PDA

View Full Version : Beta Weekend Event: April 27-29

Sarevok
04-18-2012, 04:22 PM
From the Guild Wars 2 facebook page:
Good news!First Beta Weekend Event will be from April 27-29. We will let you know once the client is ready for download.

We'll have a blog post with details about what and when you can play later today or tomorrow

Sarevok
04-18-2012, 04:53 PM
I just realized: I have a game and a band show the 28th, and another show the 30th... in the morning, so I'll have to be at least semi-awake.
Which means I can't play till the middle of the night. :'(

czymann
04-18-2012, 06:45 PM
YAY!

WinespringBrother
04-18-2012, 06:46 PM
woot!!!

ShadowbaneX
04-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Awesome! Is it general access for everyone that preorders? If not how do we get in?

czymann
04-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Awesome! Is it general access for everyone that preorders? If not how do we get in?

Technically pre-orders are not the same as pre-purchase. And it is guaranteed general access for all who have pre-purchased. Also those people who signed up to get a chance in the beta from several weeks ago will have a chance to get in but that is no guarantee. And those are the only two ways to get access to the beta weekend events.

C S Queen
04-19-2012, 03:15 PM
too bad i have to work the 28th. But atleat I'll have 2ish days

ShadowbaneX
04-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Are you playing Stormy? I thought your computer wasn't quite up to spec. Did you get some upgrades?

Sarevok
04-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Here's the blog about it:
http://www.arena.net/blog/the-beta-weekend-event-is-coming
It's from friday the 27th noon PDT till sunday the 29th, midnight PDT.
a.k.a. 9pm the 27th till 9am the 30th for me.

I probably won't make it there right at 9pm because I have band practice, but that might be a good thing, because maybe the biggest masses moved on a little bit.
I suspect I'll be a bit bleary-eyed on Queen's Day... :o

ETA: looks like no Sylvari or Asura yet, so I guess I'll start with a Norn.

czymann
04-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Are you playing Stormy? I thought your computer wasn't quite up to spec. Did you get some upgrades?

Yea I got some upgrades. My buddy had a bad HD in his PC and left it sit around for a few months and decided he didn't want it anymore and went with a laptop. He gave me the parts and I combined them with my parts and now I have a PC that should run at least on medium to high settings.

3 GHZ core 2 duo 1333
4 gigs DDR2 800 ram
geforce 260 GTX 896mb

Should run ok I think. Also on much of that Saturday I will be at my sisters and my niece is extremely interested in playing. She is a MMORPG geek like myself. She has played WoW.

ShadowbaneX
04-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Yea I got some upgrades. My buddy had a bad HD in his PC and left it sit around for a few months and decided he didn't want it anymore and went with a laptop. He gave me the parts and I combined them with my parts and now I have a PC that should run at least on medium to high settings.

3 GHZ core 2 duo 1333
4 gigs DDR2 800 ram
geforce 260 GTX 896mb

Should run ok I think. Also on much of that Saturday I will be at my sisters and my niece is extremely interested in playing. She is a MMORPG geek like myself. She has played WoW.

Nice, sounds like a good rig for GW2!

Zaela Sedai
04-21-2012, 02:02 PM
We're Stealing XX back from WoW... He's prepurchased and ready to roll. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Sarevok
04-21-2012, 04:25 PM
We're Stealing XX back from WoW... He's prepurchased and ready to roll. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*does a happy dance*

Or, I would, if I weren't so tired. :(

Sarevok
04-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Has anyone found the link to download the client yet? They said they'd give the link plenty of time in advance, but I haven't seen it yet...

czymann
04-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Has anyone found the link to download the client yet? They said they'd give the link plenty of time in advance, but I haven't seen it yet...

Nope no client yet. They will send out an email when it is up. People expecting Wednesday.

ShadowbaneX
04-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Nope, I haven't found it. :(

Sarevok
04-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Someone on the GW2 Facebook page pointed to https://account.guildwars2.com.
I checked it earlier today, and it had the option "Download Clients", which indicated "Not Available".

However, right now the site seems to be down. My guess is that either they took it down, since maybe it wasn't supposed to be online in the first place, or they took it down because they're working on actually uploading the client. A third option is of course that it's overloaded because everyone and their mother is continuously refreshing it...

Edit: it's up again. Still no client, though. :(