PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting the ________ in the Blight.

frenchie
03-13-2012, 05:34 PM
So now that we've had over a year since it was really discussed, has anyone come up with a fully fleshed out theory, or even tried to get more info from Brandon?

Zombie Sammael
03-13-2012, 05:43 PM
I am of the belief that it refers to the red-veiled Aiel; "There's a tribe of Aiel in the Blight and not even Harriet knows about it!"

The Unreasoner
03-13-2012, 05:54 PM
tribe of Aiel, nation, civilization.

I'm inclined to think the same, especially since it's Harriet (who presumably knows of the ___ now) who told BS to RAFO everything on it.

And frankly, if the Waste could produce Aiel-caliber fighters...Blightborn warriors will be nuts.

Terez
03-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Yeah, Brandon said there were hints in TOM, so there's not much else that makes sense, really.

The Unreasoner
03-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah...but since 'hints' is plural, what do we have? The Red-veiled Aiel themselves and...the weird reed village transported from the Blight? Maybe even the red ships in Imfaral?

Grig
03-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Two most likelies seem to be Portal Stone (as it's handy to explain the "orders of magnitude more Trollocs than the Blight can support") or the red-veiled gents (Aiel don't have dark eyes =P). I suppose an easy test would be to ask Brandon if there are Portal Stones in the Blight, and if he answers that automatically takes that possibility out of the equation.

Portal Stone also seems less likely since it's not like it would be a huge surprise, and it doesn't seem to have the potential for a big plot surprise (unless the Last Battle has Rand world-hopping in some zany scheme against the DO); so less reason for the strict RAFO policy against the _________.

I hadn't seen the "hints in ToM" hint. That definitely strongly implies the whole red enemy thing. Red-veiled Aiel, red ships, etc.

eht slat meit
03-13-2012, 06:36 PM
I hadn't seen the "hints in ToM" hint. That definitely strongly implies the whole red enemy thing. Red-veiled Aiel, red ships, etc.

I posted a theory over on DM, and I can look it up sometime, but it basically comes down to largely previous chapter (Androl's tour through the BT grounds) as the basis of conjecture for the red-veiled Aiel being male channelers who have been going into the Blight for the last #x years, being 13x13'ed and converted to the cause.

Emphasis ~dark eyes~ ~mirthless smile~ ~braid tug~ etc.

frenchie
03-13-2012, 06:38 PM
I agree in thinking that the _______ isn't a Portal Stone, since that was shown at least 2 different times. I also think it's some sort of settlement( Red Veiled [not]Aiel) is probably the most logiical answer.

Landro
10-26-2012, 11:03 AM
I posted a theory over on DM, and I can look it up sometime, but it basically comes down to largely previous chapter (Androl's tour through the BT grounds) as the basis of conjecture for the red-veiled Aiel being male channelers who have been going into the Blight for the last #x years, being 13x13'ed and converted to the cause.

Emphasis ~dark eyes~ ~mirthless smile~ ~braid tug~ etc.

grats about getting right back then

frenchie
10-26-2012, 08:45 PM
My prediction was close, but the fact that the Red Veils are turned Aiel sparkers, well, I was wrong.

Zombie Sammael
10-28-2012, 01:02 PM
I'll blank you all in the blight in a minute.