PDA

View Full Version : WO Apprentices and other questions...

rahvin2j3
01-15-2012, 04:42 PM
1.) I was wondering what would be Kiruna, Sashalle, Seonid and Masuri's behavior by the time they go back to the Tower. Are they going to "defer" to the stronger women in the tower? or are they going to impose their "pride."

2.) Almen felt a pull at the start of TOM. Is it an urge to follow Rand or a "magnet" that pulls out the inner power waiting to be released (saidin).

3.) How are the WO dreamwalkers going to release Eg as an apprentice when there are only three of them. The requirement is four. Are they going to do that? or is Eg the first apprentice to just walk away from it?

Landro
01-16-2012, 05:04 AM
1. They might try to start an argument about the merits of strength based hierarchy but they will conform to it. They're only a small group after all.

2. I don't know

3. Savanna declared herself to be a WO without approval from any others. That seemed enough for others to treat her like a WO. Then again, I doubt if the dreamwalkers would have trouble finding a 4th WO to confirm Eqwene as WO.

Weiramon
01-16-2012, 02:11 PM
This Almen Bunt fellow appears to have secured his rule and gathered an army for war, and has marched it to the pastures of Merrilor.

Zombie Sammael
01-16-2012, 03:00 PM
4. There is a thread (http://theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6205) for this sort of thing, you know.

Frenzy
01-17-2012, 12:20 AM
On #3, there are more than 3 Wise Ones, and all that's needed to raise or release an apprentice is Wise Ones, not specifically Dreamwalkers.

and Landro? Sevanna DID have approval of the Wise Ones, if only tacit. Therava and the others didn't smack her down for claiming to be a Wise One, so they pocket-approved her status.

greatwolf
01-24-2012, 03:10 AM
#1 Egwene is now Amyrlin and WO trained. If they cant fit in, she can find them jobs as "ambassadors" to the WOs or something. But a lot depends on who survives TG and the relations between the channeling groups. The reason for setting up the WT was to keep the channelers under a central authority and there'll certainly be pressure for that to happen after TG.

#3 We aren't told anywhere that there are only 4 dreamwalkers iirc but we could check. Certainly the number must have varied somewhat over the centuries since Rhuidean. Perhaps the requirement for four dreamwalkers does not exist. A woman is usually apprenticed to only one WO normally though.

greebo
01-29-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't post very often, but I think the answer to the Almen thing is that SuperRand is also even more Ta'veren than he was before. I think he bends the pattern so strongly now that it's physically hard to resist him at this point.

GonzoTheGreat
01-30-2012, 04:45 AM
I don't post very often, but I think the answer to the Almen thing is that SuperRand is also even more Ta'veren than he was before. I think he bends the pattern so strongly now that it's physically hard to resist him at this point.
Egwene manages it, and I think that the (other) Forsaken could resist that influence too. Apart perhaps from Lanfear/Cyndane, but that's for a somewhat different reason.

Zombie Sammael
01-30-2012, 06:43 AM
Egwene manages it, and I think that the (other) Forsaken could resist that influence too. Apart perhaps from Lanfear/Cyndane, but that's for a somewhat different reason.

This hadn't occurred to me until I read this, but is it still a safe assumption that Mierin is attracted to Rand? She's in a new body, and Aran'gar's tastes were obviously altered by the body swap. On the other hand, she certainly gave every impression of being attracted to Rand in his new body, so maybe she is...

GonzoTheGreat
01-30-2012, 06:55 AM
This hadn't occurred to me until I read this, but is it still a safe assumption that Mierin is attracted to Rand? She's in a new body, and Aran'gar's tastes were obviously altered by the body swap. On the other hand, she certainly gave every impression of being attracted to Rand in his new body, so maybe she is...
Maybe she'll fall for Galad too, just like Berelain. Wonder what Faile would say about that.