PDA

View Full Version : Ears

jana
05-04-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm sorry. Feel free to delete this. It just seems unnatural for there to be eyes without ears.

I'm suddenly hungry for an ear of corn.

SauceyBlueConfetti
05-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Totally cracked me up Jana. So I am gonna leave it rather than delete it. If another Mod does it, stick your tongue out at them.

WinespringBrother
05-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Should the Aiel oath be to shout in HearingDeafener's Ears, instead?
ETA: WOULD SERVE THE DARK ONE RIGHT!!!

DahLliA
05-04-2012, 03:22 PM
I'd make a thread called "Nose", but that would be taking it too far :D

Terez
05-04-2012, 03:31 PM
There's a strange saying among the servants in the Tarasin Palace: "More than my ears are worth."

SauceyBlueConfetti
05-04-2012, 03:37 PM
I am certain you had underlying, almost unconscious thoughts about the constant reference to Ears in WoT. For example:

Loial: Ears that poked up to tufted points through a shaggy, black mane

and

Olver: Ears that were too big for his head

Both can be ways to show that while considered ugly to most, each character LISTENS, ABSORBS. Wise. Wise characters. As are you Jana. Without even knowing it. :D

Terez
05-04-2012, 03:39 PM
You forgot "Your name sings in my ears, Rand al'Thor..."

Tomp
05-04-2012, 03:43 PM
And the Tinkers are looking for a song.

They can't look for a song, they must listen for it.

Bryan Blaire
05-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Maybe they need to see the sheet music first, so that they don't accidentally rickroll the world and cause Rand to not seal the Bore properly because of the distraction...

GonzoTheGreat
05-04-2012, 04:05 PM
LAFO*:
And his paths shall be many, and who shall know his name, for he shall be born among us many times, in many guises, as he has been and ever will be, time without end. His coming shall be like the sharp edge of the plow, turning our lives in furrows from out of the places where we live in silence. The breaker of bonds; the forger of chains. The maker of futures; the unshaper of destiny.

from Commentaries on the Prophecies of the Dragon, by Jurith Dorine, Right Hand to the Queen of Almoren, 742 AB, the Third Age

* Listen And Find Out.

Heinz
05-04-2012, 04:08 PM
LAFO*:

* Listen And Find Out.

I kept waiting for a rickroll inserted into this quote, and it just never came. Not sure if that makes me happy or disappointed...

...and a little disturbed at my uncertainty.

Zombie Sammael
05-04-2012, 05:02 PM
My first reaction to this thread was slight annoyance, I have to admit. However, my second reaction was a big LOL. Which, to be honest, you really have to hear to appreciate...

Edynol
05-04-2012, 10:45 PM
*Puts this thread in a box*

...What did I just do?