PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Ford Cast in Ender's Game

Davian93
12-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Personally I think he's a bit old to play Ender but what do I know...

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/12/21/harrison-ford-abigail-breslin-enders-game/

Seriously though, he'll be playing Col. Graff and apparently Abigail Breslin has been cast as well to play Valentine (kinda a fairly minor role really..unless they really expand the Peter/Valentine take over the world with a bulletin board subplot).

The girl from True Grit will be playing Petra.

ShadowbaneX
12-21-2011, 08:53 PM
It might work out, but I always sorta put Ender's Game & Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in the same, well, book: really great books that would be seemingly impossible to turn in to good movies.

Davian93
12-21-2011, 08:55 PM
It might work out, but I always sorta put Ender's Game & Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in the same, well, book: really great books that would be seemingly impossible to turn in to good movies.

I'm afraid they're gonna butcher it. Given Ford's inability to choose good scripts since basically the early 1990s and this is basically the touch of death.

They'll never do the battle room justice and I doubt they'll show a 6 year old killing another 6 year old let alone him killing Bonzo Madrid later on.

Khoram
12-21-2011, 09:25 PM
*excitedface* I'm a big fan of Harrison Ford. So any chance I get to see him in a movie (no matter how good or bad) I'm there.

fdsaf3
12-21-2011, 09:52 PM
*excitedface* I'm a big fan of Harrison Ford. So any chance I get to see him in a movie (no matter how good or bad) I'm there.

How was cowboys and aliens?

ShadowbaneX
12-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Given that they've got a 15 year old playing Petra I think they're going to up the ages a bit.

Rand al'Fain
12-22-2011, 01:53 AM
I have a bad feeling it will end up like Eragon did. Start similar to the actual book, and than create it's own story 15 minutes in. I would say it couldn't be totally ruined, but than Hollywood popped (in this case, pooped) out Dragon Ball Evolution and The Last Airbender, so I'll reserve my judgement for when it comes out.

Khoram
12-22-2011, 05:11 AM
How was cowboys and aliens?

I wasn't there. XD

Davian93
12-22-2011, 07:54 AM
I have a bad feeling it will end up like Eragon did. Start similar to the actual book, and than create it's own story 15 minutes in. I would say it couldn't be totally ruined, but than Hollywood popped (in this case, pooped) out Dragon Ball Evolution and The Last Airbender, so I'll reserve my judgement for when it comes out.

Maybe they were worried about getting sued for copyright infringement...considering all of Eragon is stolen from other much much better authors. Its a sad day when you make Terry Brooks look original.

I actually liked Cowboys and Aliens...but I belive I was in the minority on that one. I like basically any Harrison Ford movie (other than things like Six Days, Seven Nights) so I'm biased. I also thought K-19 was really good but it bombed in the theater too.

Mort
12-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Have they said if it's going to be PG-13 or anything? I'm guessing it will be, but I wish it wasn't. I don't want to watch Harry Potter in space :(

Rand al'Fain
12-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Have they said if it's going to be PG-13 or anything? I'm guessing it will be, but I wish it wasn't. I don't want to watch Harry Potter in space :(

Ender series was more targeted towards teens/young adults rather than young teens/preteens (Harry Potter).

But like I said, I'll have some serious reservations about this movie, because until it comes out, I'll be expecting a bastardization along the lines of The Last Airbender, Dragon Ball Evolution, and Eragon.

Davian93
12-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Ender series was more targeted towards teens/young adults rather than young teens/preteens (Harry Potter).

But like I said, I'll have some serious reservations about this movie, because until it comes out, I'll be expecting a bastardization along the lines of The Last Airbender, Dragon Ball Evolution, and Eragon.

You keep throwing Eragon out there as if it was actually a decent or even moderately average book to be optioned into a movie.

Sinistrum
12-22-2011, 09:40 PM
The problem with Eragon wasn't a poor adaption of the book, it was the book itself. I liked the story better when it was called Star Wars Episode IV.

Rand al'Fain
12-22-2011, 11:22 PM
You keep throwing Eragon out there as if it was actually a decent or even moderately average book to be optioned into a movie.

I admit, I read it before I started WOT series, and not really since, and shortly after it came out, but I'm one of those people that like the movie adaptations of books to be as similar (plot wise) to the book(s) as possible. So, kind of just left it there after the second book, as it was getting kind of out there with the plot anyways.

But still, the movie, even by itself, was a waste of money and plot.

Davian93
12-23-2011, 09:14 AM
The problem with Eragon wasn't a poor adaption of the book, it was the book itself. I liked the story better when it was called Star Wars Episode IV.

I know, right?

Edit: It should be noted that he also plagiarized Lord of the Rings and Dragonriders of Pern...FWIW. Of course, he did a really crappy unimaginative job.

Khoram
12-23-2011, 09:59 AM
I know, right?

Edit: It should be noted that he also plagiarized Lord of the Rings and Dragonriders of Pern...FWIW. Of course, he did a really crappy unimaginative job.

He was 19 at the time of writing.

Then again, that's no excuse. He should have known by then from school that it isn't right to plagiarize, and that it's bad juju to claim somebody else's work as your own.

Davian93
12-23-2011, 10:15 AM
He was 19 at the time of writing.

Then again, that's no excuse. He should have known by then from school that it isn't right to plagiarize, and that it's bad juju to claim somebody else's work as your own.

And it reads as if written by a 19 year old. And, as you even say, there is zero excuse for plagiarism.

Had mommy and daddy not owned a publishing house, this little "gem" gets buried where the sun dont shine by a competent editor.

Khoram
12-23-2011, 10:38 AM
And it reads as if written by a 19 year old. And, as you even say, there is zero excuse for plagiarism.

Had mommy and daddy not owned a publishing house, this little "gem" gets buried where the sun dont shine by a competent editor.

I'm afraid to ask this, but...

What of the Yeard? Would it stand to reason that he could have found a competent editor?

On a completely unrelated note: SNOW! WE FINALLY HAVE SNOW! Legitimately thought I was dreaming of a white Christmas. Is this Inception? I MUST FIND MY TOTEM

Davian93
12-23-2011, 12:00 PM
We had a dusting here when I woke up but it has since melted...you're just above the snow line I think.

ShadowbaneX
12-23-2011, 12:21 PM
From the weather reports we're getting it's looking like a Green Christmas here... :'(

Khoram
12-23-2011, 12:22 PM
From the weather reports we're getting it's looking like a Green Christmas here... :'(

:'(

Feel free to join us. ;)

ShadowbaneX
12-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Tempting, but there are too many Habs fans up there.

Khoram
12-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Tempting, but there are too many Habs fans up there.

>.<

Fine. BE that way. Gosh!

ShadowbaneX
12-23-2011, 02:55 PM
I'll say one thing for Habs fans...they're not Leafs fans. So they've got that going for them.

Davian93
12-23-2011, 05:06 PM
I'll say one thing for Habs fans...they're not Leafs fans. So they've got that going for them.

Sometimes I feel sorry for Leafs fans...but then I remember I'm a Flyers fan and i just hang my head in shame.

Leafs fans suck though...almost as much as Bruins fans.

Khoram
12-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Sometimes I feel sorry for Leafs fans...but then I remember I'm a Flyers fan and i just hang my head in shame.

Leafs fans suck though...almost as much as Bruins fans.

I hate both, which sucks, cause my dad used to be a Bruins fan, and his brother and my cousin are both Bruins fans. Needless to say, we get into arguments about which team is better. I'll always stand by my Habs, but lately, they've been horrendous. Gauthier's gonna be gone soon. And Gomez and Markov should be tossed.

And we need bigger forwards, and better goaltenders... heck, just replace the entire team! Except maybe Gill - he's too valuable to get rid of. :D

And, unfortunately, there ARE some Leafs fans in Montreal. :( It's so depressing when you find people who are so willing to believe in something that will never happen. The Leafs haven't won in what, 60 years? Or around there? It's never gonna happen!

So... how'd this thread get debunked? Was it my fault?

Back on topic (somewhat) - Snakes. Why does it always have to be snakes?

Asps. Very dangerous. to Indy You go first.

XD

ShadowbaneX
12-23-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm not quite sure you understand Dav.

As a Sens fan that can see the rink from my place (well, sorta, I need to stand up on the roof to see it, but it still is that close) I'm at game fairly regularly and quite a few of the games that I've seen have been Leafs vs Sens. The problem with these is that the ACC down in Toronto is eternally sold out and the only way most people in Toronto can actually go see a game is actually go to another city. Since the drinking age in the States is 21, their usual destination is up here in Ottawa.

So here you've got a bunch of Leafs fans that started drinking before they left home, continued drinking on the bus trip up, drank some more when they stopped for food, then continued to drink at the game...and this is if they actually traveled the day of the game, god help you if they're making an entire weekend of it and came up Friday night and are leaving Sunday.

This is a bit of an event for them so they don't do it too often...the problem is that there are a lot of such 'fans' down in Toronto so while any individual might only do this once or twice, there's always a rather large pool of them that are willing to do so. This means every Sens home game has several hundred drunken off their ass Leaf fans who are going to their first ever hockey game and generally act like you'd expect drunk teenagers that are going to their first hockey game...I seem to remember one game not too long ago where a bunch of them had a Sens banner which they'd purchased down on the floor of the concourse and they were taking their turns sitting down on it and rubbing their asses all over it.

This is what Sens fans have to put up with all too frequently. Is it any wonder that Sens fans hate Leafs fans?

ShadowbaneX
12-23-2011, 05:59 PM
I feel for Montreal, but the idiocy about having to have a Coach that speaks French is severely limiting the team. As for the team itself, pretty much any team in the league save perhaps Boston would love to have Price in their net.

As for Gill, he's tainted, he was a Leaf for a while there.

I don't mind Boston too much, many Ottawa connections there including Big Z and Chris Kelly...that might have been the most painful of the trades that we made last year, and there's still some hatred for signing Redden over Chara, although the reasons why that happen made sense at the time.

Khoram
12-23-2011, 07:05 PM
I feel for Montreal, but the idiocy about having to have a Coach that speaks French is severely limiting the team. As for the team itself, pretty much any team in the league save perhaps Boston would love to have Price in their net.

As for Gill, he's tainted, he was a Leaf for a while there.

I don't mind Boston too much, many Ottawa connections there including Big Z and Chris Kelly...that might have been the most painful of the trades that we made last year, and there's still some hatred for signing Redden over Chara, although the reasons why that happen made sense at the time.

I think it's a ridiculous rule myself. But what can you do?

So was Kaberle.

What do you think of the canning of Jacques Martin?

ShadowbaneX
12-23-2011, 10:36 PM
It's not only hurting the team in terms of coaching staff, but it's also hurting the players. Given that type of environment where do you think most people would rather play, a place where no one notices them (the US), they're on the hot seat frequently (Canada) or on the hot seat because they cannot speak French? The Franco-policy, while I can understand it, probably hurts the team quite a bit.

And, yes, Kaberle is also useless, which is why Kelly pretty much single-handedly kept Boston in the playoffs in the first round & wears an 'A' on his jersey if Chara, Bergeron or Frenece are out of the lineup & Kaberle was in Carolina for 2 months before being dealt to Montreal.

As for Martin he's a solid defensive coach that did pretty good here in Ottawa for a number of years. Having said that a lot of the Sens success came after Murray took over. You can have a lot of talent and have a successful hockey team (see Senators under Martin and the players he had) and still not pull everything together.

The Sens have been through a lot of coaches recently and I'm really happy with Paul MacLean though. He really seems to have gotten through to the vets on the team and has them all working together along with the rookies and they're doing better than anyone thought though would. I mean I had some hopes for a playoff spot but it was along the lines of "if Alfie & Michalek are healthy, if Spezza & Anderson continues to play lights out, the rookies (Condra, Greening, Smith, Karlsson, etc) continue to play really well" etc, etc. Thing is they have managed to do that. I hope they can just keep it going.

I think Montreal's got a decent enough team from the stats page, there just has to be something else that's not going right. I mean Price is a fantastic goalie one of the few I'd like to have more than Anderson (which is a short list as he's been playing really well for the Sens). You've got talented forwards, talented defencemen...I dunno. Perhaps it was just Martin that was the issue and we couldn't get everyone on to the same page. I hope that the politicians and the media back off and let Cunneyworth do his thing. He's a solid guy and given the chance could do rather well with the team that's in Montreal.

Khoram
12-23-2011, 11:05 PM
It's not only hurting the team in terms of coaching staff, but it's also hurting the players. Given that type of environment where do you think most people would rather play, a place where no one notices them (the US), they're on the hot seat frequently (Canada) or on the hot seat because they cannot speak French? The Franco-policy, while I can understand it, probably hurts the team quite a bit.

And, yes, Kaberle is also useless, which is why Kelly pretty much single-handedly kept Boston in the playoffs in the first round & wears an 'A' on his jersey if Chara, Bergeron or Frenece are out of the lineup & Kaberle was in Carolina for 2 months before being dealt to Montreal.

As for Martin he's a solid defensive coach that did pretty good here in Ottawa for a number of years. Having said that a lot of the Sens success came after Murray took over. You can have a lot of talent and have a successful hockey team (see Senators under Martin and the players he had) and still not pull everything together.

The Sens have been through a lot of coaches recently and I'm really happy with Paul MacLean though. He really seems to have gotten through to the vets on the team and has them all working together along with the rookies and they're doing better than anyone thought though would. I mean I had some hopes for a playoff spot but it was along the lines of "if Alfie & Michalek are healthy, if Spezza & Anderson continues to play lights out, the rookies (Condra, Greening, Smith, Karlsson, etc) continue to play really well" etc, etc. Thing is they have managed to do that. I hope they can just keep it going.

I think Montreal's got a decent enough team from the stats page, there just has to be something else that's not going right. I mean Price is a fantastic goalie one of the few I'd like to have more than Anderson (which is a short list as he's been playing really well for the Sens). You've got talented forwards, talented defencemen...I dunno. Perhaps it was just Martin that was the issue and we couldn't get everyone on to the same page. I hope that the politicians and the media back off and let Cunneyworth do his thing. He's a solid guy and given the chance could do rather well with the team that's in Montreal.

The problem is that we our guys don't play 60 minutes of hockey. Hell, they barely even play 20 minutes. Then they also make stupid mistakes that lead to bad goals, and they're overworking Price, which leads to Budaj being used less, becoming rusty, and then when he doesn't win a game, we go back to Price, who gets used for too many games, and the cycle continues.

It's been painful watching them play these past two weeks. I was fairly pleased with the acquisition of Kaberle - regardless of the past couple of games, he was doing well for us - he was an approximate +3 (don't have the stats with me right now) in his first four games, with him getting five points in said four games which, although we're only assists, is still pretty impressive. And we got him to be our quarterback on the power play, since Markov is pretty much out forever (as far as I am, and a whole bunch of people I know, are concerned, we should never have gotten rid of Wisniewski and signed Markov to that three-year deal. I mean, what the hell was Gauthier thinking!?

Needless to say, we have talented players on our team, but I think it's a combination of the little things - i.e. our small forwards. I love Camalleri and Gionta, even though they haven't been producing, and Desharnais is a beast, especially in the faceoffs. But they're TOO SMALL. We need more guys like Cole and Pacioretty (who, by the way, I am LOVING this season - they, with Desharnais between them, are our team's best line; they have great chemistry). Regardless of Gill's past, he's a great guy, and I love watching him play, if just for the comedic aspect of his skatin and shot-blocking technique. ;)

I don't think Martin was the one that needed to go, though. Firing a coach mid-season is never good - it usually messes up the team more than it helps. I'm looking forward to when Gauthier gets fired by Molson.

ShadowbaneX
12-23-2011, 11:28 PM
I think that's one of the benefits from having so many rookies on the team, they don't care what the score is or what's going on, they just go out there and play and that seems to be spreading to the vets so that regardless of how much time is left in the game, they're playing.

As for firing the coach, well, if teams aren't doing well, the GM knows that if something isn't done, he's the one under the gun, so he fires the coach to make it looks like he's doing something.

Khoram
12-24-2011, 07:10 AM
I think that's one of the benefits from having so many rookies on the team, they don't care what the score is or what's going on, they just go out there and play and that seems to be spreading to the vets so that regardless of how much time is left in the game, they're playing.

As for firing the coach, well, if teams aren't doing well, the GM knows that if something isn't done, he's the one under the gun, so he fires the coach to make it looks like he's doing something.

He did the same thing when he fired Pearn.

I haven't seen that happen yet with the Habs. I'd like to, but I haven't seen it yet.

GonzoTheGreat
12-24-2011, 08:10 AM
I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm asking: does Harrison Ford play field hockey or ice hockey?

Khoram
12-24-2011, 08:29 AM
I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm asking: does Harrison Ford play field hockey or ice hockey?

Ice hockey. Why would anyone, in their right minds, play hockey on a field? The only reason I'd do so is if said field had a thick sheet of ice on it. :p

ShadowbaneX
12-24-2011, 12:44 PM
He did the same thing when he fired Pearn.

I haven't seen that happen yet with the Habs. I'd like to, but I haven't seen it yet.
Well last year Ottawa was loaded with vets, almost too many of them and look what happened there. They pretty much gave up and played, well, like a Lottery team. Then the trade deadline came out with the likes of Kovalev who I'm sure you're familiar with, and in came these rookies from Bingo and combined with Anderson we started to win games. Might be time for a little house cleaning in Montreal.

Khoram
12-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Well last year Ottawa was loaded with vets, almost too many of them and look what happened there. They pretty much gave up and played, well, like a Lottery team. Then the trade deadline came out with the likes of Kovalev who I'm sure you're familiar with, and in came these rookies from Bingo and combined with Anderson we started to win games. Might be time for a little house cleaning in Montreal.

We have a great young Defense Corps, and some great young Forwards in Pacioretty, Desharnais, Nokelainen and Leblanc. We have the veterans to keep tem in line, and the younger players can make the veterans play more, too. Our team should be doing better, but they aren't. I say, toss Markov, Kostitsyn and Gomez, and get healthier players. They're te two bringing us down right now. Camalleri and Plekanec may be in slumps right now, but they aren't playing terribly. At least, not yet.

I think another main problem is the fact we have to deal with all the injuries, and have to bring up the younger guys before they're ready. Every team has to put up with injuries, but it seems that we're the team that puts up the most with them. *sigh*

ShadowbaneX
12-24-2011, 01:18 PM
it might seem that way, but go look at the Panthers or Carolina. Those are the last two the Sens played and they're in pretty bad with the injuries as well.

Khoram
12-24-2011, 11:12 PM
it might seem that way, but go look at the Panthers or Carolina. Those are the last two the Sens played and they're in pretty bad with the injuries as well.

Carolina's had a dreadful season. It's embarassing to watch them play, sometimes.

If I remember correctly, the Panthers had a good run during the start of the season, which the Habs haven't had, and I don't expect they will have that kind of a run this year. Oh well. :(

Maybe I'm thinking of another team, but I've had quite a bit of fine wine tonight, so I may not be thinking straight. ;)

Then again, maybe I am. :D

ShadowbaneX
12-25-2011, 12:15 AM
I seem to recall something about Florida having two lines when they played Ottawa Thursday night...their other two lines were supplied by their farm team, so that's 6 starters out of their line up right there...and then probably their best player, Weiss also got injured, so that's 7 and not even counting their D. Does Montreal's position still seem so bad?

Khoram
12-25-2011, 08:39 AM
I seem to recall something about Florida having two lines when they played Ottawa Thursday night...their other two lines were supplied by their farm team, so that's 6 starters out of their line up right there...and then probably their best player, Weiss also got injured, so that's 7 and not even counting their D. Does Montreal's position still seem so bad?

Oh it does. We've lost our past what, five games? And we're playing terribly, too. At this rate, I don't see us making the playoffs this year.

Bryan Blaire
12-25-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm just gonna throw this on out there: What the hell is Ender's Game? At this point, I gather it was a book, Sci-Fi, with kiddies?

Cowboys and Aliens was a decent, fun movie.

GonzoTheGreat
12-25-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm just gonna throw this on out there: What the hell is Ender's Game? At this point, I gather it was a book, Sci-Fi, with kiddies?
Sort of the Mormon version of Starship Troopers, like, you know.

ShadowbaneX
12-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Disturbingly, yeah, Starship Troopers, but with kids, like 6 to 8 year olds, instead. Rough idea, Earth was attacked by this race simply called "the Buggers"...twice and in order to defend themselves there's pretty much a global war effort going on and to ensure that they've got top notch troops many kids are recruited to go to Battle School at the age of 6. Enter the eponymous Ender, a young super genius, and his part in the continued war.

Cowboys & Aliens wasn't bad...but I could say at best it was a popcorn flick.

Khoram: Bruins 8, Panthers 0. Need I say more?

Khoram
12-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Disturbingly, yeah, Starship Troopers, but with kids, like 6 to 8 year olds, instead. Rough idea, Earth was attacked by this race simply called "the Buggers"...twice and in order to defend themselves there's pretty much a global war effort going on and to ensure that they've got top notch troops many kids are recruited to go to Battle School at the age of 6. Enter the eponymous Ender, a young super genius, and his part in the continued war.

Cowboys & Aliens wasn't bad...but I could say at best it was a popcorn flick.

Khoram: Bruins 8, Panthers 0. Need I say more?

DEATH TO CHARA!!!

Yeah... I never minded him before the Pacioretty hit, but after that hit, he lost all credibility and respect, especially with the way he was conducting hswlf following the hit. Disgusting.

But that was in the past, and we must move on.

And Lucic and Horton are gorillas. Seriously, they both look like gorillas.

yks 6nnetu hing
12-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Speaking of Starship Troopers (the '97 movie was rather bad, but in the best possible way if that makes any sense): They're doing a remake (http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Starship-Troopers-Getting-Rebooted-28160.html).

I just hope they make it more like BSG and less like Avatar.

Davian93
12-27-2011, 06:58 AM

Cowboys and Aliens was a decent, fun movie.

You've never read Ender's Game?!?

You need to go read it NOW...and also NEVER EVER read any of the sequels as they are all terrible.

GonzoTheGreat
12-27-2011, 07:08 AM
You need to go read it NOW...and also NEVER EVER read any of the sequels as they are all terrible.
Maybe not all. It's possible that a sequel will be written which is actually good too. The author still lives.

Davian93
12-27-2011, 08:02 AM
Maybe not all. It's possible that a sequel will be written which is actually good too. The author still lives.

I remember giving Speaker for the Dead a chance...I was like, "This isn't that bad..." But then I picked up Xenocide and wanted to gouge out my eyes. Children of the Mind was never read...the "Shadow" novels just scream cheap money grab to me by going back to the Battle Room well with Bean instead of Ender for POV.

yks 6nnetu hing
12-27-2011, 08:20 AM
I remember giving Speaker for the Dead a chance...I was like, "This isn't that bad..." But then I picked up Xenocide and wanted to gouge out my eyes. Children of the Mind was never read...the "Shadow" novels just scream cheap money grab to me by going back to the Battle Room well with Bean instead of Ender for POV.

I liked the Ender sequels. Very much disliked the Bean outriggers though.

When I say "I liked the Ender sequels" I mean I liked them as SF in and of themselves. I generally dislike SF as a genre. As sequels to Ender, though, they were horrible compared to the original book.

ShadowbaneX
12-27-2011, 12:50 PM
I'd like to make a joke about scraping the bottom of the barrel but I think that would probably cause some idiot in Hollywood to actually make a movie about it.

SauceyBlueConfetti
12-27-2011, 01:11 PM
So... how'd this thread get debunked? Was it my fault?

wait wait wait wait wait WAIT JUST A DOGGONE MINUTE.

1. Never read Ender's Game either Bryan, so don't feel too badly.
2. Harrison Ford lost me at age 60 when he pierced his ear. Dude. Really?
3. The two above combined topics made me skip this thread for a while.
so....
4. when in holy high hockey sticks did this conversation turn into a hockey discussion?????? and no one TOLD ME?????

Maybe we need a new thread, but I am curious as to both your takes on the realignment. The firing a non frenchie thing is dumb, but understood to a point. Those Habs fans are the HCFF equivalent in the hockey world. Don't. Piss. Them. Off. and don't try to speak English to them. :D

Khoram
12-27-2011, 01:45 PM
wait wait wait wait wait WAIT JUST A DOGGONE MINUTE.

Those Habs fans are the HCFF equivalent in the hockey world. Don't. Piss. Them. Off. and don't try to speak English to them. :D

This. If you do piss them off, they'll do completely uncalled for things to you. :D

frenchie
12-27-2011, 03:57 PM
This. If you do piss them off, they'll do completely uncalled for things to you. :D

Like try to burn their city down?

Khoram
12-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Like try to burn their city down?

Your's, their own, anybody's.

Although they aren't as bad as Canucks fans when it comes to that. ;)

So the Habs won today, which was about time. How were the fans at said game, Sbx? They weren't too drunk and loud, were they?

Rand al'Fain
12-28-2011, 02:31 AM

I found the Ender's Shadow outriggers to be better (overall) than the Ender's Game sequels, and Ender's Shadow just gives another perspective on how things went down, along with a different background and character development than Ender, but that was just me.

Mort
12-28-2011, 06:46 AM
You've never read Ender's Game?!?

Speaker of the dead was pretty good I thought. The other ones totally lost me though.