PDA

View Full Version : Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden

Gilshalos Sedai
08-19-2008, 02:09 PM
It's all Firseal's fault.

He went on and on about the books... Bryan was looking for something to read, so we caved.

He then proceeded to get me addicted. We loaned them to B.

She's now talked RS into buying them.

Who else is running from the White Council?

Birgitte
08-19-2008, 02:16 PM
lol.... **SPOILER** And they say his brother is addictive. (highlight for it...)

jason wolfbrother
08-19-2008, 09:18 PM
surprisingly enough I wasn't too impressed. I caught an episode of the tv show on SciFi and liked it. Watched the first season I think, although it might have been the complete series and thought it was pretty cool. So I picked up the first book and read it through. Wasn't impressed, didn't like it that much, so glad I didn't buy it :( Just felt there was so much more that could have been done that wasn't. Maybe it gets better in later books. meh

Gilshalos Sedai
08-20-2008, 07:34 AM
It does. The first book was very much a "first novel." The rest do get better and frankly, I now see why the TV series pissed off so many fans.

jason wolfbrother
08-20-2008, 10:28 AM
maybe I'll pick up the next book and give another try :)

RogueSavior
08-22-2008, 06:25 PM
I want to meet Miss Rodriguez....

What?

Though I've learned that my electronic ineptitude could be caused by me being a Wizard, which is a bonus.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Like you could possibly score Miss Rodriguez. She'd so kick your ass.

Though I've learned that my electronic ineptitude could be caused by me being a Wizard, which is a bonus.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, there, bub.

4Alethinos
08-23-2008, 02:14 AM
Actually, I like the new Dresden paramour a lot. She is very cool. You know Harry, he is never casual.

Lots of grieving in the next book I fear.

Two swords, wow!

4Alethinos
08-23-2008, 02:21 AM
I guess that you have surmised that I am a big fan of HBCD and Jim Butcher.

I must escape into the wilds of Chicago and battle the demons, the fairies, and the vampires of three courts. All the while attempting to not get killed by the White Council.

"With friends like these......" :eek:

RogueSavior
08-23-2008, 02:30 AM
Like you could possibly score Miss Rodriguez. She'd so kick your ass.

The thing is, I think I'd let her and like it!

Gilshalos Sedai
08-25-2008, 07:52 AM
Actually, I like the new Dresden paramour a lot. She is very cool. You know Harry, he is never casual.

Murphy, you mean? I doubt she's gonna die anytime soon.

4Alethinos
08-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Murphy?! Are you insane? Of course, it is not Murphy. Have you not read Small Favor? The answer is there, darlin'. hehe

Murphy has a quite different destiny than HBCD. She is not a good match for Dresden in any event in spite of some of the chemistry. Like Harry living for another 2 to 3 hundred years. That assumes that no enemy gets the joy of offing him. That makes a girl pause a litlle bit and Murhpy has. :eek:

Harry gets beat to a frazzle in almost every book and it is a wonder that he survives. However, that old magic does keep him alive enough to recover from almost anything. Even his burned hand is slowly regenerating. More guitar is in store.

Will the shadow of Lasciel return in some future book in some wierd way? I wonder.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-26-2008, 07:41 AM
Ah, no, no Small Favor, yet. Waiting for paperback.

Will the shadow of Lasciel return in some future book in some wierd way? I wonder.

That depends, can a wizard's brain heal even damage that extensive? In which case Lasciel's sacrifice wasn't really, was it, since she probably knew he'd regenerate.