmet)

I've eaten nine of them. If I had to add to the list, it would be BBQ ribs from The Rendezvous in downtown Memphis, Crawfish in Mandeville, LA and I would change the in and out burger to a Dyers burger.

I've had six of those (seven if a Carpaccio is included in the Steak Tartare - I had it in Paris this summer (BEST THING I HAVE EVER EATEN!!!). I don't think I'd be able to eat the natto, though - it's more like "notto" for me. ;)

Sei'taer
12-12-2011, 11:22 PM
I've had six of those (seven if a Carpaccio is included in the Steak Tartare - I had it in Paris this summer (BEST THING I HAVE EVER EATEN!!!). I don't think I'd be able to eat the natto, though - it's more like "notto" for me. ;)

natto is weird, it smells terrible, but it tastes so different and something about it makes you want to keep eating and eat it again. I don't know if it's tha aftertaste, like the article says, but it's something...I wish I could put the words to it for it to make sense. I just don't know how to describe it. It's like seal blubber, it tastes like nothing you've ever had before, and it's not particularly something that just hits you right in the face with how good it is, but you want it again and again and again.

Khoram
12-12-2011, 11:23 PM
natto is weird, it smells terrible, but it tastes so different and something about it makes you want to keep eating and eat it again. I don't know if it's tha aftertaste, like the article says, but it's something...I wish I could put the words to it for it to make sense. I just don't know how to describe it. It's like seal blubber, it tastes like nothing you've ever had before, and it's not particularly something that just hits you right in the face with how good it is, but you want it again and again and again.

So it's a drug...

Sei'taer
12-12-2011, 11:26 PM
So it's a drug...

Pretty much, yeah...

Cor Shan
12-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Well today I:
Roasted a Turkey
Made Stuffing
Made Gravy
Drank mulled wine, tea, and ate Christmas lunch, then studied. Also got in 2 rounds of ASOIAF Risk

yks 6nnetu hing
12-13-2011, 02:37 AM
seeing as yesterday was day 3 of the worst migraine I've had in years, I curled up under my blankets, kept the blinds down and thought murderous thougths at the water gushing through the pipes (can it BE any louder?). Then, when the painkillers kicked in enough I managed to actually sit up and read for a bit.

normally though, I like to while away a quiet evening with a good movie or series and crocheting or knitting

Ishara
12-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Mmmm. Bone marrow...soooo good! I could not convince the husband when we were on the honeymoon to try some, but it just so damn good on crusty bread!

I call shenanigans on the tomato/ iceberg crap salad though. Talk about flavourless...

Oh - and slow night? I don't get home till 7 pm usually, so dinner, dishes, shower, bed are my usual routine. Maybe a nice walk with my husband if I don't have to wash my hair (which eats up a lot of time - there's a LOT). Sometimes laundry or grocery shopping. Yesterday we went through the wedding proofs and he played a lot of CoD (? Maybe? I've lost track of what the game is. M'eh.)

Isabel
12-13-2011, 08:11 AM
seeing as yesterday was day 3 of the worst migraine I've had in years, I curled up under my blankets, kept the blinds down and thought murderous thougths at the water gushing through the pipes (can it BE any louder?). Then, when the painkillers kicked in enough I managed to actually sit up and read for a bit.

That sucks:( Heel veel beterschap!

SauceyBlueConfetti
12-13-2011, 09:58 AM
I have a one year old. Slow nights don't happen anymore.

Khoram
12-14-2011, 05:29 PM
I also happen to enjoy surfing the 'net, looking for cool videos such as this here (http://news.discovery.com/tech/video-trillion-frames-per-second-111213.html#mkcpgn=fbdsc17). Think of all the implications! Think of the awesomeness!

I also tend to do this when I should be studying for exams. :/

confused at birth
12-14-2011, 06:02 PM
another slow night before my last exam booooooo

but stargate atlantis will start over again on SYFY so i might watch that instead of all night study

Khoram
12-14-2011, 06:44 PM
This time tomorrow I'll be getting ready to go write my German exam - I'm not looking forward to it. :(

Who schedules an exam at 7 PM!? It's outlandish, ludicrous, and completely uncalled for!

confused at birth
12-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Who schedules an exam at 7 PM!? It's outlandish, ludicrous, and completely uncalled for!

lots of people at my college

I have classes that go on til 10:30 at night and also make me show up on sat as well.

all my night classes have the final on the last day of class so I have had lots of exams that last til nearly 10

Khoram
12-14-2011, 07:03 PM
lots of people at my college

I have classes that go on til 10:30 at night and also make me show up on sat as well.

all my night classes have the final on the last day of class so I have had lots of exams that last til nearly 10

Yeah, well... exams at night are ridiculous. So are exams on the weekend, which I've had in the past.

And don't get me started on night classes - sure, they're fine for those who can't go to school in the morning cause they're working, but I'd rather not have to deal with them.

[end rant]

confused at birth
12-14-2011, 07:11 PM
night classes are good

less 18 year olds only there so they can stay at home without their parents nagging them to move out or work.

smaller class means you can actually learn more.

no one cares if you wonder off for some BK as long as you come back

and the best reason

YOU DONT HAVE TO WAKE UP BEFORE LUNCH :D

Cor Shan
12-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Also, you can go straight to the campus pub and have it instantly be party time with all specials in effect, so you don't have to drink beer for the 90 minutes until 5 when food goes on sale. Which means you get tipsy at 10, not 4:45
/what really matters in life

confused at birth
12-14-2011, 07:23 PM
holy crap my plate just exploded in the microwave

Khoram
12-14-2011, 07:28 PM
holy crap my plate just exploded in the microwave

/what really matters in life.

confused at birth
12-14-2011, 07:32 PM
its ok my pie is fine :)

Khoram
12-14-2011, 07:38 PM
its ok my pie is fine :)

... tastes oddly like glass...

confused at birth
12-14-2011, 07:47 PM
I have never licked my glasses so I wouldnt know :p

dont really know what it tasted of it was meant to be chicken but i cannot be sure. :confused:

it didnt suck it just wasnt very good. :rolleyes:

which is also what is said when I lost my remote and ended up watching twilight because I had the flu and couldnt get out of bed :(

Khoram
12-14-2011, 08:03 PM
which is also what is said when I lost my remote and ended up watching twilight because I had the flu and couldnt get out of bed :(

You poor, poor soul... :(

I honestly would have gouged out my eyes and stuck Q-tips too far into my ears if that were to happen to me.

confused at birth
12-14-2011, 08:14 PM
honestly would have gouged out my eyes and stuck Q-tips too far into my ears if that were to happen to me.

Was to weak at the time to do as you said i didnt eat for 2 days because it was to hard to get down the stairs.
i only got out of bed when it go to the bathroom or wet the bed.:(

It wasnt that bad and someone i trust says the books are ok so i may get around to reading them. :eek:

the only reason I knew what it was because someone told Ashley Greene's part is what you would get if Min had a kid with Perrin so i googled it and saw the cast

I actually hadnt heard of it until I was told that :confused:

Khoram
12-14-2011, 08:38 PM
It wasnt that bad and someone i trust says the books are ok so i may get around to reading them. :eek:

Don't let Dav catch you saying that. ;)

I've had some friends try to talk me into reading them. I said nothing could possibly be better than WoT. Then a friend of mine at school started reading it cause his girlfriend said they were the best books (this was an all-guys private high school) ever. I subsequently shot him down and said no. I would never read something that is essentially a chick-flic in book form, where the characters aren't realistic and the protagonist sparkles in the sunlight (seriously?). (This is what I said to him).

So I won't be reading or watching this stuff anytime soon (read "never"). Besides: from what I hear from other friends of mine, the movies suck - they only watch them to get some laughs.

confused at birth
12-14-2011, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE]Don't let Dav catch you saying that.[QUOTE]

Why Not? :confused::confused::confused:

to put it simply I have been a prick for to lots of people I shouldnt and I am still standing, why would I not admit an opinion because of someone I have never met doesnt agree with it.

most of the books I own dont have that realistic characters in them doesnt mean i dont like them.
they are not all that deep either some are for slow nights when i just want to slip out of reality for a few hours.

WHY THE HELL DO THEY SPARKLE? :confused::confused:

Khoram
12-14-2011, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE]Don't let Dav catch you saying that./QUOTE]

Why Not? :confused::confused::confused:

to put it simply I have been a prick for to lots of people I shouldnt and I am still standing, why would I not admit an opinion because of someone I have never met doesnt agree with it.

Just 'cause. :rolleyes:

most of the books I own dont have that realistic characters in them doesnt mean i dont like them.
they are not all that deep either some are for slow nights when i just want to slip out of reality for a few hours.

I don't necessarily read books with absolutely realistic characters, either. I do, however, read books that have intelligent, relatively realistic (if not extremely realistic) characters, who do things for reasons that I can fully understand.

That's the sign of a good book - they can relate to the reader and make them think. That is, that's my definition. :D

WHY THE HELL DO THEY SPARKLE? :confused::confused:

I DON'T KNOW!!! :(

confused at birth
12-14-2011, 09:20 PM
I don't necessarily read books with absolutely realistic characters, either. I do, however, read books that have intelligent, relatively realistic (if not extremely realistic) characters, who do things for reasons that I can fully understand.

That's the sign of a good book - they can relate to the reader and make them think. That is, that's my definition.

that is a good definition, however since neither of us has actually read the bloody books we dont know for a fact if they suck or not :p

they may suck and I may read them and learn that I think they are crap I just try to keep an open mind about trying new things(some of which have shocked the rednecks in my classes). :D

If they are shit I now have something to start my next BBQ with if not I have found something I enjoy doesnt mean you have to enjoy them just because I might.

You also shouldnt avoid something just because it isnt cool :cool:

Khoram
12-14-2011, 09:32 PM
that is a good definition, however since neither of us has actually read the bloody books we dont know for a fact if they suck or not :p

they may suck and I may read them and learn that I think they are crap I just try to keep an open mind about trying new things(some of which have shocked the rednecks in my classes). :D

If they are shit I now have something to start my next BBQ with if not I have found something I enjoy doesnt mean you have to enjoy them just because I might.

You also shouldnt avoid something just because it isnt cool :cool:

I hang out with some people who aren't "cool". Does that count?

I'm not one to follow the crowd - people who know me have noticed that I set the trend three years in advance. Therefore, I will not follow the crowd and read the books. I will, however, get more people to read WoT - which I have. :D

A good, ol' fashioned book burning! We'll have to start off with anything by the Yeard. Anything and everything written by him will have to go at the very bottom, to help start it. Even something like Mein Kampf doesn't deserve to be burned - it at least has historical significance.

confused at birth
12-14-2011, 09:46 PM
hang out with some people who aren't "cool". Does that count?

Only if you like them if you are only trying to look dark and brooding to get laid no

I will, however, get more people to read WoT

I expect everyone on here has done that atleast twice, it is very depressing how few people in my classes read at all

A good, ol' fashioned book burning!

not so much, I keep all my junk mail to use in starting fires and as im not saying the entire run should be burned its fine im just to lazy to find somewhere to donate used books.

its really only a book burning if you are trying to destroy knowledge or a view you dont agree with. me using my old school books to help make a juicy steak is fine.

Even something like Mein Kampf doesn't deserve to be burned - it at least has historical significance.

yes as some of the best fiction written between the bible and the hobbit :D

Khoram
12-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Only if you like them if you are only trying to look dark and brooding to get laid no

No. I sincerely like them. Most of the time. ;)

I expect everyone on here has done that atleast twice, it is very depressing how few people in my classes read at all

I would hope so. And I've gotten a few people outside of TL to get into the books. And get into them again.

not so much, I keep all my junk mail to use in starting fires and as im not saying the entire run should be burned its fine im just to lazy to find somewhere to donate used books.

its really only a book burning if you are trying to destroy knowledge or a view you dont agree with. me using my old school books to help make a juicy steak is fine.

Well, it's a book burning if you burn books. Period. :D

yes as some of the best fiction written between the bible and the hobbit :D

But not between the Bible and WoT? :D So WoT is in a league of its own!

confused at birth
12-14-2011, 10:41 PM
But not between the Bible and WoT? So WoT is in a league of its own!

no because all fantasy since the lord of the rings has been judged against that.

everything before was crap

something else to do on a slow night it seems, log on here and makes no sense while the topic changes every
three posts :)

I would never read something that is essentially a chick-flic in book form,

some people I know think that what WoT is and I beleive you may have glanced at atleast one of those

Khoram
12-14-2011, 10:59 PM
no because all fantasy since the lord of the rings has been judged against that.

everything before was crap

something else to do on a slow night it seems, log on here and makes no sense while the topic changes every
three posts :)

It's what we do best. :D

some people I know think that what WoT is and I beleive you may have glanced at atleast one of those

Well, I've definitely glanced at one of the WoT books. I think. :rolleyes:

And I would definitely say that if that's considered a chick-flic in a book, then I'll have to go jump off a bridge.

confused at birth
12-14-2011, 11:08 PM
And I would definitely say that if that's considered a chick-flic in a book, then I'll have to go jump off a bridge.

off you go then.

it seems to have to many strong females, to much time spent on teenage romances and not enough battles to be manly enough for some of my friends.

though actually the books i have read with the most nudity,sex and gore in have all been written by women that publish under male names.

I dont know if they are just putting it in to make appeal to more guys or if that is really how their minds work but they can get very gross.

Khoram
12-14-2011, 11:11 PM
off you go then.

it seems to have to many strong females, to much time spent on teenage romances and not enough battles to be manly enough for some of my friends.

though actually the books i have read with the most nudity,sex and gore in have all been written by women that publish under male names.

I dont know if they are just putting it in to make appeal to more guys or if that is really how their minds work but they can get very gross.

It's how their minds work. ;) Not that I'm claiming to understand the illusive Woman. I'm a Man; there's no way I'd be able to understand them. Not in a million years.

Well, I'm off to the Cartier Bridge to go take a dip in the St. Laurence River. Ciao! *heads off to his demise*

confused at birth
12-14-2011, 11:15 PM
If I may suggest a better bridge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio-Niter%C3%B3i_Bridge

if the fall doesnt kill you the toxic waste they call water will make it quicker than drowning, but feel free to use your own if you dont fancy the flight

Khoram
12-14-2011, 11:21 PM
I'll stay with mine. It's closer, easier to get to, and less expensive to get there. Besides, it isn't a toll bridge.

Davian93
12-15-2011, 08:22 AM
I cant recall who said this but they were comparing Harry Potter and Twilight:

Harry Potter is all about the importance of confronting and overcoming your fears. Twilight is all about the importance of being in a relationship with a boy regardless of the consequences.

It pretty much sums up both series and why one is considered a YA classic and the other is considered cheap trash written by a middle aged Mormon that didnt get asked to the Prom.

Think about the whole basis of Ms. Meyer's book. Stephanie, I mean Bella, moves to a new school to live with her father. She is immediately befriended by several popular girls and is considered the most amazing, girl in the world by all the popular boys (two facts that are incompatiable with each other to anyone who has ever actually been in High School) Of course, she immediately falls head over heels with the one boy that doesnt look at her at first but still is obsessed with her despite being 100+ years old and still in HS (which is a whole other can of worms in itself...very sex predatoresque). Despite her ignoring all her 'new friends' to mutually obsess over sparkly boy, those friends still love poor innocent Bella and are always there for her despite her basically treating them like an afterthought. She also gets the love and affection of the "safe choice" in the Wolf Boy...so she always has a fallback plan and all the boys love her. Edward, despite being a 100 year old sex predator and vampire who would normally kill a human (but in Ms. Meyer's books the only disadvantages to being a vampire is that you sparkle in the sun and apparently become a Vegan?!?) is of course mutually "in love" with her yet still manages to basically abuse her physically. Think about it, every time she is with him, she gets injured in some form or fashion and he basically stalks her to the point of breaking into her home to watch her sleep. This is what Ms. Meyers thinks is a good teenage relationship and what she is communicating to the tweens/teenage girls that read this crap.

I could go on but I've never really bothered to read the books other than parts of the first one and having seen the first movie on TV.

I refuse to read the others or watch the other movies mainly because the acting is somehow worse than the books...though her characters are so wooden and one dimensional in the books, maybe the actors are accurately portraying them.

Basically, Stephanie Meyer can go DIAF.

Ishara
12-15-2011, 08:48 AM
To quote myself:

From May 2009:
Oh, and twilight? Written by a Mormon soccer mom about her purile sexual fantasies. Honestly. It's a crap story, with crap writing and crap characters. The interesting characters she barely addresses, and spends all her time using dazzling as her main adjective. Also, in the first book she doesn't write "said" once. It's all "breathed." Ugh. The last book ties everything up with such a pretty bow it's like she never learned the concept of denoument.

Please.

And RPat? He's alright, but the character is misogynistic, borderline emotionally abusive, an effing creep who watches her sleep, and just so angtsy it makes you want to kill yourself.

Entertaining, but only because of the high cheese factor. It's not literature, she's not a good writer and I really wish that the teens and soccer moms would wake up and recognize that.

GonzoTheGreat
12-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Entertaining, but only because of the high cheese factor. It's not literature, she's not a good writer and I really wish that the teens and soccer moms would wake up and recognize that.
But if they do wake up, then who will they find watching them sleep?

You didn't think of that, did you?

maacaroni
12-15-2011, 09:04 AM
This time tomorrow I'll be getting ready to go write my German exam - I'm not looking forward to it. :(

Das ist nicht gut

maacaroni
12-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Oh and I've never seen any of those twilights films. Is it like Blade?

Davian93
12-15-2011, 09:22 AM

If only...

http://www.gearfuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/twilight-ending-blade.jpg

GonzoTheGreat
12-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Dav, apparently I can't use the left "Rep" on you at the moment. Should I then use the right one?

Ishara
12-15-2011, 11:30 AM

Ahahahahahaha! Alas, no. The Blade fanchise laughs at itself - Twilight does not.

Khoram
12-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Das ist nicht gut

Es ist nicht praktisch. :(

Davian93
12-15-2011, 11:53 AM
I think if there is one thing we can all agree on its that real vampires wear latex cat suits and kill Lycans in their spare time.

Now, if someone were to post some reference photos of this "real vampire" for the audience (I wont/cant since I'm at work), it would likely be deemed a good thing in the eyes of Theoryland.

Ahem...

confused at birth
12-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Now, if someone were to post some reference photos of this "real vampire" for the audience (I wont/cant since I'm at work), it would likely be deemed a good thing in the eyes of Theoryland.

I would but I cant figure out how :(

and even if there was a blade movie that involved him killing whats his hair, would even that make it worth watching?

Don't let Dav catch you saying that.

still not sure why not?
The first reply made sense and his second was oscar worthy

the whole film thing is creepy, my 50s mother refused to accept that drooling over a 17 year old wasnt ok just because he looked good with his shirt off on a movie poster

confused at birth
12-15-2011, 04:14 PM
finished last exam now have nothing but slow nights til spring

Khoram
12-15-2011, 04:36 PM
finished last exam now have nothing but slow nights til spring

*Yosemite Sam mutterings...*

I want my last two to be done and over with - after tonight, I have a week before my last exam, and then I go back a week and a half later. *sigh* - I just wish I could have fewer exams and a longer break.

If wishes were wings, though, I'd be high-tailing it out of here. :D Oh, and pigs would fly.

confused at birth
12-15-2011, 04:39 PM
If wishes were wings

that must explain the victoria's secret angels, the more men that wish to sleep with them the bigger their wings get

Cor Shan
12-15-2011, 05:39 PM

*Yosemite Sam mutterings...*

I want my last two to be done and over with - after tonight, I have a week before my last exam, and then I go back a week and a half later. *sigh* - I just wish I could have fewer exams and a longer break.

If wishes were wings, though, I'd be high-tailing it out of here. :D Oh, and pigs would fly.

I had an exam at 830 this morning and another at 330 (in an hour) then one more tomorrow and Sat.

Also this is the 3rd last day my school has exams, in a 2 week period.

Khoram
12-15-2011, 06:11 PM
I had an exam at 830 this morning and another at 330 (in an hour) then one more tomorrow and Sat.

Also this is the 3rd last day my school has exams, in a 2 week period.

Ugh. Where do you go to school?

And good luck on the exam today. May it go well, but screw up your online Risk game. :D

Cor Shan
12-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Simon Fraser in Burnaby

Are you at McGill?

Destroyed my "very hard" MBB final after doing overall poorly in the course. Or else I confidently knew nothing... :confused:

AND GFD I had a bit of bad luck in Risk, lost a 5on2

Khoram
12-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Simon Fraser in Burnaby

Are you at McGill?

Destroyed my "very hard" MBB final after doing overall poorly in the course. Or else I confidently knew nothing... :confused:

AND GFD I had a bit of bad luck in Risk, lost a 5on2

I'm actually at Concordia. Thought about going to McGill, and decided against it. Maybe for my Masters...

Ouch - losing a 5on2 is never fun.

confused at birth
12-15-2011, 08:48 PM
well one of the things I do on a slow night is now gone, youtube appears to have changed the download settings as part of the downgrade and they no longer buffer on my computer.

i cant watch anything over 360 on my computer anymore

Khoram
12-15-2011, 10:15 PM
well one of the things I do on a slow night is now gone, youtube appears to have changed the download settings as part of the downgrade and they no longer buffer on my computer.

i cant watch anything over 360 on my computer anymore

:(

That sucks. I enjoy watching Youtube videos - it can get quite addictive, unfortunately.

SO I FINISHED MY EXAM!!! Now I have a week off until my last one. Which means XBOX ALL WEEK! And reffing some hockey here and there, too. ;)

confused at birth
12-15-2011, 10:26 PM
shouted down the phone at the guys that do my internet

they told me what the problem was they did something now my internet is working properly

youtube is back YAY :D

reading some old thread here about cutting a thief hand off doesnt make sense

confused at birth
12-20-2011, 12:43 AM
if at aparents house on a slow night and they ask you to look something up use google never open their favs

yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck

Khoram
12-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Reliving childhood memories by listening to the soundtracks of some of my favourite videogames on the N64 - full soundtracks for Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64. You can find just about any soundtrack on Youtube. It's AWESOME!

Davian93
12-21-2011, 09:06 AM
if at aparents house on a slow night and they ask you to look something up use google never open their favs

yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck

Yeah, I cant say I've ever been a fan of hermaphroditic midget pron either.

confused at birth
12-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I cant say I've ever been a fan of hermaphroditic midget porn either.

why would it actually be called that in the menu?

but it is vomit making to see live sex at the top of the list then look up and see a web cam at your dads house

last night was dead so I watched Red and read 90% of eye of the world then blasted hollywood undead with the windows open

Khoram
12-22-2011, 08:12 AM
This time tomorrow I'll be happily asleep, with not a care in the world.

Stupid exams...