PDA

View Full Version : Raisings - Christmas, 2011

Tamyrlin
12-25-2011, 05:12 AM
Ok - finally. After a few fits and starts all year long, and thanks to your overwhelming patience (and hints at revolt) and the small amount of time I have to take a breath and get this done (ended up having to work almost the entire week), you are finally raised!

As happens, if I missed you for consideration, please send me a private message or email me at tamyrlinATtheoryland.com - it happens from time to time and I'm happy to rectify such. Don't be shy.

By the way, I ran out of time this morning to take a look at five possible Ancients and one possible Hero, but thought I'd get these out there. Without further caveats and explanations (beyond that it will take me a bit to get the Title changes finalized in the system and to get the password sent around to new Ancients)...

New Elders

AbbeyRoad
Alleluia-Cone
Arioch
Basel Gill
Casabamelon
Chubby Aiel
David Selig
Fdsaf3
Juan
Khoram
Kivo
Landro
Lupusdeusest
Maacaroni
Madgod
Mam A'Lemur
New Futurist Man
Rand al'Fain
Res_Ipsa
Sleepinghour
Subwoofer
The Unreasoner
Weiramon
Wunderwaffe
Zombie Sammael
bonzi77
gholam
looqas
sandoz12

Ancients

Kimon
Zanguini

Heroes

Anaiya
Brita
Cary
DahLliA
Matoyak
Nazbaque
Sarevok
TwoRiversWoman

Congrats to all of you - your freakish nature helps to make Theoryland a fun place for me to come to, to relax...and work...and avoid work, and avoid people at Theoryland that want me to do work.

And Merry Christmas (maybe I am Santa...)

DahLliA
12-25-2011, 05:28 AM
woah. I feel less old all of a sudden :p

EDIT: still says I'm an ancient thoough. so now I feel old again :(

Tamyrlin
12-25-2011, 05:30 AM
I will get to the rest...soon. :) Time for bed.

Tamyrlin
12-25-2011, 05:32 AM
woah. I feel less old all of a sudden :p

EDIT: still says I'm an ancient thoough. so now I feel old again :(

since you are here :)

Done.

DahLliA
12-25-2011, 05:47 AM
since you are here :)

Done.

thanks !

now I just need someone to sort out my hangover and life will be perfect :p

Lupusdeusest
12-25-2011, 07:09 AM
Woo! -flails arms-

ShadowbaneX
12-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Congrats to all the Raisees and Happy Holidays to all!

Zombie Sammael
12-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Yes! Levelled up! Thanks Tam.

Khoram
12-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Thank you very much, and congrats to everybody else that has been raised. I feel... I feel like a shiny new dollar (Canadian currency, that is ;)).

As far as I'm concerned, Tam, you're Santa. :D

Sarevok
12-25-2011, 05:54 PM
YAY! :)

Now there's a nice christmas gift! Thanks Tam! :D

tworiverswoman
12-25-2011, 06:13 PM
w00t!!!

I feel special! And a little bewildered, since I'm not a regular poster to the WoT boards, but, hey, it's a nice Xmas gift, all in all. :):):)

Thank you very much, Tam.:):D

And congrats to all of us.

Merry Christmas, to all.

So - we just got back from the Christmas Buffet in Waikiki...

"And finally, a wafer-thin mint," he said. "Oh, ma'am, it's only a tiny, little thin one," he said. "It's only wafer thin," he said.

~groan~

WinespringBrother
12-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Congratulations to all who were raised!

Terez
12-25-2011, 11:27 PM
It's been a while, hasn't it? Some Elders who seem like they should have been raised a long time ago, and some who seem a little...fresh. Kimon was the big surprise; nice to see a level head rewarded. (Ancient is the hardest raising to get.)

Khoram
12-26-2011, 02:33 AM
Does this mean that I'm no longer eligible for Zae's one-time Healing? :D

The Unreasoner
12-26-2011, 03:46 PM
That's an awful lot of raisings. I hope Ishara isn't too mad about all of the hats on the floor.

What are our new powers? Factions and rep for elders, access to forum-33 for ancients, and fast-track theory publishing for Heroes?

And, of course, many thanks to those who helped me get this.

(and major congrats to ZS: from First Among Younglings to First Among Elders in no time at all.)

Terez
12-26-2011, 04:20 PM
What are our new powers? Factions and rep for elders, access to forum-33 for ancients, and fast-track theory publishing for Heroes?lol. Heroes don't get fast-track publishing. People who know how to write theories get fast-track publishing.

And, of course, many thanks to those who helped me get this.
Don't get too excited; Elder is only a very small step above Youngling.

The Unreasoner
12-26-2011, 04:38 PM
lol. Heroes don't get fast-track publishing. People who know how to write theories get fast-track publishing.
Ouch. lol

I figured as much, but I thought it couldn't hurt to be gracious, especially because I am grateful. I can give rep now, which is kind of cool. Can I make polls?

(also, I have a question on music theory that I have taken everywhere to no avail. If your PM box isn't full, I'd appreciate you taking a look at it, even if your answer is only pointing me in the direction of a specific book. anything is more than I have now.)

Terez
12-26-2011, 04:48 PM
(also, I have a question on music theory that I have taken everywhere to no avail. If your PM box isn't full, I'd appreciate you taking a look at it, even if your answer is only pointing me in the direction of a specific book. anything is more than I have now.)My PM box has some space, but you could always ask here.

Weiramon
12-27-2011, 02:44 AM
Burn my eyes, while one of us has been raised based on their station in life as a Lord, it's clear the rest of you have raised based on mere merit.

yks 6nnetu hing
12-27-2011, 02:52 AM
I figured as much, but I thought it couldn't hurt to be gracious, especially because I am grateful. I can give rep now, which is kind of cool. Can I make polls?

as already said, the promotion to Ancient is really the biggest deal.

but, ahh, Elderdom: you can lord it over the Younglings while still feeling fairly fresh compared to the older inmates. You understand (most of) the inside jokes yet still get slapped down fairly regularly...

Congrats to all who got Raised!

So... Boss... no SuperHeroes?

Khoram
12-27-2011, 10:09 AM
as already said, the promotion to Ancient is really the biggest deal.

but, ahh, Elderdom: you can lord it over the Younglings while still feeling fairly fresh compared to the older inmates. You understand (most of) the inside jokes yet still get slapped down fairly regularly...

Well, no matter how high in the ranks we manage to get, we'll ALWAYS feel fairly fresh compared to the older inmates. ;)

fdsaf3
12-27-2011, 10:20 AM
I know that Elder is but a small step above Youngling, but this Raising means a lot. I'm all too aware of my shortcomings, and a part of me feels like I do not deserve this (small) promotion. I will do my absolute best to make the most out of this happy occurrence. Maybe one day I'll even look through the interview database before writing my thoughts/theories and having to continually eat humble pie because the answer I was looking for was easily searchable. :D

Also, to be honest, I'm not even sure how this process works. Is there a Hero or Ancient who nominated me to whom I should be quietly slipping payment?

In any event, thank you! :) :) :)

yks 6nnetu hing
12-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Also, to be honest, I'm not even sure how this process works. Is there a Hero or Ancient who nominated me to whom I should be quietly slipping payment?
Tam.

Sarevok
12-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Well, no matter how high in the ranks we manage to get, we'll ALWAYS feel fairly fresh compared to the older inmates. ;)

You are correct. :o

GonzoTheGreat
12-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Is there a Hero or Ancient who nominated me to whom I should be quietly slipping payment?
Just give it to me, and I'll make sure it will arrive at its correct destination. No paperwork, no hassle.

SauceyBlueConfetti
12-27-2011, 11:20 AM

Actually we all voted against you, but Tam is lazy and promoted you anyway :D juuuuuust kiddin'!!!

Congrats to all !

Zaela Sedai
12-27-2011, 04:21 PM

As it should be... LOL ;)

Maybe we'll work on Super Heroes for next time lol

Congrats everyone!:D

Terez
12-27-2011, 06:20 PM
I know that Elder is but a small step above Youngling, but this Raising means a lot. I'm all too aware of my shortcomings, and a part of me feels like I do not deserve this (small) promotion. I will do my absolute best to make the most out of this happy occurrence. Maybe one day I'll even look through the interview database before writing my thoughts/theories and having to continually eat humble pie because the answer I was looking for was easily searchable. :DWhat a novel idea!

Basel Gill
12-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Thanks!

Official Level 2 WoT geek!

Sei'taer
12-27-2011, 11:58 PM
I know that Elder is but a small step above Youngling, but this Raising means a lot. I'm all too aware of my shortcomings, and a part of me feels like I do not deserve this (small) promotion. I will do my absolute best to make the most out of this happy occurrence. Maybe one day I'll even look through the interview database before writing my thoughts/theories and having to continually eat humble pie because the answer I was looking for was easily searchable. :D

In any event, thank you! :) :) :)

It's kind of strange how it works. Someone gripes at Tam about doing raisings, he says he's going to get to it, then someone else nominates all the ones who should be raised and Tam puts the list away and forgets about it for a few months. Then someone else will bring it up and Tam will say that he's going to get to it, someone else will make a new list and add in all the ones that were forgotten the last time and then Tam will lose it again. Finally he'll get it all together and we'll make a list again and add in the newest names to the old and older names and Tam will finally make the list final, we all vote against everyone on the list for various reasons and then Tam will put everyone on the list through, unless he forgets and loses it again. Usually, we get all of this done pretty fast, like 10 to 12 months or so...sometimes longer if we can't be bothered and depending on how many times Tam loses the list.

fdsaf3
12-28-2011, 08:31 AM
What a novel idea!

See, I can't tell if this was sarcasm, a good pun, or crankiness.

Maybe all three. :D

Terez
12-28-2011, 08:32 AM
See, I can't tell if this was sarcasm, a good pun, or crankiness.

Maybe all three. :DSometimes it's all three, or what have you. Depends on my mood. Usually I hate puns, but this one is far-removed enough that it's not offensive. Nevertheless, this time it was only the first.

Anaiya Sedai
12-28-2011, 02:14 PM
I got raised, and I only just noticed!
but thank you. :-)

and sare is right, I will always feel like a noobie compared to the furniture around here. but I love ya.

SauceyBlueConfetti
12-28-2011, 02:55 PM
but your sig still shows Ancient. PM Tam and yell at him.

Tamyrlin
12-28-2011, 04:30 PM
It's kind of strange how it works. Someone gripes at Tam about doing raisings, he says he's going to get to it, then someone else nominates all the ones who should be raised and Tam puts the list away and forgets about it for a few months. Then someone else will bring it up and Tam will say that he's going to get to it, someone else will make a new list and add in all the ones that were forgotten the last time and then Tam will lose it again. Finally he'll get it all together and we'll make a list again and add in the newest names to the old and older names and Tam will finally make the list final, we all vote against everyone on the list for various reasons and then Tam will put everyone on the list through, unless he forgets and loses it again. Usually, we get all of this done pretty fast, like 10 to 12 months or so...sometimes longer if we can't be bothered and depending on how many times Tam loses the list.

This This!

Cary Sedai
12-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Ooooh I'm a Hero! :D And the hubby is just an Ancient! ;)

Zaela Sedai
12-30-2011, 04:38 PM
I tried to Rep you Bro...that.was.classic.

tsorovanmhael
12-30-2011, 10:58 PM
I sadly see I am a hero of the horn....I thought I was nae'blis of theoryland? I seriously would not answer the horns summons.....unless some TP was there

Kneel or be knelt

Frenzy
12-31-2011, 01:08 AM
Ho. Ly. Shite! Long time, bud! So long, in fact, that "Naeblis of Theoryland" is now the Uber Moderator for the boards. If you bring up that old title of yours, you'll just confuse everyone.

Not that that's a bad thing...

Isabel
12-31-2011, 03:11 AM
Yeah confuse them :) :)

GonzoTheGreat
12-31-2011, 04:33 AM
No, do not confuse them. Confuse means bewilder, and they're wild enough already. Peace, man!

PS Welcome back. It's interesting to see a HotH with a grand total of 5 posts.

Isabel
12-31-2011, 05:26 AM
No, do not confuse them. Confuse means bewilder, and they're wild enough already. Peace, man!

PS Welcome back. It's interesting to see a HotH with a grand total of 5 posts.

The newbs must think we are corrupt :D

GonzoTheGreat
12-31-2011, 06:38 AM
The newbs must think we are corrupt :D
Well, of course. If they didn't think that, they might not try to bribe us.

Terez
12-31-2011, 06:52 AM
Ho. Ly. Shite! Long time, bud!Apparently he gets his WoT fix, such as it is, on Facebook.

Davian93
01-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Congrats to all those who were raised.

Zanguini
01-01-2012, 08:33 PM
not to be a grinch but my title still says elder...

Khoram
01-01-2012, 08:43 PM

Well, now you can say that you're the most Ancient of Elders. :D You WERE previously the oldest Youngling.

Davian93
01-01-2012, 08:47 PM

Settle down, noob.

;)

Terez
01-01-2012, 08:48 PM
not to be a grinch but my title still says elder...Okay, I guess I'll break this one down. Tam has always been really slow about changing titles. I used to have all the threads bookmarked; now they get stuck in a redirect loop, and the search at yuku no longer works. Apparently it's a ton of work to do the whole list at once, and so if you're not paying enough attention to bug him about it, then he assumes that raising you was probably a mistake anyway. And he takes months to change them on the home page, if not years.

Davian93
01-01-2012, 08:52 PM
We still have a home page?

yks 6nnetu hing
01-02-2012, 02:39 AM
Okay, I guess I'll break this one down. Tam has always been really slow about changing titles. I used to have all the threads bookmarked; now they get stuck in a redirect loop, and the search at yuku no longer works. Apparently it's a ton of work to do the whole list at once, and so if you're not paying enough attention to bug him about it, then he assumes that raising you was probably a mistake anyway. And he takes months to change them on the home page, if not years.

lol, I went from Youngling to Hero in one go on the main page. 'course, I'd actually been a Hero on the Forums for a few years at that time, and my user name on the main page is not the same as here, because when I tried signing on in the forums the name I wanted was already taken...

anyways, T is right, it sometimes takes a while.

Kimon
01-18-2012, 11:01 PM
It's been a while, hasn't it? Some Elders who seem like they should have been raised a long time ago, and some who seem a little...fresh. Kimon was the big surprise; nice to see a level head rewarded. (Ancient is the hardest raising to get.)

Perhaps I'm just a pseudo-Ancient, since I still seem to be listed as an Elder. Though I apparently have been lurking so much of late rather than actually posting anything that I didn't even notice until now that I was possibly promoted.

Terez
01-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Perhaps I'm just a pseudo-Ancient, since I still seem to be listed as an Elder. Though I apparently have been lurking so much of late rather than actually posting anything that I didn't even notice until now that I was possibly promoted.lol, see above posts! I thought about PM'ing you but decided to see how long it took you to notice instead. :D

bowlwoman
01-22-2012, 03:13 PM
lol. Heroes don't get fast-track publishing. People who know how to write theories get fast-track publishing.

Or those who pay for self-publishing. :P

Damn. I need to get the lead out and start posting again. All the Younglings have caught up with me again.

Congrats to all who were raised!

Terez
01-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Damn. I need to get the lead out and start posting again. All the Younglings have caught up with me again.
Only if you think titles are everything. ;)

GonzoTheGreat
01-23-2012, 05:23 AM
Titles are like marshmallows: only important if you don't have enough of them.

Matoyak
03-21-2012, 03:36 AM
Apologies in advance for raising a dead thread, but I just noticed the raising, and wanted to show my appreciation. Thankee Tam! :)

bowlwoman
03-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Apologies in advance for raising a dead thread, but I just noticed the raising, and wanted to show my appreciation. Thankee Tam! :)

Raising the raisings? Nice.

Only if you think titles are everything. ;)

Well...yah!