PDA

View Full Version : The Truth About The Dragon Reborn

TruthSeeker
02-21-2012, 05:03 PM
I have read all of the theories on this site, but not a one even comes close to the ultimate truth! For many years I have read these books and pondered on the hidden depths and meanings present in the various imageries. The Truth hit me pretty early on but since that fateful moment I cannot shake it as everything in the books points to it.

I understand how the average person does not catch the hidden Truth prevalent in the books, but I expected better from a site dedicated to "hardcore" theories from the wheel of time.

After all of this rambling I suppose I should get to the actual Truth. I took so long because something this momentous needs the appropriate buildup and expectation.

THE TRUTH:
Rand Al'Thor died halfway through the first book. He was never the Dragon Reborn. Instead, Perrin is the DR. He can channel and has been quite insane since the first book.

WHAT?!?!?! You might say; this makes no sense???

BUT WAIT

Think about it. Perrin can channel and maybe he did even before the first book. The maddess that takes men who can channel took him very quickly, in fact, the main illusion he has is that he can "talk" telepathically (of all things!) to wolves.

Halfway through the first book Perrin killed Rand by mistake with a bolt of lightning and unable to face himself or what he did, his mind has created a false reality in which RAND in the Dragon Reborn and still alive while Perrin is "just a blacksmith."

This makes sense the more of the books you read. Perrin's crazed attempt to save Faile's life in Book 2 was an illusion created by his mind to ignore the fact that he was doing exactly what Rand was doing at the Stone of the Tear. Think about it, in the same book, they are headed to Tear but are "following" Rand who is on foot while they are mounted. How does it make sense that they can never catch him unless its all in Perrin's mind. Moiriane decided to take Perrin, the DR, to Tear to claim the Stone but Perrin, unable to face this, has further the illusion of Rand, making himself think they are chasing him.

Throughout the entire series Perrin is at odds with himself because he can't come to grips that he is the DR. He is constantly denying everything, instead repeating his constant mantra,
"I am just a blacksmith." This is his mind's attempt to hide the Truth from himself and further the illusion of Rand.

I don't have time, but Perrin has fulfilled most of the KC prophecies, in a fashion, the illusion of Rand fulfilling them in an obvious manner is obviously a poor joke from Perrin's mind. If prophecies were fulfilled as straightforward as "Rand" does it would too easy and obvious.

Heinz
02-21-2012, 05:20 PM
/sarcasm?

Terez
02-21-2012, 05:25 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRK5x_Q5iXj_tZ4PJmyzn-w3upjG4Wkul5hmN9dUpEll1C_JZ2WzQ

Heinz
02-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Nice Jordan quote in your sig btw, T.

Crispin's Crispian
02-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Moiriane decided to take Perrin, the DR, to Tear to claim the Stone but Perrin, unable to face this, has further the illusion of Rand, making himself think they are chasing him.

So, just for the sake of fun, did Perrin imagine going to Rhuidean or did he imagine going home to the Two Rivers? The whole plot point of Rand looking like an Andoran Aiel and thus ingratiating himself into both societies to further the Dragon's influence...how did Perrin handle that?

Cortar
02-21-2012, 06:42 PM
luz

Cor Shan
02-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Needs moar Valan Luca

Verin Mathwin
02-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Felix actually sounds kind of reasonable now.

Tomp
02-21-2012, 08:25 PM
No he doesn't.

But Felix arguments have longer motivational text.

Verin Mathwin
02-21-2012, 08:30 PM
I meant I'd be more inclined to believe that Valan Luca is the Dragon Reborn before I believed Perrin was.

Tomp
02-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Granted.

But do you think the cows are spies?

Sei'taer
02-21-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm trying to remember if Perrin wears a cape...or breeches.

Terez
02-21-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm sad this person thinks TDR was book 2.

AbbeyRoad
02-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Felix has much more textual support for his theories. :p

Terez
02-21-2012, 10:46 PM
I have a suspicion that this post was not made by an actual WoT fan. :rolleyes:

Weiramon
02-22-2012, 02:44 AM
Burn me, it's offensive that people would pretend to be someone other than themselves, merely to post obvious falsehoods in an attempt to get a reaction out of others.

Terez
02-22-2012, 03:23 AM
Burn me, it's offensive that people would pretend to be someone other than themselves, merely to post obvious falsehoods in an attempt to get a reaction out of others.
I'm tempted to peg you as Etzel, but I never knew him to have a sense of humor.

Sei'taer
02-22-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm tempted to peg you as Etzel, but I never knew him to have a sense of humor.

Weiramon=Bela. I thought everyone knew.

Terez
02-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Weiramon=Bela. I thought everyone knew.
That was my first guess, but since he tried to deny it (sort of), I figured I'd move on. ;)

Dajoran
02-22-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm trying to remember if Perrin wears a cape...or tight breeches.

Fixed that for you.

The tightness is important you see, helps him channel better using the ancient method of "The Breeches and the Void". You feed you emotions into the breeches until they get braid-tuggingly tight.

Also helps if you have well turned calves.

Sei'taer
02-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Fixed that for you.

The tightness is important you see, helps him channel better using the ancient method of "The Breeches and the Void". You feed you emotions into the breeches until they get braid-tuggingly tight.

Also helps if you have well turned calves.

I don't think braiding the three things in my tight breeches will help me do much of anything.

GonzoTheGreat
02-22-2012, 10:46 AM
I don't think braiding the three things in my tight breeches will help me do much of anything.
As GWB advised: if you do not succeed at once, try, try again.

The Unreasoner
02-22-2012, 10:50 AM
~nonsense~
Ahem: My turf.
If The Unreasoner wants to be the new Felix, I say let him
Now crawl back into your hole.

FelixPax
02-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Why not just go the whole hog, and double-down with with "Luca's lurid monstrosity pulled by six horses at its head."?

The show left Jurador before the sun broke the horizon, a long snake of wagons rolling along the wide road through the darkness with Luca's lurid monstrosity pulled by six horses at its head.

Knife of Dreams, Chapter 8 “Dragons’ Eggs”

Six-Horse Headed [Dragon Plows], directed by the true Blind Dragon's soul himself?

Head Ring-Master
Valan Luca

False Dragons [Plows]: Good Puppets?

Mat Cauthon
Lan
Logain

False Dragons [Plow]: Light to Greyish to Bad? Returning to Light again in 'Veins of Gold'?

Rand al'Thor

False Dragons [Plows]: Ugly to Evil Puppets?

Mazrim Taim
Ishamael/Moridin

One with Land:

Where there is a Ring Master, and his six Puppet Dragons... there is a Maar for each, ready to explode for an extraordinary show.

“I am Valan Luca, my Lady, showman extraordinary.

The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 13 'A Small Room in Sienda'--Valan Luca quote

Locations for Maar [volcano] candidates include, the areas circled in red:

http://goo.gl/rfcPf

http://goo.gl/5Q4Gr

[For some reason IMG's from Picasa, are not appearing as images.]

Definitions of Maar:

American Heritage Science Dictionary 2002

A broad, shallow, generally flat-floored volcanic crater that is often filled with water. Maars usually form from explosive eruptions caused by the heating and boiling of groundwater that is invaded by rising magma.

Random House Directory 2012

a circular volcanic landform resulting from explosive ash eruptions.

Origin: 1820–30; < German Maar a depression filled with standing water (especially in the Eifel district)

The general hypothesis, is when and if a Dragon-Plow Horse puppet dies, a Maar explodes like fireworks. Namely:

Rand
Mazrim Taim
Ishamael/Moridin

The Black Mountain at Shayol Ghul, and Dragonmount are only two of the publicized explosive places in #WoT, not the only two.

Remember Espara Soman of Almoth Plain fame?

She arrives in Two Rivers, in a Faile point of view, in Lord of Chaos book.

The rest were not so provoking. A once-stout woman, her patched flower-embroidered dress hanging on her like a sack, who had come all the way from Toman Head, beyond Almoth Plain, wanted to deal in herbs and cures.

The woman with an interest in herbs Faile directed to the local Women’s Circle; if Espara Soman knew what she was about, they would find her a place under one of the village Wisdoms. With all the new people coming in, many in a bad way from the journey, not a Wisdom in the Two Rivers but had an apprentice or two, and all were on the lookout for more. Maybe not exactly what Espara wanted, but where she would have to start.

Lord of Chaos, Prologue 'The First Message' -- Faile quotation

Espara Soman's name is an Anagram for 'Epona Maars'.

This Anagram matters, for the purposes of A Memory of Light book.

Epona (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epona) is a goddess 'protector of donkeys, mules and horses'.

Epona in the Wheel of Time series, has been a role played mostly very likely by Nynaeve al'Meara. See #TEOTW Chapter 37 'The Long Chase' for an example, of Nynaeve being a horse protector.

The Gaulish, Epona (http://www.pantheon.org/articles/e/epona.html), in Celtic myth, is called Rhiannon (http://www.pantheon.org/articles/r/rhiannon.html).

Robert Jordan did use the name Rhiannon:

Nynaeve stopped dead in the middle street. After all that arguing, after getting them thrown out, she supposed? “Well, I suppose she aged the same way as the rest of us, a day at a time. Elayne, if you believed, why did you announce who you were like Rhiannon at the Tower?” She rather liked that; according to the story, what Queen Rhiannon got was far from what she had wanted.

A Crown of Swords, Chapter 24 'The Kin' -- Nynaeve quotation

Rhiannon is also a name, of local hills near Ebou Dar.

“Oh,” Mat said. Riselle had worked quickly once she made her mind up. Her marriage to Banner-General Yamada had been announced publicly yesterday and was to take place tomorrow, though by custom there was usually a wait of months between. Yamada might be a good general—Mat did not know—but he had never stood a chance against Riselle and that marvelous bosom. Today they were looking at a vineyard in the Rhiannon Hills that the groom was buying for her wedding gift. “I just thought you might want to—I don’t know—take her with us, or something.”

Winter's Heart, Chapter 30 'Cold, Fat Raindrops' -- Mat Cauthon quotation

Bernaile, Meidani, Lenon, Seaine should be keys to the mutiny against the White Tower's current authority structure in A Memory of Light book. They all should be FOR Mat Cauthon as next Amyrlin. They all should change their support towards Queen Rhiannon soul, in this Age.

Yukiri was in no mood for smiles. “Taking the air, Seaine?” she said sharply. “Saerin won’t be pleased, when I tell her. Not at all pleased. I’m not pleased, Seaine.”

Meidani made a small sound in her throat, and Bernaile’s head twitched, her multitude of narrow beaded braids rattling against one another. The pair of them took to studying a tapestry that supposedly showed the humbling of Queen Rhiannon, and for all their smooth faces, clearly they wished they were somewhere else. In their eyes, Sitters were supposed to be equals. And so they were. Normally. After a fashion. Leonin should not have been able to hear a word, but he could feel Meidani’s mood, of course, and he moved a step farther away. While still keeping watch along the corridor, of course. A good man. A wise man.

Crossroads of Twilight, Prologue 'Glimmers of the Pattern' -- Yuikiri point of view

This Anagram's of Espara Soman name, Epona Maars, suggests that if Nynaeve al'Meara dies in A Memory of Light, a series massive Maars will explode.

Granted I do not believe nor predict Nynaeve al'Meara will die in A Memory of Light book, as she is a center to the narrative tale.

Why? Nynaeve al'Meara is one of the Creator(s) of this World's Pattern, this World's realm of Flesh and Dream. She is needed to re-boot a brand slapping new Dream World. The below Fourth Age writing, gives readers a clue to this very thing: the beginning. Not a beginning, but the beginning.

And it was written that no hand but his should wield the Sword held in the Stone, but he did draw it out, like fire in his hand, and his glory did burn the world. Thus did it begin. Thus do we sing his Rebirth. Thus do we sing the beginning.

—from Do’in Toldara te, Songs of the Last Age,
Quarto Nine: The Legend of the Dragon.
Composed by Boanne,
Songmistress at Taralan,
the Fourth Age

This general hypothesis, is just a fingernail glimpse of a larger conceptual idea or net. In metaphoric terms, its thin sliver of Indra's net (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra%27s_net).

Become one with the void, Tam said, and you could do anything.

The Eye of the World, Chapter 1 'An Empty Road'--Rand al'Thor point of view

The most likely reason the below prophecy is much disputed, is the fact that is describes MORE THAN one individual's actions. The true blind Dragon's soul, and others.

There can be no health in us, nor any good thing grow, for the land is one with the Dragon Reborn, and he one with the land.
Soul of fire, heart of stone, in pride he conquers, forcing the proud to yield. He calls upon the mountains to kneel, and the seas to give way, and the very skies to bow. Pray that the heart of stone remembers tears, and the soul of fire, love.

—From a much-disputed translation of
The Prophecies of the Dragon
by the poet Kyera Termendal of Shiota,
believed to have been published
between FY 700 and FY 800

Line 1: Valan Luca
Line 2: Rand al'Thor
Line 3: Possibly Mat Cauthon, Rand al'Thor, Valan Luca, Logain or Moridin. It's unclear if its, one or more.
Line 4: This called for action, describes Rand al'Thor and Valan Luca... as far as I can interpret at this point in time.

Tied to this hypothesis are statements claiming Valan Luca, Nynaeve al'Meara, Two Rivers Novices and Harine din Togara Two Winds are "Extraodinary". Each has a spot reserved in the Grand Wagon, being pulled by the six Dragon-Plow Horses.

Related Tangent of "Sow"; "Pig"; "Acorn" metaphors

Where does this leave Elayne Trakand as?

As WoT's version of Miss Piggy (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Piggy), but of course. She's a pig, a sow, ready to throw her clutch of...

“Elayne gobbles sweets with both hands like a child who’s escaped her mother’s eye. If she keeps on, she will be fat as a pig before she grows old.”

Winter' Heart, Prologue 'Snow' -- Aviendha quotation

Even Moridin, knows Elayne Trakand is really Miss Piggy. How? Dark Prophecy!

The Watchers wait on Toman’s Head.
The seed of the Hammer burns the ancient tree.
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.

The Great Hunt, Chapter 7 'Blood Calls Blood'--Verin quotation, Moiraine point of view

Keyword is "Sow".

Death shall sow; Moridin-Rand shall knock up...

Even a blind pig finds an acorn sometimes.

The Eye of the World, Chapter 34 'The Last Village' -- Bunt quotation

An Acorn is a symbol of Luc Mantear. Slayer.

A blind pig, could be quite a few individuals:

Mat,
Tammuz,
Rand,
Gawyn,
Nynaeve,
Elayne,
Gareth Bryne,
Valan Luca [wild pig],
Weiramon,
Egwene al'Vere
Taim [that filthy pig-kisser!]
Tylin [dead now, "Trussing a queen like a pig for market"]
Valan Luca's "four morose men", fools
Kirklin
Yuikiri
Bakuvun
Faile

‘A pig painted gold is still a pig’?

The Great Hunt, Chapter 3 'Friends and Enemies' -- Two Rivers saying

Mat Cauthon perhaps?

And to a noblewoman, by the sound of it. He would sooner marry a pig than a noblewoman.

The Shadow Rising, Chapter 15 'Into the Doorway'--Mat Cauthon quotation

Be careful, what one wishes for...
Mat will get his wish...
Marriage to woman,
who acts like a pig:
Elayne Trakand.

Shoot even Egeanin knows Mat Cauthon kisses and gropes animal-style:

She was frowning, not grimacing, that pair [Joline & Mat] had been groping at one another in public like animals, and he was her property!

Winter's Heart, Chapter 21 'A Matter of Property' -- Egeanin point of view, with Bayle Domon in Ebou Dar.

Oh, cool fans...! :o :cool:

And yet, I know fandom is going to want even more textual explanation & support... for my "Luca's Lurid Monstrosity" hypothesis: The Ring Leader and his six dragon-plow horses, who's very souls are literally tied to a global system of Maars or Volcanoes.

Who does Moridin's character seem to be a literary parallel to, in Sanskrit terms?

Vritra (http://www.pantheon.org/articles/v/vritra.html).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI: This is a limited special engagement, as Terez asked nicely. And then agreed not to alter my thread postings. Thank you, Terez.

BTW: I can be found regularly on Twitter @TinkerPride as Felix Pax.

eht slat meit
02-22-2012, 01:49 PM
... ahahahahahahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Hah. Oh, wow.

Thank you, Terez.

Zombie Sammael
02-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Somehow, Felix missed the fact that Robert Jordan would not miss the similarity between the word "Maars" and "Mars" (Roman God of War), suggesting that each of those volcanoes he mentioned will blow up during the Last Battle anyway, regardless of whether the False Dragons die or not.

FelixPax
02-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Somehow, Felix missed the fact that Robert Jordan would not miss the similarity between the word "Maars" and "Mars" (Roman God of War), suggesting that each of those volcanoes he mentioned will blow up during the Last Battle anyway, regardless of whether the False Dragons die or not.

True, I did notice that spelling similarity... Mars and Maars. Only so much, one can pack in a thread posting. :rolleyes:

There's one too many A's in Espara Soman's name, for Mars to be created, with the first word being Epona--which Nynaeve al'Meara has show herself to be.

Nynaeve will not die, in 'A Memory of Light' book. Her system of Maars, should not explode. Otherwise, Robert Jordan grand narrative is shot to heavens ashes.

In any case, I do think that Espara Soman has an important minor role to play in 'A Memory of Light'.

Sei'taer
02-22-2012, 02:27 PM

Just. Don't.

You'll only encourage him and he'll be talking about friggin' capes again.

FelixPax
02-22-2012, 02:28 PM
... ahahahahahahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Hah. Oh, wow.

Thank you, Terez.

What do you what, a grand summary of WoT in a single thread posting?

FelixPax
02-22-2012, 02:42 PM
What is a rhyme of Cape, with 'A Memory of Light' overtones?

Escape.

capes again.

I can keep it short & sweet.
Three quotations, and out.

In stories, not the sort of day for grand rescues and escapes. It was a day for murders. Not a pleasant thought when you were hoping to live past another dawn.

Winter's Heart, Chapter 30 'Cold, Fat Raindrops' -- Mat Cauthon point of view

More importantly, how many of them escape? Remember, they meet hooded. If just one escapes, then we won't know who she is, but she'll know us, and soon enough, the whole Black Ajah will know, too.

Knife of Dreams, Prologue 'Embers Falling on Dry Grass', Pevara point of view.

The axe does violence to the tree, and escapes unharmed. Is that how you see it? Wood is soft compared to steel, but the sharp steel is dulled as it chops, and the sap of the tree will rust and pit it. The mighty axe does violence to the helpless tree, and is harmed by it. So it is with men, though the harm is in the spirit.

The Eye of the World, Chapter 25 'The Traveling People'--Perrin Aybara point of view, Ila quoted.

eht slat meit
02-22-2012, 03:00 PM
What do you what, a grand summary of WoT in a single thread posting?

No.

What I want is a another heaping spoonful of that laughter and good cheer that Terez has brought us.

Pass the bowl 'round again, please.

Bwahah.

Crispin's Crispian
02-22-2012, 03:08 PM
True, I did notice that spelling similarity... Mars and Maars. Only so much, one can pack in a thread posting. :rolleyes:

There's one too many A's in Espara Soman's name, for Mars to be created, with the first word being Epona--which Nynaeve al'Meara has show herself to be.

Nynaeve will not die, in 'A Memory of Light' book. Her system of Maars, should not explode. Otherwise, Robert Jordan grand narrative is shot to heavens ashes.

In any case, I do think that Espara Soman has an important minor role to play in 'A Memory of Light'.

No, not "maars." That doesn't fit with anything at all, and is just an attempt to link something exciting to the scrambled name.

Much more likely to be "Arams," which would indicate Perrin and Nynaeve are due for something amazing--together. Why? Because Nynaeve is going to have some connection to the late Swordy Tinker that was heretofore unknown (Chekov's Gun).

OR (and here's where it gets really good)

"Arams" is really a fun way to say "A ram's," meaning after Lan and Faile die, Nynaeve is going to marry Perrin. Why? Because Thor's wagon was pulled by rams. And also because Nynaeve is stubborn as a goat.

Seriously (ok, not really) Felix, if you're going to make loose associations using anagrams, you should at least make sure they have some plot relevance.

FelixPax
02-22-2012, 03:25 PM
No, not "maars." That doesn't fit with anything at all, and is just an attempt to link something exciting to the scrambled name.

Did you click and view the Two Maps, I left links for? Or not?

Much more likely to be "Arams," which would indicate Perrin and Nynaeve are due for something amazing--together. Why? Because Nynaeve is going to have some connection to the late Swordy Tinker that was heretofore unknown (Chekov's Gun).

Aram was part of a Band of Tuatha'an, which Valan Luca had an argument with at Stedding Tsofu.

Valan was cast out, as one of "the Lost".

Loial's new wife saw this argument occur, firsthand.

"Arams" is really a fun way to say "A ram's," meaning after Lan and Faile die, Nynaeve is going to marry Perrin. Why? Because Thor's wagon was pulled by rams. And also because Nynaeve is stubborn as a goat.

Perrin has been marked by Death, by Ishamael, by Moridin since TEOTW book. Perrin is a dead man walking.

The only Two River's man, Nynaeve al'Meara was or is still remotely interested in, for marriage, is Matrim Cauthon.

Seriously (ok, not really) Felix, if you're going to make loose associations using anagrams, you should at least make sure they have some plot relevance.

Where is Alum mined at, or near?

At Maars.

Where on WoT's maps are a few of those?

Ghealdan
Two Rivers
Northern Mountains of Mist
Tear

Each of those places, has a good Maar candidate location. Which I marked on the two maps, I left goo.gl links for in a prior thread posting.

There's an excellent candidate for a Maar just west of Emond's Field too.

Sei'taer
02-22-2012, 08:10 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI: This is a limited special engagement, as Terez asked nicely. And then agreed not to alter my thread postings. Thank you, Terez.

How limited? And if I alter your posts, will you leave again?

Terez
02-22-2012, 09:13 PM
How limited? And if I alter your posts, will you leave again?
I promised to un-alter them. Mod war!

Sei'taer
02-22-2012, 09:41 PM
I promised to un-alter them. Mod war!

I haven't done it yet, just asking if he will if I do.

The Unreasoner
02-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Frankly, I have to side with Terez and Felix here.

Ignoring the issue of whether or not formatting tags have inherent value- Felix wants them. Why not give them to him? If a person is truly bothered by it, the 'ignore' function is simple enough to use. Some of my best ideas (only two of which are known to TL at large8) were triggered by Felix. Who can say what moments of brilliance were snuffed out before they even took shape because of Felix's absence?

*I'll give you one more:
Fain is nothing but a cat in a box, and he cannot 'simply' die.

Terez
02-23-2012, 12:21 AM
*I'll give you one more:
Fain is nothing but a cat in a box, and he cannot 'simply' die.
See, you don't get it. RJ is wagging his finger at you.

The Unreasoner
02-23-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm intrigued...
I really am proud of that idea, and so I may read more into your comment than was put there. Would you mind elaborating? Is the 'finger wagging' (as opposed to time out/spanking/dunce cap) some clever joke I'm not seeing?

suttree
02-23-2012, 01:36 AM
See, you don't get it. RJ is wagging his finger at you.

Hey Terez, as an aside could you link me the "cow spies" theory?

Terez
02-23-2012, 01:36 AM
I asked Felix to link me to it and he never did.

Nevermind, Google is our friend (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4326).

suttree
02-23-2012, 01:43 AM
I asked Felix to link me to it and he never did.

Nevermind, Google is our friend (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4326).

Gracias

Weiramon
02-23-2012, 03:42 AM
Hey Terez, as an aside could you link me the "cow spies" theory?

What's this about cowpies?

TruthSeeker
02-28-2012, 04:23 PM
So, just for the sake of fun, did Perrin imagine going to Rhuidean or did he imagine going home to the Two Rivers? The whole plot point of Rand looking like an Andoran Aiel and thus ingratiating himself into both societies to further the Dragon's influence...how did Perrin handle that?

This is simple, Perrin went to Rhuidean just as he imagined Rand did. He imagined going home because that was his deepest desire, but of course thats impossible.

The plot about "Rand" looking like an Aiel is just illusions. Of course its obviously Perrin's imagination running wild here, wishing it were easier to integrate with the Aiel, what better way than to be 1/2 Aiel.

This is obvious because no Aiel would allow a non-Aiel into their sept like they supposedly did with "Rand's" mother.

Just imagine if Perrin, the Dragon Reborn REALLY was 1/2 Aiel, everyone in every town west of the Two Rivers would recognize it and try to kill him for being an Aielman.

TruthSeeker
02-28-2012, 04:27 PM

This is nonsense. Nynaeve won't marry the Dragon Reborn, she is obviously promised to Matt. She is the only one who can rein him in and keep him under control. The prophecy of him giving up half the light of the world for the other half isn't something as obvious and base as losing his eye; instead it refers to his marriage with Nynaeve and him giving up drinking and flirting, half of the things in the world that makes him happy, thus the light of his world, so she will not be angry that he continues to gamble, the other half of his world.

Zombie Sammael
02-28-2012, 05:20 PM
This is nonsense. Nynaeve won't marry the Dragon Reborn, she is obviously promised to Matt. She is the only one who can rein him in and keep him under control. The prophecy of him giving up half the light of the world for the other half isn't something as obvious and base as losing his eye; instead it refers to his marriage with Nynaeve and him giving up drinking and flirting, half of the things in the world that makes him happy, thus the light of his world, so she will not be angry that he continues to gamble, the other half of his world.

The prophecy isn't "half the light of the world for the other half" it's "half the light of the world to save the world". Other than that tiny flaw you are totally correct; it is intuitively obvious to even the most casual reader.

TruthSeeker
02-28-2012, 05:25 PM
The prophecy isn't "half the light of the world for the other half" it's "half the light of the world to save the world". Other than that tiny flaw you are totally correct; it is intuitively obvious to even the most casual reader.

That was merely a typo. I meant, that his entire world is gambling, so he gives up the lesser of his hobbies, chasing women and drinking to save THE WHOLE of his world.

I am glad you agree with me.

Zombie Sammael
02-28-2012, 05:34 PM
In addition to agreeing with Truthseeker, I'd like to mention that I think Felix is right when he says marriage will save the day, but it is not only plural marriage but also gay marriage which will save the world from the Dark One.

As evidence for this, I cite Egwene as a parallel to Rand, both in her role as pseudo-Latra Posae and in that the Amyrlin, as Watcher of the Seals and Flame of Tar Valon, is also one with the Land. Egwene is presently as immersed in darkness as Rand was before VOG, and like Rand she will have to be redeemed by her love. Before that can happen, however, she will have to accept that she is in essence the other half of the Dragon Soul, and profess her love for Elayne. Following this, she will be more comfortable with marrying Tuon for the obvious political advantage, and it will come as no surprise to anyone when Mat then marries Bashere following the foreshadowed death of Mrs Bashere.

final death
03-01-2012, 09:46 PM
No offense meant to any one but this is the most convoluted dementia inducing thread i have ever read.

Zombie Sammael
03-02-2012, 10:46 AM
No offense meant to any one but this is the most convoluted dementia inducing thread i have ever read.

You have not read enough threads.

final death
03-04-2012, 09:11 PM
You have not read enough threads.

Well I'm discounting threads which Felix started of course. Speaking of Felix the theory makes sense in the convoluted way that i expect out of Felix.

Seeker
03-04-2012, 09:40 PM
That was a type-o.

Wait, hold on, who is this guy? Are we running out of names now? We've got two Fins - and I certainly hope SOMEONE got fired over that one - and now there's another me?

Given his penchant for pranking Theoryland, I half wonder if my seventeen-year-old self discovered that time machine that I accidentally left in my parents' basement – about which, you are all sworn to secrecy, by the way.

Hello, Past Me.

Do you know where we left our VHS copies of Sliders? Because those can bring in 40 bucks on Ebay no problem.

Terez
03-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Wait, hold on, who is this guy? Are we running out of names now? We've got two Fins - and I certainly hope SOMEONE got fired over that one - and now there's another me?
I believe this person is posing as a Goodkind fan because they find the idea funny, perhaps especially in the context of a Felix impersonation. It might be Peter. I did accuse him of being Felix about a week before this post showed up. Or it could be one of Peter's minions. Whoever it is does not do crazy very well, though some effort was made. In any case, it may be that this person tried to register your name and was disappointed to see that it was taken. They might have then tried The Seeker and found that one taken as well.

This person also appears to be paying tribute to the standard, one-size-fits-all obnoxious noob who thinks he knows everything. And this:
I understand how the average person does not catch the hidden Truth prevalent in the books, but I expected better from a site dedicated to "hardcore" theories from the wheel of time....made me consider that it was actually Tamyrlin.

Seeker
03-04-2012, 10:16 PM
This person also appears to be paying tribute to the standard, one-size-fits-all obnoxious noob who thinks he knows everything.

Yeah, when are you gonna outgrow that? It's been what? Six years now?

Terez
03-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Yeah, when are you gonna outgrow that? It's been what? Six years now?
When are you going to learn reading comprehension? You're what...30 now?

TruthSeeker
03-05-2012, 05:32 PM

That is quite insulting! I don't understand how you think I wouldn't think offense.

If you find my logic so offensive then please pick it apart. It should be easy if it were as "convoluted" as you claim.

Given his penchant for pranking Theoryland, I half wonder if my seventeen-year-old self discovered that time machine that I accidentally left in my parents' basement about which, you are all sworn to secrecy, by the way.

Hello, Past Me.

Do you know where we left our VHS copies of Sliders? Because those can bring in 40 bucks on Ebay no problem.

Well I cannot prove that you are a future version of me, but I am most certainly NOT 17... That was several years ago. But this is off topic.

I believe this person is posing as a Goodkind fan because they find the idea funny, perhaps especially in the context of a Felix impersonation. It might be Peter. I did accuse him of being Felix about a week before this post showed up. Or it could be one of Peter's minions. Whoever it is does not do crazy very well, though some effort was made. In any case, it may be that this person tried to register your name and was disappointed to see that it was taken. They might have then tried The Seeker and found that one taken as well.

This person also appears to be paying tribute to the standard, one-size-fits-all obnoxious noob who thinks he knows everything. And this:

This thread has devolved from discussing my grand theory to off topic gossip. I came here expecting scoffs but from those who have only read the series 3-4 times.

Once you have read these books as many times as I have, the Truth becomes more apparent. It was during my 12th read-through that the gleamings of this appeared to me, but it took 6 more until I realized what had laid beneath my nose the entire time. It helps to read the series while with the knowledge I espoused in the first post and you will believe.

Terez
03-05-2012, 06:51 PM
This thread has devolved from discussing my grand theory to off topic gossip. I came here expecting scoffs but from those who have only read the series 3-4 times.

Once you have read these books as many times as I have, the Truth becomes more apparent. It was during my 12th read-through that the gleamings of this appeared to me, but it took 6 more until I realized what had laid beneath my nose the entire time. It helps to read the series while with the knowledge I espoused in the first post and you will believe.
It all comes back to Gawyn, doesn't it? *sigh* If Gawyn doesn't do something epic or epically bad in AMOL I'm going to have to write a Galad/Rahvin slashfic in protest.

Zombie Sammael
03-05-2012, 06:52 PM
It all comes back to Gawyn, doesn't it? *sigh* If Gawyn doesn't do something epic or epically bad in AMOL I'm going to have to write a Galad/Rahvin slashfic in protest.

I think you should do that anyway.

Terez
03-05-2012, 07:34 PM
I think you should do that anyway.
You're not the only one to say so. Only my respect for RJ's wishes has prevented it up to now. If Gawyn is lame in AMOL, the gloves come off.

Seeker
03-05-2012, 09:47 PM
When are you going to learn reading comprehension? You're what...30 now?

I don't know. I seem to recall reading a tweet that you were leaving Theoryland for a while... which prompted me to throw a party that featured mimosas.

Perhaps you and I speak a different language because we seem to disagree on the meaning of the word "leaving."

Terez
03-06-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't know. I seem to recall reading a tweet that you were leaving Theoryland for a while... which prompted me to throw a party that featured mimosas.

Perhaps you and I speak a different language because we seem to disagree on the meaning of the word "leaving."
Sorry to disappoint you. I am spending most of my time elsewhere, but I do feel a sense of responsibility to this board, so here I am. I compromised by logging out of the mod board permanently.

Seeker
03-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Sorry to disappoint you. I am spending most of my time elsewhere, but I do feel a sense of responsibility to this board, so here I am. I compromised by logging out of the mod board permanently.

Responsibility? I wonder if I can get the courts to recognize Theoryland as an emancipated minor.

Grig
03-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Responsibility? I wonder if I can get the courts to recognize Theoryland as an emancipated minor.

There are some obvious minors, but I doubt they could quality for emancipation.

Terez
03-06-2012, 04:22 PM
As long as people like you are posting, probably not.

Zombie Sammael
03-06-2012, 06:00 PM
As long as people like you are posting, probably not.

Not to pick a fight, but I think if you're saying that to Seeker, it says a little bit about you.

Seth Baker
03-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Not to pick a fight, but I think if you're saying that to Seeker, it says a little bit about you.

I'd hate to see you trying to pick a fight.

Terez
03-06-2012, 06:46 PM
What exactly would that be? Somehow I doubt you even comprehend what I was getting at.

Zombie Sammael
03-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I'd hate to see you trying to pick a fight.

I very nearly posted an example for you, but I tend to rise above such things these days.

Seeker
03-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Nonsensical statement involving plankton.

Seth Baker
03-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Nonsensical statement involving plankton.

Nonsensical statement involving Valan Luca

Seeker
03-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Words of praise for men in traveling shows?

Seth Baker
03-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Words of praise for men in traveling shows?

Angry protestation about convoluted ruse by author!

Lupusdeusest
03-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Lengthy description of garment.

Zombie Sammael
03-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Reply along the lines of "LOL Felix".

Lupusdeusest
03-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Reassertion that garment is actually one designed to be worn by females.

Seth Baker
03-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Reassertion that garment is actually one designed to be worn by females.

...hesitant nod.

GonzoTheGreat
03-09-2012, 05:22 AM
Refusal to give in to soft wetlander ways.

Terez
03-09-2012, 08:04 AM
You guys missed it. We were having a great discussion on Twitter about whether Lan or Batman would win in a fight. I pointed out that Lan was Superman. Someone else argued that Lan was Batman. Etc. Finally Felix chimes in:

Felix (https://twitter.com/#%21/TinkerPride/status/177984297880391680)
You know Batman wears a **** just as _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ does!!

Seth Baker
03-09-2012, 09:36 AM
You guys missed it. We were having a great discussion on Twitter about whether Lan or Batman would win in a fight. I pointed out that Lan was Superman. Someone else argued that Lan was Batman. Etc. Finally Felix chimes in:

V A L A N L U C A

Yeah, I caught that

Sei'taer
03-09-2012, 05:37 PM
I bet Valan Luca dies with a cape shoved up his ass...right through his tight friggin breeches.

Tomp
03-09-2012, 05:52 PM

In the tweet feed I also pointed out that in Tim Burtons version Batman is surrounded by weird clowns, animals and circus performers.
Now who is surrounded by that in WoT?

Seth Baker
03-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Valan Luca tries to womanize Lan's wife but fails. Batman tries to win over his girl but loses to Two-Face.

This is not a coincidence, but proof of Robert Jordan's preexisting knowledge of the Batman series.

Zombie Sammael
03-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Batman does wear a cape and breeches. But then, so does Superman.

Also, I'm terribly upset that I missed this conversation. I may have to unblock Terez on Twitter.

Terez
03-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Batman does wear a cape and breeches. But then, so does Superman.

Also, I'm terribly upset that I missed this conversation. I may have to unblock Terez on Twitter.
Well, it's not like you followed me in the first place because we're chums. :D If you unblock me do I have to follow you again? I never did unfollow you...