PDA

View Full Version : Walking to Memphis...

pops taer
12-22-2011, 12:39 AM
Consolidation is really working here isn't it!!!

USPS is reportedly paying these contract companies $200 per hour as they sit and wait to get in to get unloaded. And the drivers get paid additionally via what the USPS calls "late slips."

http://www.savethepostoffice.com/mail-trucks-backed-memphis

Davian93
12-22-2011, 08:00 AM
You should take pleasure in the fact that your pension plan is now pre-funded for the next 75 years...a totally reasonable and smart request for Congress to make. It wasn't made to intentionally bankrupt USPS and then turn around and say "See, public entities simply cannot compete so we should shut them down". It also wasnt a complete money grab to still all the remaining liquid capital that USPS had for other gov't programs. Congress would never do such a thing.

GonzoTheGreat
12-22-2011, 10:32 AM
You should take pleasure in the fact that your pension plan is now pre-funded for the next 75 years...a totally reasonable and smart request for Congress to make. It wasn't made to intentionally bankrupt USPS and then turn around and say "See, public entities simply cannot compete so we should shut them down". It also wasnt a complete money grab to still all the remaining liquid capital that USPS had for other gov't programs. Congress would never do such a thing.
I'm sure there is a legal requirement for all other organizations* in the USA to have that long term pension plans too. And I'm also sure this is rigorously enforced.

* Written with a 'z' instead of an 's' to make sure it's legal.

Fin
12-23-2011, 10:25 PM
congress would never do such a thing????....... hm

you mean the same folks who gave money to companies after a country wide hell no but are quick to kick you out of your home. but no they wouldnt do that.

pops taer
12-24-2011, 05:57 PM
You forget that the USPS is a make your own way organization. No taxpayer dollars are funneled to the USPS. All other government entities in the U. S. are taxpayer funded. An additional side to the picture is that had the USPS been allowed to fund all the dollar programs in an "as you go" manner we would have shown the allowed excess in dollars over our 'break even' limit each year. So if the U.S. Congress would stay out of the Postal Service pocket, as they should have left Social Security alone, this situation would not be what it is. A governmental mess!!!! All the money grubbing thiefs in Washington just saw another way to line their pockets. OOOPSSSS!!!! I'm discussing politics here. No more!!! Thieving SOB's they are. CROOKS every one.

Pops

Davian93
12-24-2011, 06:04 PM
You forget that the USPS is a make your own way organization. No taxpayer dollars are funneled to the USPS. All other government entities in the U. S. are taxpayer funded. An additional side to the picture is that had the USPS been allowed to fund all the dollar programs in an "as you go" manner we would have shown the allowed excess in dollars over our 'break even' limit each year. So if the U.S. Congress would stay out of the Postal Service pocket, as they should have left Social Security alone, this situation would not be what it is. A governmental mess!!!! All the money grubbing thiefs in Washington just saw another way to line their pockets. OOOPSSSS!!!! I'm discussing politics here. No more!!! Thieving SOB's they are. CROOKS every one.

Pops

I completely and utterly agree with every single word of this statement.

Fin
12-28-2011, 06:03 PM
name something completely run by the government thats hugely successful. go on ill wait. considering how it was designed to be a checks and balances against each other i think most of em need to go and we start fresh

GonzoTheGreat
12-29-2011, 03:27 AM
name something completely run by the government thats hugely successful.
How about the protection against flooding in the Netherlands?
Sure, there have been occasional mishaps. But if you compare the records of the last 1,000 years against those of other countries where this kind of thing was left to business interests, then I would say that the government has done a lot better. Even the cases in the Netherlands which started out as commercial enterprises were eventually taken over in some way by the government, because commerce simply does not have a multi-century attention span.

Davian93
12-29-2011, 08:34 AM
name something completely run by the government thats hugely successful. go on ill wait. considering how it was designed to be a checks and balances against each other i think most of em need to go and we start fresh

National Highway system...