PDA

View Full Version : Person uses beheading to scam money

Brita
08-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Un-frickin-believable! (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080819/national/bus_beheading_fake)

Cary Sedai
08-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Does this person get to keep the money?

Gilshalos Sedai
08-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Classy.

Sarevok
08-21-2008, 03:27 AM
Does this person get to keep the money?
It said in the article that the person was unidentified, so I guess she can keep it till she's identified, at least.

The Immortal One
08-22-2008, 03:11 AM
Schinners was so moved by the story, he turned control of his Facebook tribute page over to the person he believed was the victim's sister - despite never having met or talked to the person on the phone.

The person must have a silver tongue to have been so convincing!

Brita
08-22-2008, 02:11 PM
The person must have a silver tongue to have been so convincing!

Or silver fingers, since it sounds like it was all through facebook.

The Immortal One
08-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Indeed, but either way they must have been persuasive for that guy to turn over his webpage to them.

Sei'taer
08-22-2008, 05:30 PM
I read in the comments section that PETA was using this guys death in an ad campaign...anybody seen or heard it? Sick if they are...but then, it is PETA.

wow, how can ppls be so crue, first is the damn PETA used his dead for thier campain and now this person used him to collect money, i hope his family sue PETA and this person so they can be in jail with the killer then burn in hell together

Ozymandias
08-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Well, Mr Schinner's, the true criminal here is you. For being so goddamned criminally stupid.

Why isn't he getting the blame for this? Who the hell just turns over a charitable organization to a random person on the internet without doing any kind of background check or anything? As much as I deplore the conduct of our unidentified scam artist, I almost have trouble blaming him/her for this when there is such a glaring example of colossal idiocy staring us in the face.

A scam artist is only as successful as the person they're scamming is dumb. The person who gives in to the scam is the real perpetrator of the crime, since we wouldn't have scam artists if we didn't have people so dumb as to blindly go along with it.

Throw Schinner's in jail for a few weeks, please. Teach the damn fool a lesson!