PDA

View Full Version : Cool flowchart

halo6819
01-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Reddit user Shagomir has started a nifty flow chart to show the locations of major characters from EOTW-aCOS
http://i.imgur.com/d1is0.png

Oden
01-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Some misspellings, which are expected, but calling Asmodean Asmodeus every time is kind of bad IMO. Calling the world Rand, Loial and Hurin travels in a Parallel World instead of a Mirror World is really bad. The rest is really good, I don't think anything more was wrong and it was easy to follow.

halo6819
01-27-2012, 04:55 PM
The guy said spell check kicked Asmodean, and he will fix it in later drafts. I'll let him know about mirror/parallel.

Sarevok
01-27-2012, 04:58 PM
You know what just hit me?

Rand had never been to Tar Valon, ever, before he made his announcement to Egwenen about breaking the seals. :eek:
That just makes him walking in there all by himself all the more awesome. :D

Fin
01-27-2012, 05:19 PM
regardless of what any of the aes sedai say how can you attack rand in tar valon after one of the things you were fighting for was you just knew elaida would and did screw it up.

Great Lord of the Dark
01-27-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm a big fan of graphs. Reading this one is fairly intuitive. By sacrificing the map and using a time function along the vertical axis, Shagomir gains a lot of clarity. Instead of color coding the books, he could try color coding the character's lines so you don't have to flip up and down to see what that line represents.A blue Moiraine line would run like a thread down the entire chart, weaving in and out of the other coloured lines it interacts with. That might still be messy with even a dozen main charcters,and I note some of the minor characters aren't followed the whole way through, but can still have lines of their own (Logain and Alliandre). So if the places aren't critical to understanding, I'd ditch them and leave them as labels throughout the graph, but make the focus on who is interacting with who,a nd limit it to a set number of characters, such as the original party that he began with.

It all depends on whether he wants the focus to be the locations, or the interactions.

Anyway, it's still really cool.

GonzoTheGreat
01-28-2012, 04:15 AM
You know what just hit me?
The thing that hit me when looking at that graph was that Min had time to visit the Dark Friend Social. Interesting, that, isn't it?

wireguy
01-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Nice flow chart. The colors corresponding to the books is nice as it would get muddled and confusing if you tried to color code by character groups. I'd like to see the rest of it if/when it's completed.