PDA

View Full Version : Eredon Terrace

czymann
04-27-2012, 11:27 PM
Choosing Eredon Terrace as Home server.

From the official GW2 Forums

Free and Unrestricted World Transfers

In order to test transfers and world balance, from Friday, April 27 at 15:00 PDT to Saturday, April 28 at 18:00 PDT, players will have free and unrestricted World transfers.

czymann
04-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Having a problem switching servers. It is apparently some bug.

czymann
04-28-2012, 01:57 AM
This seems to clear things up...I hope.

This error is caused by trying to transfer worlds a second time.

Currently, since world transfers are free, we have a lot of people trying to hop at once. This has created a queue for players to get transferred over.

When you attempt to transfer worlds, the process will look like this:

# Select your world.
# Get disconnected with an error code.
# Log back in--at this point, you'll be in your original world, you will not have transferred yet.
# The transfer system works down through the queue to your turn.
# You get disconnected.
# Log back in--at this point, you'll be in the world you chose to transfer to.

If at any point you attempt to transfer again before step 4, you'll receive error code 1032:6:17:217:101. The solution is to please be patient, and wait for the queue to get to your transfer.

Hope this helps clear things up. Thanks for the question!

-Tim

The queue must be several hours to be transferred.

Sarevok
04-28-2012, 03:57 AM
I looked everywhere... but no option that says "change homeworld", or anything... Am I stupid, or did they hide it somewhere?? :(

Edit: nevermind. It was hidden in plain sight... on the character selection window. I was looking in the game proper...

czymann
04-28-2012, 08:21 AM
I can confirm that world server transfers do happen as a queuing system. You reselect the world that you want to transfer to and then it happens several hours later

Sarevok
04-28-2012, 11:56 AM
I can confirm that world server transfers do happen as a queuing system. You reselect the world that you want to transfer to and then it happens several hours later

Mine went instantly. Note that I changed it at about 11am CEDT, so 2am PDT. Guess it wasn't that busy at that time.