PDA

View Full Version : The Inevitable WOT/Cosmere Crossover

Zombie Sammael
04-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Lupusdeusest and I were just discussing this on Facebook... some of the gems we came up with...

"Rand! The only way to seal the bore is with this!" "What is it?" "It's a kind of ter'angreal... called a shard of adonalsium!.

Lan with shardkit....

"Siuan! You and Moiraine may have had your abilities with the OP reduced, but did you know you can ingest and burn metals to similar effect?"

"Vin! Imagine you are a rose..." "What's a rose?"

NaeffOfDreams
04-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Demandred has been posing as Hoid the whole time. How did we miss that?

Cortar
05-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Oh man, imagine Channelling + Feruchemy or Bendalloy

Burn some Bendalloy
weave a bunch of nasty things
release the speed bubble
???
PROFIT

Or have some stored up mental speed to instantly win channellling fights?

Nicrosil stores "Investure" which is basically any of the systems of magic in the cosmere, so I assume you could "store" your allomancy, making you a weaker allomancer, then using it to become more powerful... Imagine doing this with channelling....
IMAGINE THIS WITH A GIANT SA"ANGREAL it would be like compounding... x1000.

Seeker
06-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Oh man, imagine Channelling + Feruchemy or Bendalloy

Burn some Bendalloy
weave a bunch of nasty things
release the speed bubble
???
PROFIT

Or have some stored up mental speed to instantly win channellling fights?

Nicrosil stores "Investure" which is basically any of the systems of magic in the cosmere, so I assume you could "store" your allomancy, making you a weaker allomancer, then using it to become more powerful... Imagine doing this with channelling....
IMAGINE THIS WITH A GIANT SA"ANGREAL it would be like compounding... x1000.

I like the thought of hemolurgic spikes made of surge-binding gems.

SauceyBlueConfetti
06-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Such nerds you are lololol. The fact I understand this and laughed labels me too though:p

Dragon Thief
06-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Such nerds you are lololol. The fact I understand this and laughed labels me too though:p

Takes one to know one!

Er, wait, you already said that.

Damn.

utinbaho
07-04-2012, 04:04 AM
Demandred has been posing as Hoid the whole time. How did we miss that?

its not demandred, its nakomi. shara is the terrisman homeland.

Ieyasu
07-05-2012, 08:56 PM
The Inevitable WOT/Cosmere Crossover

I am rather worried about this occurring. My hope is that BS will limit this to his own work, as I do not feel WOT is his work to add such to. I am sure he can work it in a way that won't really ruin anything in WOT, but I hope he doesn't make any attempt within Robert Jordan's story.

Terez
07-06-2012, 01:20 AM
He always says he's not going to when the subject comes up (e.g. when fans ask if Hoid will make an appearance).

Zombie Sammael
07-08-2012, 01:27 PM
I feel I should make it clear I used that particular wording because I thought it was common enough knowledge that Brandon had said it was far from inevitable. This was basically just Lupus and I having fun.