PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

Sinistrum
08-13-2008, 10:53 AM
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=58590

Think it will actually happen this time? Also, I'm not sold on the format of it either unless they do something similar to what Peter Jackson did with LotR's. If they dumb it down to an hour and a half movie about walking a lot, I'm going to really be pissed.

Terez
08-13-2008, 10:53 AM
ha, someone never checks General. :D

Birgitte
08-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Larry Mondragon

... I accidently changed that guy's name to Mandragoran when I read it the first time.

tworiverswoman
08-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Rick Selvage and Larry Mondragon will produce for Red Eagle Entertainment, which published graphic-novel adaptations of Jordan's books. Even if you don't make it Mandragoran, you gotta admit that it's a cool name to have associated with WoT. :)

However, that said, just because they have the film rights doesn't mean squat. I can't conceive of ANY film doing this story right. You would have to purge them of probably 90% of the "extra" storylines just to make them fit in any reasonable time frame.

Mat and Perrin would be bit parts, and the story would center on Rand and the three girlfriends. The 13 Forsaken would be trimmed to 4 -- Moridin, Lanfear, Semi and Asmo. There wouldn't be any use for the others. The split in the Tower would be dropped. Probably the entire Seanchan invasion would be scrapped. The Aiel would be reduced to two competing tribes -- with the Shaido working directly for Moridin.

Stuff like that...

Ptui!

Gilshalos Sedai
08-14-2008, 07:37 AM
THe only real way to do it is Episodic TV, ala LOST and BSG.

Ozymandias
08-14-2008, 09:44 PM
would it even be possible to create a decent WoT, in movie OR TV form? Think of the personnel costs... there are at LEAST 30 speaking parts which you could not get rid of without taking something important out of the books. And you think of all the sets they'd have to create... the financial outlay would be insane.

When I make my first billion, I promise you all I will begin production on WoT ;)