PDA

View Full Version : AMOL is done!

WinespringBrother
12-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Woot!!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/BrandSanderson/status/149486690447273984

Brandon Sanderson @BrandSanderson

Ladies and gentlemen, A Memory of Light--the final book in The Wheel of Time--has been finished.

Zombie Sammael
12-21-2011, 08:03 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, A Memory of Light--the final book in The Wheel of Time--has been finished.

He also said revisions will take around six months, so he expects it to be out in the fall.

This is a grand and momentous occasion which, whilst not exactly prompting discussion and theories, deserves to be marked. Brandon has been working all through the night to get to this point, according to Twitter, and those of us awake at this hour have been lucky enough to be able to follow. Plus, he chose music from my favourite video game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-0G_FI61a8) to listen to as he finished it :D. He wrote the last scenes for each character, and all that remained was to add RJ's scene.

The Wheel has turned. An Age has ended.

Zombie Sammael
Gah! beat me to it damn you! Can you merge the threads?

Davian93
What's the release date? May 2012?

I'm assuming a full 6 month edit this time around.

Dajoran
12-21-2011, 08:05 AM
This news... when my twitter app went off with this news... I squeaked with joy - just a little

Landro
12-21-2011, 08:11 AM
So where do I sign up as proof reader?

maacaroni
12-21-2011, 08:14 AM
I can pretty much guarantee an october or november release. Most WoT books have been released then in the past and he has mentioned on several occasions that they wanted extra time to edit it.

There is a happiness yet a sadness to this all.

RIP Robert Jordan.

SauceyBlueConfetti
12-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Sticky-d thread

WinespringBrother
12-21-2011, 08:17 AM
What's the release date? May 2012?

I'm assuming a full 6 month edit this time around.

Brandon thinks it will be a Fall release, and that Tor will make an announcement soon.

WinespringBrother
12-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Gah! beat me to it damn you! Can you merge the threads?

The threads have been rewoven into the Pattern.

Davian93
12-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Brandon thinks it will be a Fall release, and that Tor will make an announcement soon.

Good...that's just enough time for me to sneak a full reread in...as I figure about 1 month per book with everything else going on in my life. Used to be that meant maybe a month but I got old and have responsibilities now. I do plan on taking at least a full day off to read it and hopefully I can snag an early copy so I have a weekend too.

Zombie Sammael
12-21-2011, 08:39 AM
The threads have been rewoven into the Pattern.

Thank you.

Khoram
12-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Great news! I was following it on Twitter, but if I wanted to be sane and relatively clear-minded for my full day of studying for my exam tomorrow, I had to go to sleep. Needless to say that, when I woke up this morning and checked Twitter, I grinned from ear to ear. Another 6 or so months of editing, and then release in the Fall... I can taste the ashes and death from TG right now... It's a bittersweet moment. :(

Fin
12-21-2011, 10:56 AM
gives me plenty of time to read the mistborn series before it comes out

Rand al'Fain
12-22-2011, 01:22 AM
It makes one happy that it's done and coming out by this time next year, but also sad that it will be the end of the series.

Oden
12-22-2011, 04:31 AM
I hope revisions take a long time. They need to get this right. I'm hoping that they take an extra year just for a few fans to read it and say what they think of the characters. Wether or not the characters act as they should means more than the rest. The characters along with the ever going foreshadowing and his way of writing are what made me consider RJ a literary genius. The foreshadowing isn't as important now and I have already seen BS's writing.

Tedman
12-22-2011, 10:17 AM
When I met WinespringBrother at the Alloy of Law signing in November, and we exchanged notes, thoughts, and the like about WoT he was surprised at the length of time I've been reading the series. He seemed really surprised when I explained it was my Dad who got me into the series, and has been reading since mid 1990.

I wish I could say I'm just that cool for having been someone reading the series since 1995, having a letter from Mr. Rigney or the rare copies of the books I've acquired over the years, but its nothing next to being happy that something that made my Dad quietly bitter will be resolved soon.

Clearly four or five years ago we 'knew' this day would be here, yet it is a relief to be directly on the cusp. I've thought a lot about what that feeling will be like when I read the last sentence of AMoL. I sometimes feel a loss when I'm done with a long series for the first time, but I can't even imagine what it will be like for books that I go back to time and time again.

I generally lurked on Wotmania for about a decade, but I registered here just to share how happy I am for all of us, especially those of you reading WoT longer than I have. When I talked to Brandon's Publisher\Agent lady she said they already have the Union Square B&N booked for release, leading me to think November no matter when the book is actually done.

greatwolf
12-22-2011, 02:41 PM
I hope revisions take a long time. They need to get this right.

Yup.

WinespringBrother
12-22-2011, 03:03 PM
When I met WinespringBrother at the Alloy of Law signing in November, and we exchanged notes, thoughts, and the like about WoT he was surprised at the length of time I've been reading the series. He seemed really surprised when I explained it was my Dad who got me into the series, and has been reading since mid 1990.

I wish I could say I'm just that cool for having been someone reading the series since 1995, having a letter from Mr. Rigney or the rare copies of the books I've acquired over the years, but its nothing next to being happy that something that made my Dad quietly bitter will be resolved soon.

Clearly four or five years ago we 'knew' this day would be here, yet it is a relief to be directly on the cusp. I've thought a lot about what that feeling will be like when I read the last sentence of AMoL. I sometimes feel a loss when I'm done with a long series for the first time, but I can't even imagine what it will be like for books that I go back to time and time again.

I generally lurked on Wotmania for about a decade, but I registered here just to share how happy I am for all of us, especially those of you reading WoT longer than I have. When I talked to Brandon's Publisher\Agent lady she said they already have the Union Square B&N booked for release, leading me to think November no matter when the book is actually done.

Howdy. Glad to see you joined our little rounded corner of the internet! It was awesome to read Brandon's tweets yesterday when I arrived at work, which were actually a nice surprise/postscript to the writing of AMOL. Also a kind of bittersweet beginning of the end for all the WOT fans who have followed the books for a decade or 2. Though hopefully the Wheel will keep turning with the Encyclopedia, online game, comics and movie adaptations, etc... :D

(BTW I'm reading Campbell's The Hero With a Thousand Faces now)

Khoram
12-22-2011, 03:22 PM
(BTW I'm reading Campbell's The Hero With a Thousand Faces now)

I wrote a paper on that a couple of years ago using tEotW. We had the option of watching a movie and writing about that, or reading a book and writing about that. I chose to use Cambell's Hero With a Thousand Faces with tEotW. It also helped me start up another re-read. :D

If I remember correctly, I got an A on the paper. :D

The Angry Druid
12-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Great news. But I agree, there is a little sadness here two. Been reading since 1991.

RIP Robert Jordan. Special thanks to Harriet and Brandon and Maria and the rest of the team.

Final re-read is underway now. On Dragon Reborn. If I average a book a month, I think it will be just about right.

maacaroni
12-25-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm guessing out in October/November and this will be the most edited book of the BS three.

yks 6nnetu hing
12-27-2011, 02:52 AM
yay!

WinespringBrother
01-20-2012, 08:58 AM
minor update on AMOL via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/MorpheusStone/status/159699862991020033

Shaun Duquette @MorpheusStone
@BrandSanderson Ok,when can we expect excerpts from AMOL?And are you going to start another Way of Kings book after AMOL?

1:13 PM - 18 Jan 12

Brandon Sanderson @BrandSanderson 18 Jan @MorpheusStone I expect summer to the first, and yes to the second.

Wunderwaffe
01-21-2012, 10:31 AM
I can't wait to see the front cover illustration. :)