PDA

View Full Version : Ok - Saw this, had to share

Tamyrlin
02-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Twitter

Ryan Seacrest
Fact. RT @Jenna_Beans @RyanSeacrest in love with your pinterest grilled cheese board. what's better than grilled cheese? Nothing.

----

Don't have much time these days, but this was priceless enough that it warranted a moment to post. Hope everyone is doing well, and I hope to see you all at JordanCon, because I'm sure by then I'll be able to take a break. You know you should be there. Just make it happen. Especially all of you Ancients and Heroes. No excuses. Free t-shirts! :)

Isabel
02-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Woohoo, free t shirts ;)

DaiShan1981
02-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Great to hear you're coming, Tam. Crazy to think I'll finally meet you after ten years. To think how your board (and of course the people on it) has affected my life during that time is really mind-boggling.

[EDIT] and I don't mean just the grilled cheeses.

Figbiscuit
02-04-2012, 06:45 AM

:D

We should have a 'like' option for posts a la fb.

GonzoTheGreat
02-04-2012, 07:23 AM
We should have a 'like' option for posts a la fb.

We do have a "report post" button, which is fairly similarly, I think.

Sarevok
02-04-2012, 08:29 AM

Wouldn't that be more like a "dislike" function?

GonzoTheGreat
02-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Like, dislike, there's only a very thin line between the two sometimes. If they were really all that different, then FB would also have a "dislike" option, wouldn't it?

Ishara
02-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Isn't the rep button essentially a like button?

DaiShan1981
02-04-2012, 11:04 AM
I thought that's what the points were for? The repping or whatever it's called.
Oh, yeah, hint. Hint. Nudge.

:p

[Edit]looks like Ishara beat me to it...

Zombie Sammael
02-04-2012, 11:31 AM
It seems a lot of the recently raised Elders haven't discovered the "rep" button yet (it's at the top, and looks like a pair of scales) while some of us were gagging for it (hence Youngling Rep).

Khoram
02-04-2012, 11:51 AM
It seems a lot of the recently raised Elders haven't discovered the "rep" button yet (it's at the top, and looks like a pair of scales) while some of us were gagging for it (hence Youngling Rep).

How would you know? Do you have special access to the amount of rep given out by Elders as the Elderest Elder? :D

Zombie Sammael
02-04-2012, 12:56 PM
How would you know? Do you have special access to the amount of rep given out by Elders as the Elderest Elder? :D

Elderest Elder is a much better title than "First Among Younglings". Although I do miss being First Among Younglings (calculated by rep).

Frenzy
02-04-2012, 01:41 PM
When you all are sitting around in the lobby, relaxing & enjoying how awesome the TL horde is, someone better pick up a damn phone and call me.

Oh, you also can call me during the trivia contests :D

The Unreasoner
02-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Heh.

The Unreasoner
02-04-2012, 04:10 PM

Elderest Elder sounds retarded. 1AE: 1st Among Elders is Zombie's title

Zombie Sammael
02-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Elderest Elder sounds retarded. 1AE: 1st Among Elders is Zombie's title

I think the "titles" ought to be First Among Younglings for Younglings (currently the_collective, though I expect Eht Slat Meit will overtake him very soon) and Elderest Elder for Elders. Ancients and above are too cool to care about rep, so they don't get competitive titles that we just made up. Anyway, it's not like anyone's ever going to make them official.

Sukoto
02-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Twitter

Ryan Seacrest
Fact. RT @Jenna_Beans @RyanSeacrest in love with your pinterest grilled cheese board. what's better than grilled cheese? Nothing.
Does anyone else think Tweets are f-ing painful to read? Just look at that thing above. It, like 95% of all Tweets I see, is not even a sentence. I see two names in there, one right after the other, each with that annoying @ sign. I have no idea what RT means. I hate Twitter. I wish it would die.

Zaela Sedai
02-05-2012, 12:50 PM

Sure you don't......

Tams best quote ever "I'm not just responsible for marriages, I'm responsible for people getting laid!".

Zaela Sedai
02-05-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm totally with frenzy. Get us on speaker during the trivia contests. LOL. Pops? Dai? CALL ME!!!!

Figbiscuit
02-05-2012, 01:59 PM

Leads to bullying, so they say.

Isn't the rep button essentially a like button?

Ahem. An excellent point :o

*goes off to rep Dai*

Gilshalos Sedai
02-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Does anyone else think Tweets are f-ing painful to read? Just look at that thing above. It, like 95% of all Tweets I see, is not even a sentence. I see two names in there, one right after the other, each with that annoying @ sign. I have no idea what RT means. I hate Twitter. I wish it would die.

Language nazi. :p

ETA: Yes, I am aware of the irony in this. That's why it's funny.