PDA

View Full Version : Canadia, the land of the deporter

Sei'taer
01-11-2012, 01:17 PM
What's wrong with you people? (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/rwandan-loses-16-fight-stay-canada-mugesera-deported-160554222.html)

Davian93
01-11-2012, 01:21 PM
How dare they deport someone accused of War Crimes.

Sei'taer
01-11-2012, 01:35 PM
I swear. Who do they think they are. Just because there's no black people there doesn't mean that the one can't stay.

Cor Shan
01-11-2012, 02:20 PM
We also deported some Chinese couple accused/convicted of identity theft.

Sei'taer
01-11-2012, 02:31 PM
I thought you were the nicest, most polite people on earth? What's going on up there?

confused at birth
01-11-2012, 02:39 PM
I thought you were the nicest, most polite people on earth? What's going on up there?

their brains have been frozen and no longer function at normal human levels

Khoram
01-11-2012, 05:54 PM

That's just a facade. We're really the most terrible of people in the world. And we control the US government, not the other way around.

Oh, and our frozen white north isn't quite as frozen (or white) as you may think it is. :eek: There's things going on up here that even I can't reveal. And I'm on a higher rung of the need-to-know ladder. :cool:

their brains have been frozen and no longer function at normal human levels

You're right. Our brains don't function at normal human levels. Because of the cold, we have to use more of our brain in order to stay warm, and thus they work at SUPERHUMAN LEVELS!

Res_Ipsa
01-11-2012, 07:07 PM
He should come to the USA, apparently we don't deport anyone anymore.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01/admin-extends-salvadoran-deportation-freeze-110304.html

Zaela Sedai
01-11-2012, 09:03 PM
That's just a facade. We're really the most terrible of people in the world. And we control the US government, not the other way around.
!

He's got a point. They have rigged it so that they can somehow just sit up there and let us do and take the blame for everything.

confused at birth
01-11-2012, 10:38 PM
You're right. Our brains don't function at normal human levels. Because of the cold, we have to use more of our brain in order to stay warm, and thus they work at SUPERHUMAN LEVELS!

I see how long until Mr. Shine arrives to take control of your broken nation ?:p

how long since you joined the Breccia? say hello to Chrysoprase for me:cool:.

been hit over the head by anyone interesting recently?

keep away from slab :mad:

are you any good at thud?

Figbiscuit
01-12-2012, 06:35 AM
I see how long until Mr. Shine arrives to take control of your broken nation ?:p

how long since you joined the Breccia? say hello to Chrysoprase for me:cool:.

been hit over the head by anyone interesting recently?

keep away from slab :mad:

are you any good at thud?

My god, you said something I could follow ;)

Tomp
01-12-2012, 07:47 AM

Ah, you suffer from it too.

We normally have to communicate with regular brained people, when talking to "non-frozen" people. But some have been ascended to our level after reading WoT for a number of years and now seems kind of normal (for us).

DahLliA
01-12-2012, 07:56 AM
cold usually slows things down though :p

Davian93
01-12-2012, 08:35 AM
He's got a point. They have rigged it so that they can somehow just sit up there and let us do and take the blame for everything.

http://foreveruntiltheend.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/CMC6o.jpeg

Zaela Sedai
01-12-2012, 10:14 AM
/sigh I can't rep you dav lol

yks 6nnetu hing
01-12-2012, 10:17 AM
but I can

that was funny :D

yks 6nnetu hing
01-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Actually, I remembered that I saw this today:

http://mthruf.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/job-fails-male-female-or-canadian-make-your-choice.jpg

Cor Shan
01-12-2012, 12:37 PM
cold usually slows things down though :p

It increases the power of electronics by decreasing resistance.

So apparently Canadians are cyborgs

Khoram
01-12-2012, 12:45 PM
It increases the power of electronics by decreasing resistance.

So apparently Canadians are cyborgs

Not even all Canadians realize this. They've been brought up thinking they're actual humans, but in reality, they aren't. It's like when Marcus Wright, in Terminator Salvation, discovers he's a Terminator - he always thought he was a human, but he wasn't, really.

confused at birth
01-12-2012, 01:12 PM
My god

relax you only have to call me god on sundays

Seeker
01-12-2012, 05:18 PM
What's wrong with you people? (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/rwandan-loses-16-fight-stay-canada-mugesera-deported-160554222.html)

We elected Harper to a Majority, that's what.

ShadowbaneX
01-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Who are you calling "We"? I sure as hell didn't vote for him or any of the people in his party. Granted, my area always goes Tory so it was essentially a wasted vote, but I voted against them anyway.

Khoram
01-12-2012, 07:08 PM

I don't know about you, but I voted Bloc. ;) All Quebecers want to separate from Canada, no? :D

It's weird, cause I'm either a very liberal Conservative, or I'm a very conservative Liberal. I haven't been able to make up my mind, yet. XD

Cor Shan
01-12-2012, 07:16 PM
I don't know about you, but I voted Bloc. ;) All Quebecers want to separate from Canada, no? :D

It's weird, cause I'm either a very liberal Conservative, or I'm a very conservative Liberal. I haven't been able to make up my mind, yet. XD

High five!

We need a party with two policies:
1) No deficit
2) No being a jerk.

Sukoto
01-12-2012, 07:43 PM

You're either a Libertarian or a Statist. Va manger ta soupe aux petits pois. :D

Ivhon
01-12-2012, 07:54 PM
You're either a Libertarian or a Statist. Va manger ta soupe aux petits pois. :D

Please to explain context?

Sukoto
01-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Please to explain context?
It means "go eat your pea soup." Khoram mentioned being Quebecois, so I decided to insert a random French phrase about pea soup. I've heard it's pretty popular over there. I could be mistaken, though. In which case my comment would probably seem utterly ridiculous to Khoram.

Khoram
01-12-2012, 10:15 PM
It means "go eat your pea soup." Khoram mentioned being Quebecois, so I decided to insert a random French phrase about pea soup. I've heard it's pretty popular over there. I could be mistaken, though. In which case my comment would probably seem utterly ridiculous to Khoram.

Either way it's utterly ridiculous. Most French sayings here are pretty ridiculous. ;)

But hey, I like pea soup, and seeing as it's cool outside with a snowstorm blowing, I just might do that. :D

Ivhon
01-13-2012, 12:04 AM

I could read the literal translation. I just thought it might be some nonsensical idiom known only to the Canadiench

Khoram
01-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Taberouette! Le temps a viré comme une anse de cruche! We went from freezing weather yesterday to a bloody snowstorm today! Even when I got up this morning, it was nice out. It was only once I had gotten to school and had been in class that the snow really started to come down, which is just as well, seeing as I barely managed to get to class on time today - I got there as class was starting at 8:45.

Figbiscuit
01-13-2012, 08:49 AM
I have ALWAYS wanted to visit Canada.

One day, one day...

Davian93
01-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Taberouette! Le temps a viré comme une anse de cruche! We went from freezing weather yesterday to a bloody snowstorm today! Even when I got up this morning, it was nice out. It was only once I had gotten to school and had been in class that the snow really started to come down, which is just as well, seeing as I barely managed to get to class on time today - I got there as class was starting at 8:45.

Dont worry, it will be brisk tomorrow night...the forecast is -9 for my town. That's -23 for you in Canadia.

Khoram
01-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Dont worry, it will be brisk tomorrow night...the forecast is -9 for my town. That's -23 for you in Canadia.

We're used to it - I was just complaining about how much the weather changed in a day. -23 is like spring for us. We're essentially the Borderlands. ;)

ShadowbaneX
01-13-2012, 02:22 PM
We're essentially the Borderlands. ;)

Well, save that the hordes of ravenous beasts threatening to invade are to the South of us...with that exception, yeah, essentially the Borderlands.

Tomp
01-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Taberouette! Le temps a viré comme une anse de cruche!

It's French http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRe_WE8ss1c ;)

Cor Shan
01-13-2012, 03:04 PM
It's minus 3. And going to snow.

confused at birth
01-13-2012, 03:31 PM
ahh clear blue skies, warm breeze what a wonderful day :p

Zaela Sedai
01-13-2012, 04:24 PM

Dude, I totally read "we elected a Harpy". And what's worse is that was yesterday and I didn't realize it til right now

ShadowbaneX
01-13-2012, 05:12 PM
It's minus 3. And going to snow.
it's been -3 & snowing all day here...actually, that's not entirely true. Overnight it was snow, then freezing rain, then more snow. There was 10 cm of snow that I brushed off my car, but underneath that was another 1 cm of snow and a layer of freezing rain in between. I had to brush off my car, then scrape off the extra frozen stuff underneath. What's worse is that it's still snowing out there and my car is probably buried again.

The best part is I'm about to go out, so now I get to drive in this weather. =D

Khoram
01-13-2012, 06:17 PM
it's been -3 & snowing all day here...actually, that's not entirely true. Overnight it was snow, then freezing rain, then more snow. There was 10 cm of snow that I brushed off my car, but underneath that was another 1 cm of snow and a layer of freezing rain in between. I had to brush off my car, then scrape off the extra frozen stuff underneath. What's worse is that it's still snowing out there and my car is probably buried again.

I love driving in this weather! It's exhilarating! :D

And it's -5 right now and snowing. We got about 15 cm last night. I had to clear my driveway completely because the guys never came - other companies were out, but the company we employed weren't out until hours after I finished shoveling.

It wasn't that bad out except for the storm - the day before was much colder. It'll be even colder tomorrow.

Davian93
01-13-2012, 07:53 PM

Is that like 3-4 inches? We have about 4-5 inches at my house so far...which is a light flurry most of the time but we havent had snow up to this point so its been fun. We usually get about 150 inches a year.

ShadowbaneX
01-13-2012, 11:43 PM
Is that like 3-4 inches? We have about 4-5 inches at my house so far...which is a light flurry most of the time but we havent had snow up to this point so its been fun. We usually get about 150 inches a year.
yeah, that's about the same here, only our annual snowfall is about (checks wiki) 93 inches a year.

Sukoto
01-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Taberouette! Le temps a viré comme une anse de cruche!

You've reminded me of one of my favorite things about the Québécois: their swear words. Sacrament de maudit tabernacle de ciboire d'ostie!

No offense intended. I don't have a good grasp on how bad those words really are. I just think they're hilarious. :D

Khoram
01-14-2012, 08:07 PM
You've reminded me of one of my favorite things about the Québécois: their swear words. Sacrament de maudit tabernacle de ciboire d'ostie!

No offense intended. I don't have a good grasp on how bad those words really are. I just think they're hilarious. :D

None taken. They're pretty bad, but it's okay. They are hilarious. When we swear in France, they get confused as to why we're tslking about the tabernacle and the like. :D