PDA

View Full Version : Moraine killed Asmodean?

Toad
01-31-2012, 04:52 AM
She did get three requests from the finns, and who knows what she may have seen in Rhuidan. . . Just throwing it out there to see what you guys think.

Daekyras
01-31-2012, 05:50 AM
She did get three requests from the finns, and who knows what she may have seen in Rhuidan. . . Just throwing it out there to see what you guys think.

A lot of people seem to think it is graendal that killed Asmo.

Can't seem to remember why though. Something about it been written in the books...

DahLliA
01-31-2012, 05:53 AM
A lot of people seem to think it is graendal that killed Asmo.

Can't seem to remember why though. Something about it been written in the books...

my sarcasm-sense is tingling

but yeah. it says in the appendix of Towers of Midnight(or was it TGS?) that Graendal did it

Daekyras
01-31-2012, 05:56 AM

but yeah. it says in the appendix of Towers of Midnight(or was it TGS?) that Graendal did it

It's TOM and you have an excellent sixth sense!

Toad
01-31-2012, 05:57 AM
oops, missed that. Thanks

Daekyras
01-31-2012, 06:03 AM
oops, missed that. Thanks

In fairness toad it is still somewhat open for debate and Moiraine was a popular character for quite a while.

Oh, and welcome to theoryland. :)

Dajoran
01-31-2012, 06:28 AM
Can the Finn's exit their world? Or kill someone outside their world?

It's just - even if it wasn't Graendal... Moiraine was already through the doorway assumed as dead.

I'm not sure she would use up one of her demands to leave the Finn realm just to kill a forsaken.

Let alone, after she was kinda letting Rand away with using him all along anyway.

Toad
01-31-2012, 06:36 AM
Perhaps Moraine's request was to be allowed out long enough to kill him and return. She may have seen something during her trip to Rhuidan that showed Asmodean betraying Rand that forced her into it. That was kinda my thought process on it.

Dajoran
01-31-2012, 06:47 AM
Perhaps Moraine's request was to be allowed out long enough to kill him and return. She may have seen something during her trip to Rhuidan that showed Asmodean betraying Rand that forced her into it. That was kinda my thought process on it.

I understand that thinking, I do. But if that was the case she would have been better off mentioning it in the letter than using up one of the Finn demands on it. Instead she delivers a warning:

Lastly, be wary too of Master Jasin Natel. I cannot approve wholly, but I understand. Perhaps it was the only way. Yet be careful of him, He is the same man now that he always was. Remember that always.

If I were Moiraine and I had seen visions of a gleeman killing/betraying my Dragon the last line of that letter would have been very LTT-esque.

Lastly, be wary too of Master Jasin Natel. I cannot approve wholly, but I understand. Perhaps it was the only way. However... KILL HIM... KILL HIM WITH FIRE.... BALEFIRE!!!

finnssss
01-31-2012, 08:58 AM

ToM and there is also the conversation between her and Shadar Haran in the Epilogue where he/it blames her in the deaths of 3 of the Forsaken.

We know two for sure in Mesaana and Aran'gar. Process of elimination leaves...Asmodean as the third.

GonzoTheGreat
01-31-2012, 09:44 AM
We know two for sure in Mesaana and Aran'gar. Process of elimination leaves...Asmodean as the third.
Not necessarily. She could've been using the Mirror of Mists to impersonate Moiraine in the Stone of Tear. :D

Landro
01-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Can the Finn's exit their world? Or kill someone outside their world?

It's just - even if it wasn't Graendal... Moiraine was already through the doorway assumed as dead.

I'm not sure she would use up one of her demands to leave the Finn realm just to kill a forsaken.

Let alone, after she was kinda letting Rand away with using him all along anyway.

Yeah, the Finn can leave their world like they did when they left Mat hanging in ruidean

csarmi
01-31-2012, 01:10 PM
They didn't have to leave their world for them. I believe that they tied it to the Ashenderei and threw him out.

Dajoran
02-01-2012, 04:13 AM
Yeah, the Finn can leave their world like they did when they left Mat hanging in ruidean

But if they can - what stopped them from just opening another hole in the side of the Tower of Ghenjei jumping out and killing to death Mat and Moiraine?

Landro
02-01-2012, 04:55 AM
But if they can - what stopped them from just opening another hole in the side of the Tower of Ghenjei jumping out and killing to death Mat and Moiraine?

It might not be that easy to travel from one world to another.

Dajoran
02-01-2012, 05:06 AM
It might not be that easy to travel from one world to another.

I'd assume that easiness is a moot point. If they were able to go the extra mile to decorate Avendesora for Christmas... frenzied killing - I think they'd fashion up a Ashandarei masterkey, I would assume they would already have one.

Toad
02-01-2012, 05:10 AM
Perhaps they are bound by a different set of rules that prevent them from leaving without it being part of a bargain? They are part of another realm, so who knows what rules may apply?

GonzoTheGreat
02-01-2012, 05:15 AM
A (seemingly) relevant answer which RJ once gave:
Week 1 Question: Are the Eelfinn limited in their power to grant wishes? To what degree can they affect the outside world? Also, is there any relation between what the Aelfinn do and Min's ability?

Robert Jordan Answers: Oh, yes, there definitely are limits to the powers of the Eelfinn. For one thing, they cannot affect the outside world at all. If you said that you wanted to be King of the World, you might well find that what you received was not what you expected. For example, they might put you out of their world into a world with no other sentient life, where you would be king by default. Then again, you might find yourself with the necessary skills to make yourself King of the World, if you were able. Actually achieving it would be up to you. But then, many of their "gifts" are skewed in this way. You must be very careful is you're asking if you want to receive what you are hoping for. And yet, remember that Mat actually did receive very much what he asked for. Just not in the way that he wanted.

No, there is no connection between what the Aelfinn do and what Min does.

Daekyras
02-01-2012, 08:59 AM
They didn't have to leave their world for them. I believe that they tied it to the Ashenderei and threw him out.

I don't know why but I found this hilarious. Imagine that they missed!

Finn 1: SSSSean, you fool. Go get him.
Finn 2: Ffffuck off, You distracted me when I was throwing.Crazy neck.
Finn 1: the eldersss will ssskin usss for this.
Finn 2: Skin you maybe, make a nice belt...
Finn 1: We can't actually go out can we?
Finn 2: Nah, get the rope. I knew that cowboy course would come in handy someday.
Finn 1: Oooh, how was that? I've always wanted to go but never had the time.

Finns 1 and 2 Burst into laughing cause of course they exist outside of time.