PDA

View Full Version : New curse words

Tomp
02-05-2012, 04:37 PM
I got inspired by the Ta'veren tees shirt with curse words of WoT.
I thought we might come up with some new ones. I don't mean for WoT, but for us to use in our modern world.
You may create combinations of existing words or invent completely new ones.

I'll start.

Ball-wrangler
Arse-gravy
Turd-chewer

Now it's your turn

(maybe someone with authority can erase the exclamation in the title)

Zombie Sammael
02-05-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm really starting to get sensitive about all this Zombie stuff.

To be absolutely clear: no-one is grilling me, either with cheese or otherwise.

Tomp
02-05-2012, 05:45 PM

Oh, sorry. :(

I edited it out

Zombie Sammael
02-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Oh, sorry. :(

I edited it out

...dude, I obviously wasn't actually offended. Anyway, if anyone on this board wants to be a zombie-shagger that's between me and them, surely?

eht slat meit
02-06-2012, 09:21 AM

How about pickling with well-water?

Zombie Sammael
02-06-2012, 10:21 AM
How about pickling with well-water?

I don't even know what that would entail. And no, I don't want to. You can keep your "water" based activities to yourself. :p

Sinistrum
02-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Barbara Streisand.

Firseal
02-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Grap frollo freolameoana fri aolopleb shivi hes idnamial grodsil goh riemana rinel goh shinalb droanba.

Once you start to speak in tongues - it is a learnable skill! - you learn cussing is more about tone and inflection, not to mention vehemence, than it is the actual words sometimes.

I used 'Guigirheigrok mon tons' as an actual growled curse for a couple years, and trust me. People may have had no idea what it meant (since it is gibberish, though it was fun to ask them afterwards what language I was speaking) but they could pick up the tone enough to guess that at least one of the words was... somewhat naughty.

So it isn't what you say. It's how you say it.

You can cuss with the word 'puppy' if you say it pithy enough.

SonofElvis
02-06-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm a big fan of using any compound noun as an insult. Personal faves, as used in a sentence, include:

Shut up, dumptruck.
What are you looking at, coalminer?
Hi there, trainwreck!

Also:
grindstone, doormat, lightbulb, toothbrush

eht slat meit
02-06-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't even know what that would entail. And no, I don't want to. You can keep your "water" based activities to yourself. :p

Walking Dead reference missed. /sadface

Rand al'Fain
02-07-2012, 03:08 AM
Son of a monkey's uncle!

Okay, that was lame.

yks 6nnetu hing
02-07-2012, 03:52 AM
You can cuss with the word 'puppy' if you say it pithy enough.

I had a Scottish (female) coworker who would every now and then say "sugar" with such emphasis

Terez
02-07-2012, 04:03 AM
I had a Scottish (female) coworker who would every now and then say "sugar" with such emphasisHow does that work? Does she speak Dutch, and just converse in English every now and then, or is it an English-speaking workplace? Or do you speak Dutch to the Dutch and whatever with everyone else? (I'm assuming you speak Dutch; I seem to recall you have 8 languages or something like that, and even if you didn't before I assume you've been there long enough.) When I was visiting, everyone I met spoke English unless they had to discuss where the hell we were and where the hell we were going, at which point they (meaning Gonzo and Sare, or Gonzo and The Other Sander) would speak Dutch to each other to figure it out. Everyone on the streets spoke English, though every now and then it was quite rudely. (Like that guy in the cigarette shop. Screw him.) So I wonder about these things sometimes. Amsterdam was much more English-speaking than Vienna, and Vienna was pretty English-speaking.

yks 6nnetu hing
02-07-2012, 04:15 AM
How does that work? Does she speak Dutch, and just converse in English every now and then, or is it an English-speaking workplace? Or do you speak Dutch to the Dutch and whatever with everyone else? (I'm assuming you speak Dutch; I seem to recall you have 8 languages or something like that, and even if you didn't before I assume you've been there long enough.) When I was visiting, everyone I met spoke English unless they had to discuss where the hell we were and where the hell we were going, at which point they (meaning Gonzo and Sare, or Gonzo and The Other Sander) would speak Dutch to each other to figure it out. Everyone on the streets spoke English, though every now and then it was quite rudely. (Like that guy in the cigarette shop. Screw him.) So I wonder about these things sometimes. Amsterdam was much more English-speaking than Vienna, and Vienna was pretty English-speaking.

It was an English-speaking working environment. Owned by 2 Dutch guys and a Norwegian girl, we had: A Scot, an Englishman, 3 Dutchies (incl. the 2 owners), a Norwegian, a Lithuanian, Me, a Hungarian and 2 Spaniards (though we used to have 4 - in those days the language you'd hear most in the office was actually Spanish).

My current job, I'm the only non-Dutch person. Though all the emails and documentation still needs to be English, the working language is actually Dutch.

Terez
02-07-2012, 04:24 AM
Is Spanish one of your 8? :)

yks 6nnetu hing
02-07-2012, 04:53 AM
Is Spanish one of your 8? :)

I can understand simple conversation but can't actually speak it:p I'm only fluent in 3 and if needed can speak 2 more, really so 8 is a bit of an overstatement.

Zombie Sammael
02-07-2012, 05:32 AM
I had a Scottish (female) coworker who would every now and then say "sugar" with such emphasis

"Sugar" is a common euphemism for "shit" in the UK.

Walking Dead reference missed. /sadface

Ah, sorry, not seen it (I'm actually not that big of a zombie fan, the handle is for a different reason).

I'm a big fan of using any compound noun as an insult. Personal faves, as used in a sentence, include:

Shut up, dumptruck.
What are you looking at, coalminer?
Hi there, trainwreck!

Also:
grindstone, doormat, lightbulb, toothbrush

The UK TV show Peep Show does amazing things with this. In one episode the character Mark calls someone a "Jizzcock" then thinks that it was a stupid insult and he might as well have called them a "Piss kidney". Of course, later on he uses piss kidney.

My favourite, and most extreme expression of displeasure, is "shitting cock". Because whichever way you look at it that's not good.

Tomp
02-07-2012, 06:02 PM
I struck gold.

THE RANDOM INSULT GENERATOR (http://www.insults.net/html/odd/random.html) :D

Khoram
02-07-2012, 08:14 PM
I just tend to go Yosemite Sam most of the time (unless I'm really feeling in a rut, or my skate gets CAUGHT in a rut...)

Rassin frassin drag a lod ding dong... :mad: