PDA

View Full Version : Video game recruitment thread

fdsaf3
02-20-2012, 10:27 PM
I've debated putting this thread together for a while, but I've been hesitant to do it for a few reasons. The biggest one is that I'm just not sure how much people play video games on here. But in an effort to stir up some community action, I thought anyone who plays video games could share their Xbox live screen name / PSN account / Wii friends code / etc. Maybe we can find people who share our love of WOT and video games!

I personally play a lot of my games offline, but I do play PC RTS and MOBA games. I predominantly play Starcraft 2 and League of Legends. If anyone plays these games, let me know and I'll post/pm my account names. I'm not good at Starcraft and kind of good at League of Legends (from a competitive standpoint, not a noob standpoint). I'm in gold league 1v1 in SC2 and 1400 ELO in LOL.

If anyone else plays video games, post here and we'll try and match you up with others. I know there used to be a Guild Wars subcommunity here, so maybe it's time for a revival of that...

Fin
02-20-2012, 10:32 PM
WOW Thakandar on Malygos Server but the account isnt active now but i will have it back.
not sure off hand what the wii number is
i used to play GW and i may again if i find others who are in it

Sei'taer
02-20-2012, 10:44 PM
WOW Thakandar on Malygos Server but the account isnt active now but i will have it back.
not sure off hand what the wii number is
i used to play GW and i may again if i find others who are in it

I have a wii. I have zero clue what anything else you said means.

I do watch Netflix on it so I know it's on the interweb.

Fin
02-20-2012, 10:59 PM
theres an individual code for each wii sorta like a ip address that u can add to a friends list so u can play together. i have only ever used it for mario kart myself.
if u go to the message screen create a message go to address book hit the minus button and itll show u the code 16 digits i believe. i know its not perfect grammar i type as i think.

ShadowbaneX
02-20-2012, 11:06 PM
I don't play much these days. I've got SC2, but the extent of my involvement in it is watching Funday Monday, Monobattles and some casts on Husky's channel.

Other than that, I don't play much these days. I'm sorta looking forward to Mass Effect 3, but I'm not fond of Origin.

Then there's Guild Wars 2, but that's going to take a while.

Khoram
02-20-2012, 11:53 PM
It's all about the XBox 360 for me. I don't usually play online - I prefer to play the campaigns, but lately I've been redeeming 2-day codes for Battlefield 3, and I got a good week of free Live when I downloaded the ME3 demo (so excited! Watch this CGI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs7kix6_8Ks&feature=youtube_gdata_player) trailer, and the extended (http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_744372&feature=iv&src_vid=Vs7kix6_8Ks&v=eBktyyaV9LY) cut here - hopefully it works). Multiplayer for ME3 is pretty awesome, but it's still going to be all about the campaign and story for me, mostly.

Just add a 1 to my name here. I'm thinking of going out to get a Gold Membership for a year tomorrow. Maybe.

DahLliA
02-21-2012, 03:10 AM
well. my PSN handle or SEN handle now I guess: dahlern

feel free to add me there. I rarely play multiplayer games on the PS3 though.

I also play SC2(or played. probably not going to be online until the expansion comes)

and I play SWTOR on Hydian Way euro-server

and I'm going to check out GW2 when it comes :p

Mort
02-21-2012, 06:10 AM
I usually just play Battlefield 3 these days. I got SC2 as well but the more I play it the more I get that I am not a natural at it and suck really badly. Don't like the game enough to put the time in to be better either :)

Sarevok
02-21-2012, 06:16 AM
I'm back to playing EVE. At least till GW2 come out. :D

Ishara
02-21-2012, 09:08 AM
My husband plays Battlefield 3 exclusively. I really hate how Paris seems to continue getting trashed...

Gilshalos Sedai
02-21-2012, 09:44 AM
I play SWTOR (Sanctum of the Exalted Server), too, and Guild Wars for which we have a forum on these very boards. Eagerly awaiting GW2.

I play everything else on my XBOX which doesn't go online.

If you want my character names for SWTOR, you'll have to PM me.

WinespringBrother
02-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Im on guild wars (obviously)

My Nintendo Wii apparently just died so I may just wait for the Wii University (which was supposed to be out a couple of months ago).

I also have an account on Steam, FWIW (I think my name is KvotheTheThunder). PM if you want to friend there.

ShadowbaneX
02-21-2012, 04:00 PM
I also have an account on Steam, FWIW (I think my name is KvotheTheThunder). PM if you want to friend there.

Oh, yeah, duh. I live on Steam. Cannot believe I forgot that.

Zombie Sammael
02-21-2012, 05:06 PM
My Nintendo Wii apparently just died so I may just wait for the Wii University (which was supposed to be out a couple of months ago).

Do you mean the Wii U? It was announced last year but they've not announced a release date yet, although they did say it would be this year - probably just in time for Christmas.

I have a Wii and a PS3. My name is RusDady (I like using my real name for things).

Heinz
02-21-2012, 05:28 PM
I play mostly SWTOR now. The Swiftsure server, name 'Heinz' (go fig). Imperial side. I do need to find a good server to plop my Republic toons on though. Not the same server.

Steam account is under Vanderheap19.
Don't remember what the GameStop one is under anymore, likely the same thing though. But I only use it to play Sins of a Solar Empire (especially the Star Wars 'Requiem' mod), and old school MOO and MOO2.

Zaela Sedai
02-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Yup - Just GW for me... Until GW2 comes out... HURRYZ!

Fin - Are you in our Guild? Did you see that there's a Forum dedicated to it?

DahLliA
02-21-2012, 06:01 PM
I play mostly SWTOR now. The Swiftsure server, name 'Heinz' (go fig). Imperial side. I do need to find a good server to plop my Republic toons on though. Not the same server

if you're in the EU Hydian Way is a decent server. okay population, and I don't think the imp to rep-ratio is too horrible

Figbiscuit
02-21-2012, 06:07 PM
I predominantly play Starcraft 2 and League of Legends.

The OH plays Starcraft 2 pretty much exclusively now. One of the main reasons I've bought myself a laptop, and therefore now have access to the boards out of work!

I have a Wii and a PS3. My name is RusDady (I like using my real name for things).

:eek: Your REAL NAME? Didn't your mother ever tell you that was dangerous??

For myself, I play some Xbox 360, although I only have an offline account. I occasionally drop on for a day or two if we get a free promo code, but on the rare occasion I've played anything I mostly get whupped :rolleyes: However, should you want to add me it's FigBiscuits (originality is the spice of life...)

Zombie Sammael
02-21-2012, 06:18 PM
:eek: Your REAL NAME? Didn't your mother ever tell you that was dangerous??

Relax, it's not like it's my full real name, my date of birth, my bank details, and notes from my most recent visit to a therapist. It makes it easier for friends to find me, and I'm big enough and ugly enough to deal with strangers I end up talking to. Until recently it was also my Twitter name, but a couple of incidents made me decide it was time for a change there. Besides, Sony already gave away all my details - but they did make up for it with free games. :D