PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go....

Gilshalos Sedai
02-03-2012, 12:57 PM
:confused:

Teen Angst Zombie Love Affairs (http://io9.com/5855704/first-look-at-teen-zombie-romance-movie-brings-up-some-serious-necrophilia-issues)....

Because sparkling vampires aren't enough.

Ishara
02-03-2012, 12:58 PM
I've actually heard some fairly positive things about these books...

Gilshalos Sedai
02-03-2012, 01:00 PM
http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/129145980065363434.jpg

Gilshalos Sedai
02-03-2012, 01:02 PM
I've actually heard some fairly positive things about these books...

I've heard positive things, too. It's the UNDEAD ROMANCE thing that makes me want Alice from RE to drop in and pay them a visit.

Frenzy
02-04-2012, 12:45 AM
http://static.themetapicture.com/media/funny-Edward-Cullen-Dracula-Tinkerbell.jpg

ShadowbaneX
02-04-2012, 01:37 AM
http://static.themetapicture.com/media/funny-Edward-Cullen-Dracula-Tinkerbell.jpg

That's a very small picture Frenzy.

Tomp
02-04-2012, 03:00 AM

Teen Angst Zombie Love Affairs (http://io9.com/5855704/first-look-at-teen-zombie-romance-movie-brings-up-some-serious-necrophilia-issues)....

Because sparkling vampires aren't enough.

I hate that they have ruined vampires as a viable SCARY and CREEPY monster for many years. Vampires have instead of that become your slightly troubled gayish friend.

Concerning the article about the necrophilia issues, there might be some merits of necrophilia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B_Yw-JAnuw)after all. :eek:

DahLliA
02-04-2012, 07:11 AM
what is this I don't even.

now they're gonna ruin zombies too?

Gilshalos Sedai
02-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Yes, yes they are.

Sei'taer
02-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Woohoo.

Zombieland 2, here we come!

Davian93
02-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Woohoo.

Zombieland 2, here we come!

I would support such an effort.

Zombie Sammael
02-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Bit disappointed to see so much prejudice against Zombies here. I mean come on guys, I post here.

SonofElvis
02-04-2012, 12:59 PM
I actually read the advance of Warm Bodies. It was okay. Started out really well, and establishes a decent premise, in that it doesn't do away with the "Zombie as killing machine" idea, just adds some things to make it romantic. The idea is that the reason Zombies eat brains is because it allows them to experience that person's life, and thus be "alive" for a brief time, at least in memory. A guy eats the brain of a teen that is wildly in love with a girl in the room, and experiences all of the memories of that relationship. Kind of a cool idea, but then, of course, it gets sappy and (I started to say "unrealistic," but that expands my geek nametag to cover my entire body, so let's got with) inconsistent.

Tomp
02-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Bit disappointed to see so much prejudice against Zombies here. I mean come on guys, I post here.

That's the reason for our prejudice. :p

Gilshalos Sedai
02-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I actually read the advance of Warm Bodies. It was okay. Started out really well, and establishes a decent premise, in that it doesn't do away with the "Zombie as killing machine" idea, just adds some things to make it romantic. The idea is that the reason Zombies eat brains is because it allows them to experience that person's life, and thus be "alive" for a brief time, at least in memory. A guy eats the brain of a teen that is wildly in love with a girl in the room, and experiences all of the memories of that relationship. Kind of a cool idea, but then, of course, it gets sappy and (I started to say "unrealistic," but that expands my geek nametag to cover my entire body, so let's got with) inconsistent.

I don't have an issue with that concept as you mention it. My squick reflex kicks in if there's any..... Let's say "contact" .....between the zombie and this girl.

Sei'taer
02-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Tea, coffee, lemonade, that kind of thing. Unless you're talking about the other kind of go, then it's turnip greens, sauerkraut, boiled cabbage, really spicy food.

SonofElvis
02-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I don't have an issue with that concept as you mention it. My squick reflex kicks in if there's any..... Let's say "contact" .....between the zombie and this girl.

There is. That's when it all falls apart. While he's under the influence, he can't kill her. Then it goes Jack and Jill.

SonofElvis
02-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Tea, coffee, lemonade, that kind of thing. Unless you're talking about the other kind of go, then it's turnip greens, sauerkraut, boiled cabbage, really spicy food.

What in the HELL are you talking about? Do you even know what site you're on?

Davian93
02-04-2012, 06:48 PM

I assumed he was just listing the things you have to eat to become a zombie.

confused at birth
02-04-2012, 06:52 PM

squick I learnt a new word today yay

It might be the hangover cure that he needs to drink so he can make sense when posting

Frenzy
02-04-2012, 11:52 PM
it's things that make Sei'taer go. Hasn't he posted enough of his flatulent alimentary escapades for you to recognize that?

GonzoTheGreat
02-05-2012, 03:55 AM
You mean, like, you know ... grilled zombie?

Zombie Sammael
02-05-2012, 06:04 AM

STOP. NOW.

Khoram
02-05-2012, 07:16 AM

GAHH! MY EYES!

Sei'taer
02-05-2012, 11:59 AM

I originally thought this thread was about zombies, then I reread the title and it said "things that make you go..." so instead of editing my post to match the thread, I left the original and added a new post describing what makes me go.

C@B- even my drunk posts are proportionately better than the non-capitalized and unpunctuated tripe some are known for posting. Even in my current state of hungoverness, I'm doing very well.

Khoram
02-05-2012, 02:35 PM
I originally thought this thread was about zombies, then I reread the title and it said "things that make you go..." so instead of editing my post to match the thread, I left the original and added a new post describing what makes me go.

C@B- even my drunk posts are proportionately better than the non-capitalized and unpunctuated tripe some are known for posting. Even in my current state of hungoverness, I'm doing very well.

And we applaud you for your ability to perform under pressure. :D

Sei'taer
02-05-2012, 03:48 PM
And we applaud you for your ability to perform under pressure. :D

Last night was one of those nights where my beer just kept running out and I was still thirsty, so I tried a little (lot) of Patron to try to cure my thirst. It didn't work so I kept on with the beer. All in all it was 11 beers and 8 shots of tequila. My wife says it was more than that, but I'm only counting 8, plus the other things we all drank like runplemint, which is like scope and not something I'd ever try again, a margarona, which I guess counts as another beer, and some really nasty vodka that I can't remember the name of.

It was a good night and a nice way to work off the worry of the past couple of weeks.

Gilshalos Sedai
02-07-2012, 10:55 AM
There is. That's when it all falls apart. While he's under the influence, he can't kill her. Then it goes Jack and Jill.

Wait, what? :eek:

SonofElvis
02-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Yep. All falls down, and SPOILER ALERT:

turns out love cures Zombie.

Zombie Sammael
02-07-2012, 05:43 PM

But I'm not sick... I am a bit drunk though.

I had the hiccups earlier, they're gone now. Have I fallen in love?

SonofElvis
02-07-2012, 05:51 PM
But I'm not sick... I am a bit drunk though.

I had the hiccups earlier, they're gone now. Have I fallen in love?

Yes. ESPECIALLY if you're drinking.

Gilshalos Sedai
02-08-2012, 07:52 AM

~regains consciousness~ Sorry, I facepalmed so hard I gave myself a concussion.

Surely you can't be serious?

And shouldn't you be disturbed by knowing this?

DahLliA
02-08-2012, 09:09 AM
http://www.cracked.com/funny-1807-stephenie-meyer/

eht slat meit
02-08-2012, 11:40 AM
http://www.cracked.com/funny-1807-stephenie-meyer/

Wow, not up to the usual quality of Cracked.com articles. Looks more like an angry blogger than a genuine humor piece.

Gilshalos Sedai
02-08-2012, 12:41 PM
No... I think the most surprising (and infuriating) thing about that article is she only got 8(!), EIGHT fucking rejections.

Davian93
02-08-2012, 12:55 PM
No... I think the most surprising (and infuriating) thing about that article is she only got 8(!), EIGHT fucking rejections.

She also said she likes to write from the feminist perspective. So modern feminism consists of placing oneself in an abusive relationship with a stalker regardless of the costs to yourself and everyone around you?

Good deal!

Sei'taer
02-08-2012, 12:59 PM

I threw a shitball at a piece of paper and I got a rejection letter. Then I wrote twilight because I had a wet dream about a shitball hitting a piece of paper.

Davian93
02-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Would a Twilight/Sword of Truth crossover novel (tentatively titled Sword of Sparkles) co-written by Goodkind and Meyer be the worst fantasy novel ever written?

I also assume that such a novel would be a sign that the Endtimes are nigh.

Gilshalos Sedai
02-08-2012, 01:06 PM
It would be a sign that I need to stop writing.

GonzoTheGreat
02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Would a Twilight/Sword of Truth crossover novel (tentatively titled Sword of Sparkles) co-written by Goodkind and Meyer be the worst fantasy novel ever written?
Probably not. Which is not a particularly happy thought, I admit.

SonofElvis
02-09-2012, 12:59 AM

It would be the fantasy equivalent of Fergie's "My Humps."

Sei'taer
02-09-2012, 08:51 AM
I just knew someone was going to compare it to Rick Astley and the old Rickroll.

Fergie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ) seems the better choice though.

Zombie Sammael
02-09-2012, 09:15 AM

Worst... or best.