PDA

View Full Version : Gazette Happenings

Spidy
03-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Spidy had been swallowed by the Couch.

"He's in there somewhere," said Moonie as she leafed through the latest Sleepless in Shayol Ghul column offerings.

"Yeah, but when will he get out?" mused Snow, idly tapping the Cougar Stick in his meaty palms, whilst puffing on some stray Coolangatta Cabbage that Uno had left on the table for Spidy's enjoyment before the Couch love affair had occurred.

"Does it matter?" shouted Uno from the kitchen of Gazette HQ, the kitchen being "Tardis" like, meaning it was much bigger when you were in there but from outside looked as big as a shoebox.

"We have a new paper to get out this week and we have no front page investigative reporting going on!" yelled Uno again, accompanied with suspicious clanking noises coming from within the Tardis.

"Doo bee doo bee" intoned a whistling Dragon Theif as he came down the stairs, XXXX in hand from Spidy's Esky that he had stolen from right underneath Spidy's nose earlier that day. Spidy had been sampling Uno's Norwegian Death beers and had been struggling with the contents and had totally forgotten to safeguard the Esky so DT was having an easier time than usual in getting access to the limitless supply of XXXX therein.

Whilst DT was happy with the free XXXX, he was feeling a little bit disappointed that the challenge of raiding the Esky was not up to its normally dangerous level. Spidy was always upgrading Esky security and DT was always finding more and more innovative ways of bypassing Spidy's security apparatus. It was an ongoing game of Cat and Mouse. XXXX was definitely preferable to Death Beers anyway.

Snow and MS looked at each other, and smiled in mutual acknowledgment.

"Uno dear!" proclaimed Moonie, "I think we have an answer on the investigative reporter problem!" as she turned her gaze to the young Gazettee still on the stairs drinking a swig of XXXX.

"This is going to be good!" whispered Snow to himself, "Yep, good indeed."

Uno
03-16-2012, 08:53 PM
In other news ....

* Gazette Chief Investigative Reporter missing, but a rescue party is on the way!

* 5000 Queen Armyllia coronation coffee mugs for sale. Deep discount.

* Junior Investigative reporter (on probation) searching well-known west coast city in quest of sheep.

* John Snow even more crusty than before. Tamyrlin lazier.

* Dragon Reborn reported to have "become one" with another man. Majesty of Andor and at least two other women baffled and hurt.

Terez
03-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Dragon Reborn reported to have "become one" with another man. Majesty of Andor and at least two other women baffled and hurt.
+1

final death
03-26-2012, 01:30 PM
In other news ....

* Dragon Reborn reported to have "become one" with another man. Majesty of Andor and at least two other women baffled and hurt.

I laughed so hard at this.

Figbiscuit
03-27-2012, 08:28 AM
I laughed so hard at this.

And me. Love it :D

Terez
03-27-2012, 12:35 PM
What's funny is that it doesn't even fit with any of the prophecies. The two becoming as one is geographical. Other than that there's three as one. And of course, Rand and Lews Therin were never two in the first place, despite appearances, and so my brain went straight to Rand/Moridin, which is the best fit. But still doesn't fit the wording...

GonzoTheGreat
03-28-2012, 05:11 AM
What's funny is that it doesn't even fit with any of the prophecies. The two becoming as one is geographical. Other than that there's three as one. And of course, Rand and Lews Therin were never two in the first place, despite appearances, and so my brain went straight to Rand/Moridin, which is the best fit. But still doesn't fit the wording...
But you base that only on the Prophecies of the Light, which, at best, paint half the picture. The Gazette has exclusive access (through unnameable sources) to the Prophecies of the Dark also, and it is logical that that would improve the accuracy of the predictions.

Terez
03-28-2012, 05:29 AM
But you base that only on the Prophecies of the Light, which, at best, paint half the picture. The Gazette has exclusive access (through unnameable sources) to the Prophecies of the Dark also, and it is logical that that would improve the accuracy of the predictions.
I'll accept that, but then how did they expect us to get the joke? That is the question. No matter, because we all got it in our own way. :)

Oh, and part of why my brain went to Rand/Moridin is because of the 'another man' bit, which is from Min's viewing of Rand and Moridin merging. Unless you believe that was Lews Therin, which is silly.

Dragon Thief
03-30-2012, 09:25 AM
* Junior Investigative reporter (on probation) searching well-known west coast city in quest of sheep.

Baaaaaad jokes are baaaaaaaaad.