Go PATS.

Cor Shan
02-05-2012, 04:44 PM
You misspelled GIANTS.

It's go GIANTS.

ShadowbaneX
02-05-2012, 07:11 PM
*yawn*

So, anything interesting to watch on tv tonight?

Mort
02-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Big dissapointment that Pats didn't win. Good game though, intense until the very last second. Some pretty horrid mistakes from both teams though.

Khoram
02-05-2012, 10:45 PM
I still can't get over the in-bound catch. I enjoyed the game.

And my team won, so it was a good day. :D

ETA: the only good thing about the Halftime show was the lighting (which, might I add, was done by a company from Montreal).

Ivhon
02-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Any time the Pats lose (except to Tebow) is a blessed time.

All the more sweet that Timmy-Tom and Bellicheat are robbed of their second straight Superbowl by a highly under-rated Eli and Giants team.

So the Pats end up 1-5 against good teams this year. One hopes that next year, the pundits will not start jerking off over Tebow/Romo/Brady when they only look impressive against the dregs of the NFL.

Cor Shan
02-05-2012, 11:13 PM
That was a hell of a game. :)

GonzoTheGreat
02-06-2012, 05:39 AM
And apparently there was once again a censorship malfunction (http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/16902971):
"It was a spontaneous gesture that our delay system caught late."

Mort
02-06-2012, 05:40 AM
ETA: the only good thing about the Halftime show was the lighting (which, might I add, was done by a company from Montreal).

Not particularly in to Madonna, but her dancers were pretty bad ass. That guy on the rope was just cool.

The commercials were mostly pretty meh as well, no one was really good I thought.

Terez
02-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Jon Stewart should be in a good mood tonight.

Zaela Sedai
02-06-2012, 07:39 AM
:(

Zombie Sammael
02-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Anyone see the Avengers trailer in the middle of it? Or are people on these boards not that interested in fantastic tales of outlandish and colourful individuals with strange and fantastic powers performing feats of derring-do in the face of overwhelmingly powerful and evil villains?

No?

Davian93
02-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Congratulations to Eli Manning...who is now officially an elite NFL QB. The list of QBs with 2 rings is very short and he's now on it. Its about time he gets the recognition he deserves...he's simply a big game player.

Davian93
02-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Anyone see the Avengers trailer in the middle of it? Or are people on these boards not that interested in fantastic tales of outlandish and colourful individuals with strange and fantastic powers performing feats of derring-do in the face of overwhelmingly powerful and evil villains?

No?

NERD ALERT!!!

No, it looked pretty good actually.

The Great Serpent
02-08-2012, 08:32 PM

No?

There will be no hijacking of football threads for nerdy talk of awesome avengers trailers. Ya hear?

Something to replace Tebowing, however (http://bradying.com/)...

That Manningham Catch was phenomenal.

Best part of the weekend was my (literally! I own them!) Green Bay Packers opening as the Super Bowl Favorites for next season.

Yellowbeard
02-08-2012, 10:43 PM
re: halftime show

is anyone else sick of musical acts that may or may not be any good during the super bowl halftime?

how about something different? a cirque de solei show. or a special blue collar comedy show with all new material that is football focused.

oh wait...it's the NFL. there'd have to be creative marketing people involved that can think beyond some women in scantily clad outfits. never mind.

AbbeyRoad
02-08-2012, 10:52 PM
how about something different? a cirque de solei show.
I might actually watch a Superbowl halftime show if it was Cirque de Solei.

Yellowbeard
02-08-2012, 11:45 PM
I might actually watch a Superbowl halftime show if it was Cirque de Solei.

I know,right?

I saw La Nouba years back, and at first was like, WTF is this? then the show got going and i was like "holy sh&t!". Such a cool experience!

They could squeeze in a 30 minute half time performance.

Or maybe those Kung Fu monks.

bowlwoman
02-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Or maybe those Kung Fu monks.

In panda costumes.

Dreamworks can be a corporate sponsor.

Zombie Sammael
02-09-2012, 11:49 AM
NERD ALERT!!!

No, it looked pretty good actually.

My mistake. Obviously none of the people who regularly post on an internet message board about a series of fantasy novels are nerds.