PDA

View Full Version : For all my friends with a phone addiction

yks 6nnetu hing
02-03-2012, 05:24 AM
Enjoy!

http://chzautocowrecks.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/mobile-phone-texting-autocorrect-lady-boner-killer.jpg

http://chzautocowrecks.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/mobile-phone-texting-autocorrect-go-sit-in-the-corner.jpg

http://chzautocowrecks.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/mobile-phone-texting-autocorrect-jesus-will-get-head-out-of-your-head.jpg

http://chzautocowrecks.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/mobile-phone-texting-autocorrect-self-poortraits-soon.jpg

http://chzautocowrecks.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/mobile-phone-texting-autocorrect-but-uh-if-you-want-to-do-it-sexually-then-thats-fine-too.png

GonzoTheGreat
02-03-2012, 05:28 AM
My comment on the last one: wrong "you're" again.

DaiShan1981
02-03-2012, 06:05 AM
Haha :)
I'm afraid I do reach for my phone upon waking... The others, not yet, but sometimes close! Hard to imagine what life was like not five years ago when phones hardly had internet, mail or FB.
Let alone the pre-cell phone age where you actually had to show up at the time you agreed upon beforehand :eek:

GonzoTheGreat
02-03-2012, 06:24 AM
Let alone the pre-cell phone age where you actually had to show up at the time you agreed upon beforehand :eek:
If you look even farther back into prehistory, then you'll see a time when people didn't even have "time" yet, so then they really did not have any excuse for being late at all.

Ishara
02-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Ha ha! Auto-correct is awesome...

Gilshalos Sedai
02-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Ha ha! Auto-correct is awesome...

Yes, yes it is. (http://damnyouautocorrect.com/)

Figbiscuit
02-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Yes, yes it is. (http://damnyouautocorrect.com/)

I managed to get to page four before I was laughing/crying to hard to see. LOVE IT! :D

confused at birth
02-03-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm afraid I do reach for my phone upon waking

Me to but only because itis my alarm so I pick it just long enough to kill the noise then put it down again and go back to sleep

I managed to get to page four before I was laughing/crying to hard to see. LOVE IT!

Have you never seen it before?
I think most people go there the first time read it until they cry to badly to see anymore or get a headache then add it to their favs

Crispin's Crispian
02-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Me to but only because itis my alarm so I pick it just long enough to kill the noise then put it down again and go back to sleep

I think most people go there the first time read it until they cry to badly to see anymore or get a headache then add it to their favs

I believe many of them are fake, though I have been quite surprised by what my phone sometimes comes up with. Still, no computer on earth would come up with "penis" instead of "pizza," etc. :rolleyes:

Terez
02-03-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't have a phone.

confused at birth
02-03-2012, 03:02 PM
believe many of them are fake, though I have been quite surprised by what my phone sometimes comes up with. Still, no computer on earth would come up with "penis" instead of "pizza," etc.

my phone used to guess at a word after three letters based on previous texts or similar words in its memory and had nothing to stop it putting swear words in.

I killed that quick but it makes me believe most of them are real, they dont post any they think are fakes

Gilshalos Sedai
02-03-2012, 03:06 PM
I believe many of them are fake, though I have been quite surprised by what my phone sometimes comes up with. Still, no computer on earth would come up with "penis" instead of "pizza," etc. :rolleyes:

Depends on how badly you mangle "pizza."

Mine has had some... interesting... corrections. Fortunately, the "good ones" have actually gone to Bryan. Who just laughs at me.

Tomp
02-03-2012, 03:40 PM
When typing COAL

It can be both ANAL (short for anally retentive obviously) and COCK (Which is a rooster obviously). ;);)

Figbiscuit
02-04-2012, 05:40 AM
Strangely, I am probably more likely to type either anal or cock, than coal.

*goes off to have word with self*

Figbiscuit
02-04-2012, 05:42 AM

Nope, never. Got an email recently with loads on which made me laugh so hard I snotted, but never seen that site. For me, I always proof read my texts before sending :eek:

confused at birth
02-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Nope, never. Got an email recently with loads on which made me laugh so hard I snotted, but never seen that site. For me, I always proof read my texts before sending

well typos should be everywhere in england right now since everyone on my TV is shaking.

Hows the weather?
Its been 20°C with clear blue skies all week here

Tomp
02-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Hows the weather?

I've got the blue skies (although it's dark now). The temperature here is about -20°C.

In Farenheit that is, let's see:
formula is °F = 1,8 * °C + 32

= 6,7 °F

so about 7°F

DaiShan1981
02-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Um, no you did that the wrong way around. 20C is more like 68F.

Tomp
02-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Um, no you did that the wrong way around. 20C is more like 68F.

I have MINUS (as in negative) 20°C.

But when I count it again I see as I was wrong.

It's actually -4°F

Durvasha
02-04-2012, 05:58 PM
He was converting -20C :D (Edit: sniped)

I think there was a mistake somewhere too. It should be only 6F (Edit: 4F actually) not 6.7 F.

On another note, my school life would have been much easier if Europe, US and England used the same system of measurement. It is never fun to try to convert between some units you have never used, just because some developed countries use them. Not to mention studying Engineering Mechanics in SI and having text books in Imperial units.

DaiShan1981
02-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Oops, sorry! On my little phone screen there was a line break after the minus so I missed it...

Figbiscuit
02-05-2012, 12:47 PM
well typos should be everywhere in england right now since everyone on my TV is shaking.

Hows the weather?

There was some snow last night, finally! I hear there are parts of the country struggling, which means they'll have had at least 2" :rolleyes:, but it's mostly melted where I am now :mad:

confused at birth
02-05-2012, 12:57 PM
There was some snow last night, finally! I hear there are parts of the country struggling, which means they'll have had at least 2" , but it's mostly melted where I am now

BBC news says some parts got 6" but I am not sure where.

I know its a lot just don't brag to the Canadians they will beat you.:D

Figbiscuit
02-05-2012, 01:05 PM

We attempted to drive over the moors to a nearby town last night and had to give up cos there was 6" on the roads on the tops and it was still coming down. More concerned that we wouldn't be getting home later.

The problem with the snow in this country is that it has no staying power. It comes, it stays one night, the weather warms up again, it melts. It's very rare to get snow which falls for more than one day consecutively. Or it is in Yorkshire anyway.

I am jealous of the snow in Canada :(

Sarevok
02-05-2012, 02:45 PM
The problem with the snow in this country is that it has no staying power. It comes, it stays one night, the weather warms up again, it melts. It's very rare to get snow which falls for more than one day consecutively. Or it is in Yorkshire anyway.

We usually have the same problem... Except right now: we're having this nice cold spell going that makes great skating ice. And then 5 inches of snow comes along to make a great mess of things. :(

Tomp
02-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I think it's kind of funny that you complain about your horrible winters.

This is from last year.

http://www.lidkopingsnytt.nu/foton/2010/02/snoai.jpg

Mort
02-05-2012, 09:45 PM
I use my phone as an alarm clock. Not using my phone when I wake up is hard :)

This is from last year.

http://www.lidkopingsnytt.nu/foton/2010/02/snoai.jpg

In what part of the country, or city for that matter, do you live?

Khoram
02-05-2012, 10:09 PM
I am jealous of the snow in Canada :(

There's another reason to come to the New World. ;)

We have a good bit of snow; haven't been keeping track, but we had a decent snowfall a couple of days ago. As long as the snow doesn't fall during the weekend, I'm fine (cause I do private contracting during the weekends).

We've had far worse in the past, though. One time there was so much snow, and on a weekend, too, that by the time I had finished shovelling (cause the snowblower is temperamental and likes to quit on me as soon as I get far enough away from the garage to make it extremely difficult to push it back :mad:)I was completely covered in snow from head to foot, and I had to shovel myself back brcause of how hard it was falling. I wasn't very happy following that weekend.

ETA: Oh, and I don't use the alarm on my phone - I use an old-fashioned alarm clock. I turn my phone off every night. I do, however, (when it has battery power) check my Ipod in the morning. But only when there's still some power left.

Tomp
02-06-2012, 06:12 AM
In what part of the country, or city for that matter, do you live?

Uddevalla.
Snow cannons hit us from the North sea when the wind is coming from the west and from Vänern when the wind is coming from the east or north east.

Fortunate so far this year (with the snow).

Where do you and Universum live?
Not in the far north I hope, they had minus 48°C the other day.

Sarevok
02-06-2012, 06:50 AM

Oh, I'm not complaining. It's the best winter in 15 years! It's just the snow that needs to stay the hell up there in Scandinavia! :mad:

Figbiscuit
02-06-2012, 07:38 AM

I'm not complaining about our horrible winter, I'm complaining about the lack of it!! This country's weather is pathetic. I'd much rather we got proper snow, at least then we'd have the equipment to deal with it. As it is, we get a little bit and the country falls apart because nobody knows how to cope. Frankly, it's embarassing.

And then summer comes along, and it rains all the time...:rolleyes:

There's another reason to come to the New World. ;)

One day...one day...

yks 6nnetu hing
02-06-2012, 07:56 AM
http://chzautocowrecks.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/mobile-phone-texting-autocorrect-well-thats-ironic.jpg

http://chzautocowrecks.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/mobile-phone-texting-autocorrect-circumcise-all-the-documents.gif

http://chzautocowrecks.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/mobile-phone-texting-autocorrect-thats-not-the-only-thing-that-sucks.jpg

Ishara
02-06-2012, 09:25 AM

We've barely had that ALL winter, nevermind in one go! Last year there was enough snow for my husband to build himself a massive snow wall out of recycling bin bricks*, this year the shovels have been woefully underemployed.

*we have a very big drive and a very small front year, so snow needs to managed both horizontally and vertically as much as possible.

confused at birth
02-06-2012, 12:51 PM
We've barely had that ALL winter, nevermind in one go! Last year there was enough snow for my husband to build himself a massive snow wall out of recycling bin bricks*, this year the shovels have been woefully underemployed.
QUOTE]

Everyone got snow last year I had a foot of the stuff in some places. they shut down the schools and colleges and the next day all the kids were outside, for about ten minutes then they got cold and went back in:D

[QUOTE]
*we have a very big drive and a very small front year, so snow needs to managed both horizontally and vertically as much as possible.[/

Why dont you compress it into a ramp, yes your cars will slide down it and into the road but it would save time wasted trying to get rid of it

Ishara
02-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Why dont you compress it into a ramp, yes your cars will slide down it and into the road but it would save time wasted trying to get rid of it

I'm not sure I understand. The drive has to be clear to allow access to both the garage and the front walk/ steps/ door. We have a sidewalk that also requires clearing, and the driveway already has a slope to the street from the sidewalk. Where would this snow ramp go?

I just spent a lot of time drawing something up in Paint to illustrate, but can't host it anyweher right now, so that was a giant waste of time. LOL Suffice itto say that a snow pyramid would be the only alternative that would sway him away from his wall. ;)

Terez
02-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Uddevalla.
Snow cannons hit us from the North sea when the wind is coming from the west and from Vänern when the wind is coming from the east or north east.

Not in the far north I hope, they had minus 48°C the other day.If I remember correctly, Mort goes (went?) to school in the south but is from the far north.

Mort
02-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Uddevalla.

Not in the far north I hope, they had minus 48°C the other day.

From Luleå originally, they had/have around minus 30 :) Living in Linköping now, only about minus 10-18 :)

confused at birth
02-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure I understand. The drive has to be clear to allow access to both the garage and the front walk/ steps/ door. We have a sidewalk that also requires clearing, and the driveway already has a slope to the street from the sidewalk. Where would this snow ramp go?

Up to the side of the garage then you just park on the roof:p

Crispin's Crispian
02-06-2012, 02:06 PM

I just spent a lot of time drawing something up in Paint to illustrate, but can't host it anyweher right now, so that was a giant waste of time. LOL Suffice itto say that a snow pyramid would be the only alternative that would sway him away from his wall. ;)

Cool! I'd love a snow pyramid.

Then people driving up could go,

Naive Passenger 1: "It seems to be heading for that small pyramid.
Wise Passenger 2: "That snow pyramid."

Ivhon
02-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Cool! I'd love a snow pyramid.

Then people driving up could go,

Naive Passenger 1: "It seems to be heading for that small pyramid.
Wise Passenger 2: "That snow pyramid."

I just gagged...

Ishara
02-06-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm sure something went over my head there, but to have a snow pyramid with a slope that enabled driving up it, the base would need to be far larger than our tiny front yard allows. It would have be quite a steep-sloped pyramid by the very nature of the square footage of its footprint.

confused at birth
02-06-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm sure something went over my head there, but to have a snow pyramid with a slope that enabled driving up it, the base would need to be far larger than our tiny front yard allows. It would have be quite a steep-sloped pyramid by the very nature of the square footage of its footprint.

Use the road and other peoples gardens then

Have you taken to much cough meds if you cannot remember if you had jeans on at work or is it ok to keep using it because this cold is killing me?

Brita
02-06-2012, 02:47 PM
I commented on my best friend's facebook picture of her 5 year old daughter dressed up as Belle to go see Beauty and the Beast on stage. I wanted to write "Awwww!" (she looked so adorable) and my iPod corrected it to "Asses!" I did catch it before I hit enter, thank god.