PDA

View Full Version : Public Beta Announcement Today!

czymann
02-21-2012, 10:50 PM
GuildWars2.com - Guild Wars 2 Beta Sign up!: https://beta.guildwars2.com/

You may have to resend your email to them to get a confirmation email sent to you.

Good luck to everyone!

WinespringBrother
02-22-2012, 12:02 AM
that would be awesome!

ShadowbaneX
02-22-2012, 12:31 AM
The cynical side of me says "don't get your hopes up" especially since that if this happens I'm not going to have the time to participate since it'll likely be starting after this week, which means I'll have class and won't be able to play.

czymann
02-22-2012, 01:51 AM
The cynical side of me says "don't get your hopes up" especially since that if this happens I'm not going to have the time to participate since it'll likely be starting after this week, which means I'll have class and won't be able to play.

Here is my thinking on what might happen if it is indeed the Public Beta announcement.
They would announce how to get in the Public Beta Event and then perhaps the weekend after next the Public Beta Event begins.

Fact: These beta events will only happen during the weekends. As time goes by Anet will allow more and more people in on the Public Beta Event.

Sarevok
02-22-2012, 01:03 PM
In the past (like with Star Trek Online) I've always said I didn't want in the Beta, because I didn't want an unfinished game to spoil it for me. But from what I've seen from GW2G, I doubt that'll happen. :)

WinespringBrother
02-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Guild Wars 2 @GuildWars2
Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details
The #GuildWars2 beta sign-up page is live! It will be open for 48 hours, so sign-up for a chance to get in! http://cot.ag/A7jwF7 ~RB

WinespringBrother
02-22-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm getting this message:

Server Error500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

They are working on fixing that.

Guild Wars 2 @GuildWars2
Hey all: we're aware of the issues that some people are having getting to the page. We're on it! ~RB

WinespringBrother
02-22-2012, 01:18 PM
You have to run a diagnostic tool on your pc:

About the Guild Wars 2
Beta Events
These special closed beta events are open to invited players only. Everything you see in the game is still confidential, so we’ll require you to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) in order to play.

Frequently Asked Questions
Step One: Submit your PC hardware specs
Click here to download the DxDiag diagnostic tool. (328KB, .exe, Windows only) Click here to download the DxDiag diagnostic tool. (328KB, .exe, Windows only)

WinespringBrother
02-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Guild Wars 2 @GuildWars2
@nuvque Not necessarily. Testers are chosen based upon development needs. A wide range of systems is needed for testing. ~RB

In reply to Niamh Raftery Hide conversation 3m Guild Wars 2 @GuildWars2
You have 48 hrs to sign up. Signing up immediately doesn't increase your chances. Testers are chosen based on development needs. :-) ~RB

ShadowbaneX
02-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Well, I'm signing up regardless. If I do get in, I really hope I don't have exams/assignments that weekend.

WinespringBrother
02-22-2012, 01:56 PM
SBX, can you post all the steps needed to sign up? I can't signup right now since I am at work, but am curious about the process.

Zaela Sedai
02-22-2012, 02:01 PM
signed up

czymann
02-22-2012, 02:06 PM
SBX, can you post all the steps needed to sign up? I can't signup right now since I am at work, but am curious about the process.

First you DL a diagnostic tool then run it. The tool will then say send. Anet gets the info then a new page opens up. Email Address, Age (in years), Country, Language. Guild name, Guild size, Guild website.

And a few other things which are optional. Fairly simple and straight forward.

It took at least 10 minutes for me to get the confirmation email. Now I just gotta wait to see if I get in. My computer specs might be too low so I may not.

Sarevok
02-22-2012, 02:11 PM
A network error has occurred...
Can't send system information.

Sorry =(
This is what I get when trying to send the info. :(

Tried shutting down the firewall, but that didn't help. :(

czymann
02-22-2012, 02:14 PM

Have you tried turning the firewall off and then rebooting the computer? Shut off any anti virus or anti malware?

ShadowbaneX
02-22-2012, 02:16 PM
First you DL a diagnostic tool then run it. The tool will then say send. Anet gets the info then a new page opens up. Email Address, Age (in years), Country, Language. Guild name, Guild size, Guild website.

And a few other things which are optional. Fairly simple and straight forward.

It took at least 10 minutes for me to get the confirmation email. Now I just gotta wait to see if I get in. My computer specs might be too low so I may not.

Pretty much what Stormy said. Oh, and Stormy, they did say that they wanted a large range of systems. You might get in because they want lower end systems to test out.

Have you tried taking a look at the forums or googling that error to see what comes up? Others likely have been getting it and there might be a fix out there.

Sarevok
02-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Not yet. My first guess would be that their servers can't handle it. So I'm gonna keep trying today. If it doesn't work, I can break out the other options tomorrow, since we have 48 hours.

Edit: tried Firefox: same result.

czymann
02-22-2012, 02:24 PM
There are others having that same problem Sare. It could be that the beta sign up server is overloaded.

Sarevok
02-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Signed up! :)

czymann
02-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Signed up! :)

Awesome :)

WinespringBrother
02-22-2012, 05:52 PM
No problems with signing up, didn't have to disable my firewall or AV either.

Fingers crossed for all!!

Sarevok
02-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Tweet from @GuildWars2:

No #GuildWars2 beta invites have been sent out as yet, more news to follow this week :) ~AT

Sarevok
02-27-2012, 10:56 AM
More twitter:
Next beta event will be late March

*goes cry in a courner*

WinespringBrother
02-27-2012, 11:00 AM
More twitter:
Next beta event will be late March

*goes cry in a courner*

Hopefully they can add more areas for the next beta, like Sylvari and Asura.

czymann
02-27-2012, 11:38 AM
I assume they are not doing PAX East this year. I have not heard anything about it at all.