PDA

View Full Version : Question about ishamaels meeting in tgh

Fin
12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
I dont have my copy of TGH but in the beginning they have that meeting with Ba'alzamon/Ishy. A lot of the people in that meeting come to pass in later stories. not all but a portion. there is mention of an andor men who i believe was a soldier. its not Charlz Guybon so who is it? Does this person matter. Is it Tallanvor? i doubt it. i thought david hanlon but hes not military before being promoted. any thoughts?

Kimon
12-13-2011, 11:23 PM
I dont have my copy of TGH but in the beginning they have that meeting with Ba'alzamon/Ishy. A lot of the people in that meeting come to pass in later stories. not all but a portion. there is mention of an andor men who i believe was a soldier. its not Charlz Guybon so who is it? Does this person matter. Is it Tallanvor? i doubt it. i thought david hanlon but hes not military before being promoted. any thoughts?

It might be Hanlon, but we don't really have any reason to assume that he was in the Queen's Guard prior to joining the White Lions. This Andoran might well just have been a red herring designed to make us suspicious of Tallanvor and perhaps even Bryne. A number of the individuals noted by Bors (Carridin) seem to fit in the latter category of "butter for our paws" rather than foreshadowing.

Here's the list:

(1)Illianer noblewoman, skimpily clad: not a clue, probably no one we've seen since.
(2)Domani noblewoman: again probably a non-entity
(3)The Shienaran: Ingtar
(4)Tinker: nobody of note - though clearly to make us suspicious of Aram, but he was just a schmuck.
(5)Tairen High Lord: probably Weiramon
(6)Sea Folk man, slender, w/tattoo: don't think we've seen him either
(7)2 Aes Sedai: Liandrin is one, the other is likely Alviarin, Verin, or Sheriam, but Galina and even others are still possibilities.

He also mentions a few others from various lands, but from that lot, only Ingtar and Liandrin are certainties. The rest seemed specifically designed just to highlight the multi-national flavor, and, of course, to pique our curiosity.

Denul
12-23-2011, 04:32 PM
I think the Andor Soldier/man was Comar. That Ravhin sent to kill the girls in Tear during The Dragon Reborn.

Terez
12-23-2011, 05:02 PM
...a glimpse of golden lion-head spurs, worn only by high officers in the Andoran Queen's Guards.
"He was a fine soldier, but it is said he left the Guard over some matter of weighted dice. Not that anyone says it to his face; Comar was one of the best blades in the Guards..."
By the time of the Darkfriend Social, presumably Rahvin had already taken over, and it would seem strange for Comar to leave the Guard while Rahvin was in charge, unless Rahvin started really small. I suppose it's possible he wore his spurs despite having already left the Guard.

David Selig
12-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Rahvin appeared in Caemlyn much later - while Morgase was at Tar Valon, which was after the end of TGH, at least several months after Darkfriends Social.

Guybon is really unlikely, before Elayne promoted him, he was only Lieutenant. Besides, he's named after someone who won a charity auction, so it's really unlikely he's a Darkfriend.

GonzoTheGreat
12-24-2011, 04:49 AM
Besides, he's named after someone who won a charity auction, so it's really unlikely he's a Darkfriend.
Do Darkfriends not attend charity auctions? :confused: