PDA

View Full Version : GRRM new chapter

SauceyBlueConfetti
01-05-2012, 06:37 PM
New Chapter from Winds of Winter (http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html)

Res_Ipsa
01-05-2012, 07:18 PM
New Chapter from Winds of Winter (http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html)

And GRRM will spend a whole book telling us how Theon does not die and Dany will be out in the sticks all naked w/ her dragon while Tyrion wonders where whores go and Jaime accompanies Brienne back to the future.

I am not very inclined to think that the next book will accomplish anything.

Sinistrum
01-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Not too shabby. Stannis isn't as much of a fool as I've taken him for so far. And this also constitutes proof that Martin is actually working on the next book. HBO must be cracking the whip.

Terez
01-05-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm glad that came out while ADWD was still fresh in the brain. I couldn't get into the last batch of sample chapters because I'd forgotten so much (I did a re-read before reading ADWD). But it looks like we won't get another until July.

Davian93
01-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Just think, in 5-6 short years we'll have a whole bunch more cliffhangers to read.

fdsaf3
01-05-2012, 08:21 PM
I find that literally impossible to read on screen. I had to copy and paste to a text document to make it legible. Yuck. Being colorblind sucks.

Terez
01-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Just think, in 5-6 short years we'll have a whole bunch more cliffhangers to read.Eh, he seems to be a bit more motivated this time around. I read his blog post about it; apparently he's oblivious to the fact that most of the people who have been reading his books for years now were terribly disappointed with ADWD. But hey, if he has to ignore the criticism to get writing done, then whatever. I'm sure that, deep down inside, he knows it wasn't a great book.

Davian93
01-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Eh, he seems to be a bit more motivated this time around. I read his blog post about it; apparently he's oblivious to the fact that most of the people who have been reading his books for years now were terribly disappointed with ADWD. But hey, if he has to ignore the criticism to get writing done, then whatever. I'm sure that, deep down inside, he knows it wasn't a great book.

I mean, you have to understand that the Giants made the playoffs but the Jets had a rough year overall. Also, have you seen my new Westeros figurines...BUY A CALENDAR!!! Also, check out the latest Wild Cards collection...I also wrote the foreward to some crappy story/author you've never heard of and there are 75 conventions I will be at in the next week alone...and we just cast another person for Game of Thrones...sure, its just an extra but here are a bunch of photos from him.

Remember, he had extra material after aDwD was done that got pushed to Winds of Winter so this might just be from those extra chapters and he was releasing Dance chapters all the way back in 2005.

Sadly, the bastard has me as I will still buy Winds the day it comes out.

Basel Gill
01-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I mean, you have to understand that the Giants made the playoffs but the Jets had a rough year overall. Also, have you seen my new Westeros figurines...BUY A CALENDAR!!! Also, check out the latest Wild Cards collection...I also wrote the foreward to some crappy story/author you've never heard of and there are 75 conventions I will be at in the next week alone...and we just cast another person for Game of Thrones...sure, its just an extra but here are a bunch of photos from him.

Remember, he had extra material after aDwD was done that got pushed to Winds of Winter so this might just be from those extra chapters and he was releasing Dance chapters all the way back in 2005.

Sadly, the bastard has me as I will still buy Winds the day it comes out.

Last sentence. Mega-dittos Rush. Haha.