PDA

View Full Version : So...

The Unreasoner
02-18-2012, 08:05 AM
So, a few questions...

Can I upgrade my account from basic to premium without getting a new one?

Can I merge my usernames (The Unreasoner and Unreasoner)?

What's with the ratings on predictions? how do I rate, and why are the most mundane getting 8s?

How many theories will be published before AMoL? 2-3?

Ishara
02-18-2012, 10:52 AM
So, a few questions...

What's with the ratings on predictions? how do I rate, and why are the most mundane getting 8s?

1. Yes, the upgrade is to get you access to the Search Engine, among other tings, and shouldn't affect your account otherwise. If you can't find the button to upgrade, PM Tam or Nae'Blis.

2. Again, PM Tam.

3. I think you need a premium account to rate, and then you can rate to your little heart's content.

4. Depends on many quality theories get submitted.

Davian93
02-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Most of the submitted theories have been crap...of late anyway.

FWIW.

Tamyrlin
02-18-2012, 02:12 PM
So, a few questions...

There should be a link to upgrade. If you can't find it, let me know. I can have you just donate to Theoryland and upgrade. I should probably make those links a bit easier to find.

Merging usernames...probably not unfortunately. It can be done, but my ability to get my programmer to do work on Theoryland...the list is long and its likely such a request would languish at the bottom of that list for a long time.

You can rate predictions when you have a premium account. There are rating boxes that show up.

And to Theories - Lots will be posted. I've had to partition my time on the Search Engine project when I've had Theoryland time. At the moment I'm building three pieces of software as "side-jobs" apart from my day job, which doesn't leave me much time. But now the time that has been cleared from my mind with having the search engine out, will allow me to be more diligent about posting. They may come in bunches, but you should begin to see one every one to two weeks now. I started this a day or two ago by posting a new one. I'm going through theories now and will get to them like that. There are a bunch of worthy ones that I haven't thrown through the Ancient/Hero gauntlet just yet (yes, your theories get reviewed by Ancients/Heroes interested in taking a peek before they get posted.)

Sorry for the lack of presence lately - it's going to be a crazy busy year.

Terez
02-18-2012, 05:35 PM
And to Theories - Lots will be posted. I've had to partition my time on the Search Engine project when I've had Theoryland time. At the moment I'm building three pieces of software as "side-jobs" apart from my day job, which doesn't leave me much time. But now the time that has been cleared from my mind with having the search engine out, will allow me to be more diligent about posting.You know, just because we're live doesn't mean we're done.

(I'm starting to feel like Basel Gill's cook.)

The Unreasoner
02-22-2012, 10:09 AM
3. I think you need a premium account to rate, and then you can rate to your little heart's content.

Ha. I'm blind with euphoria. Actually I was curious who the raters were, I wanted to know what to make of them.
4. Depends on many quality theories get submitted.
???
Most of the submitted theories have been crap...of late anyway.
Thanks?
I should probably make those links a bit easier to find.
Well, only if you want people to click on them.
Merging usernames...probably not unfortunately. It can be done, but my ability to get my programmer to do work on Theoryland...the list is long and its likely such a request would languish at the bottom of that list for a long time.
I'm sure I'll live. Thanks anyway.

And to Theories - Lots will be posted...you should begin to see one every one to two weeks now.
Glad to hear it.
Sorry for the lack of presence lately - it's going to be a crazy busy year.

We understand completely.
(I'm starting to feel like Basel Gill's cook.)
Wasn't her name Cook?

GonzoTheGreat
02-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Wasn't her name Cook?
Nope:
Coline, and what a name for a woman that wide, but everybody called her Cook.

The Unreasoner
02-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Nope:
goddammit...

SauceyBlueConfetti
02-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Well, only if you want people to click on them.

try here (http://theoryland.com/signup.php?func=2)

and try here (http://theoryland.com/tour.php)for a little more info

Ozymandias
03-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Hrmm... I remember way back when, I had to change names. Perhaps the system is better now, but I upgraded like 18 months in and had to switch names and all. It was quite an existential crisis.