PDA

View Full Version : Daisy Chains, etc.

Green Man 22
01-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Two quick questions:

1. Can a sul'dam hold more than one channeler at a time with a'dam?

I can't recall any instance of this happening, but I am just curious if there is any information regarding whether it is possible.

2. What would happen if a sul'dam leashed another sul'dam who was connected to a damane? Would they gain control over both channelers?

Terez
01-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Two quick questions:

1. Can a sul'dam hold more than one channeler at a time with a'dam? Yes, Tuon did it in KOD. You need an a'dam for each, though.

What would happen if a sul'dam leashed another sul'dam who was connected to a damane? Would they gain control over both channelers?
Don't know.

Landro
01-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Two quick questions:

1. Can a sul'dam hold more than one channeler at a time with a'dam?

I can't recall any instance of this happening, but I am just curious if there is any information regarding whether it is possible.

2. What would happen if a sul'dam leashed another sul'dam who was connected to a damane? Would they gain control over both channelers?

1. Tuon did this while traveling with Mat when the marath-damane kept bothering her.

2. This hasn't happened in the books to my knowledge but those who know Suldam can be controlled are very tight lipped about it so it's doubtful if anybody's willing to experiment with it.

eht slat meit
01-17-2012, 12:28 PM

I'm betting the answer to that would be no to both as the sul'dam cannot channel. May -learn- to, yes, but if I understand the gist of things, they test for those who can channel by using the a'dam. Anyone it doesn't work on is unaffected, and ... according to their limited knowledge... not a channeler.

I wouldn't rule out all effects whatsoever, as we've seen that it appears to kill male latents by feedback, but null results seem to be the most probable scenario.

Lupusdeusest
01-17-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm betting the answer to that would be no to both as the sul'dam cannot channel. May -learn- to, yes, but if I understand the gist of things, they test for those who can channel by using the a'dam. Anyone it doesn't work on is unaffected, and ... according to their limited knowledge... not a channeler.

I wouldn't rule out all effects whatsoever, as we've seen that it appears to kill male latents by feedback, but null results seem to be the most probable scenario.

Damn! You just burst the bubble containing my a'dam daisy chain image.

eht slat meit
01-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Damn! You just burst the bubble containing my a'dam daisy chain image.

I've always considered the girls on a leash thing more creepy than kinky and envision a whole chain of them more along the lines of something out of Human Centipede.

maleshub
01-17-2012, 09:16 PM
I was under the impression that Sul-dame became susceptible to the adam after extended exposure to the power through the damane.

suttree
01-17-2012, 09:53 PM
I was under the impression that Sul-dame became susceptible to the adam after extended exposure to the power through the damane.

Sul'dam/"Learners" have to work with damane for a very long time for the adam to work on them. They have to be on the brink of being able to channel on their own.

DragonCon 3 September 2005 - Emma reporting

Emma: Can the a'dam hold every sul'dam?
RJ: The a'dam can only hold sul'dam who have been sul'dam for a long time and so wearing the bracelet for a long time. Four months for example isn't enough. He said the circle helped them get to the point that's described in the book, as being on the brink of being able to channel, one foot stepped over or something [Winter's Heart Ch. 8].

Green Man 22
01-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. The thought popped into my head that a DF channeler could possibly force non-DF channelers to turn other channelers to the shadow by force-linking them through a'dam.

I guess this would still be possible, but the DF channeler would need at least 12 a'dam.