PDA

View Full Version : There is justice

SonofElvis
02-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Alabama loses money (http://news.yahoo.com/alabama-immigration-crackdown-costs-state-11-bln-study-155547677.html)

Terez
02-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Much like Florida's drug-testing for welfare program.

Fin
02-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Much like Florida's drug-testing for welfare program.

I totally agree with this. If the government is paying you to not work at least you can be drug-free.

Terez
02-01-2012, 10:09 PM
LOL. And that's why a lot of stupid people thought the law was a good idea. But the only reason the law was passed was because people assumed that most people on welfare were on drugs. So Florida spent all that money, and less than 2% of the people tested actually failed. So it spent shit-tons of money for nothing. The cost of the program outweighed the savings by several hundred percent.

PS - I think the law is bullshit so long as marijuana remains illegal. Unless they're also testing for alcohol. Hair-testing, mind.

PPS - Most people on welfare have jobs. Do try to educate yourself before making stupid comments on here.

Fin
02-01-2012, 11:15 PM
LOL. And that's why a lot of stupid people thought the law was a good idea. But the only reason the law was passed was because people assumed that most people on welfare were on drugs. So Florida spent all that money, and less than 2% of the people tested actually failed. So it spent shit-tons of money for nothing. The cost of the program outweighed the savings by several hundred percent.

PS - I think the law is bullshit so long as marijuana remains illegal. Unless they're also testing for alcohol. Hair-testing, mind.

PPS - Most people on welfare have jobs. Do try to educate yourself before making stupid comments on here.

a lot of people here are on drugs and welfare besides my wife is on unemployement and wont touch drugs.

fdsaf3
02-01-2012, 11:19 PM
To receive welfare assistance, do you need to have a permanent address? I'm just wondering since I'm not up to snuff on the requirements. Also, are we talking TANF/other benefits?

Davian93
02-02-2012, 07:24 AM

A majority of people on welfare are white too...something the modern GOP seems to forget when they mention welfare queens and getting "the blacks" off welfare.

Also, I'm telling William Randolph Hearst on you!

Davian93
02-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Alabama loses money (http://news.yahoo.com/alabama-immigration-crackdown-costs-state-11-bln-study-155547677.html)

FWIW, Georgia also had to let crops rot in the field thansk to this crackdown (they passed a similar bill and suddenly no migrant workers would come to the state and the legal residents werent about to take jobs harvesting crops). All the farmers were suddenly against the crackdown they previously supported...and somehow it was the federal gov'ts fault?

Good plan!

Frenzy
02-03-2012, 02:43 AM
there's something not quite cricket when it's cheaper to break the law than to comply with it.

then again, paying farm workers minimum wage is regressive because it hurts the poor by raising food prices.

any other social woes we can kvetch about?

GonzoTheGreat
02-03-2012, 04:13 AM
any other social woes we can kvetch about?
Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?

Davian93
02-03-2012, 07:21 AM
then again, paying farm workers minimum wage is regressive because it hurts the poor by raising food prices.

Easy enough...tax the wealthy and then subsidize food prices. We already do this to some extent anyway with farm subsidies.

GonzoTheGreat
02-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Easy enough...tax the wealthy and then subsidize food prices. We already do this to some extent anyway with farm subsidies.
But if you tax the wealthy, don't they then stop creating jobs? :confused:

Davian93
02-03-2012, 07:29 AM
But if you tax the wealthy, don't they then stop creating jobs? :confused:

Meh...we'll tax them more and then use that money to create federal jobs. And if they try to leave the country, we'll take their passports away.

Terez
02-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Can't we just break their knees?

GonzoTheGreat
02-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Can't we just break their knees?
Would that create jobs?
We could try, of course. It might work.

Terez
02-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Would that create jobs?Well, the AMA controls the number of doctors allowed to graduate med school, so probably not.

SonofElvis
02-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Would that create jobs?
We could try, of course. It might work.

New job: Rich Person Knee Breaker. Or we could go all Early Greek and cut their Achilles Tendon.

Crispin's Crispian
02-03-2012, 11:01 AM
New job: Rich Person Knee Breaker. Or we could go all Early Greek and cut their Achilles Tendon.

oooh...then we could hire them to wheel about the fields and pick stuff.

Problem solved in a fantastically poetic way!

Gilshalos Sedai
02-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Hey, cut that out, you commies. I want to be a rich, best-selling author. You gonna break MY kneecaps?

SonofElvis
02-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Hey, cut that out, you commies. I want to be a rich, best-selling author. You gonna break MY kneecaps?

Personally, I am waaayyy too scared of you.

Terez
02-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Hey, cut that out, you commies. I want to be a rich, best-selling author. You gonna break MY kneecaps?Only if you outsource your employees to India.

Gilshalos Sedai
02-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Only if you outsource your employees to India.

Considering the closest thing to employees I'll have is characters... doubt that'll happen. Unless one of the characters turns up Indian... :D

@ SoE: LOL