PDA

View Full Version : Becoming disappointed with GW2

czymann
05-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Welp I am becoming disappointed with GW2. Players from the last BWE have stated that dyes are not account based and that Transmutation Stones were not available from Karma Vendors.
Anet has previously stated that dyes found would be unlocked for your entire account and not just per character. And that Transmutation Stones would be available with other means other than the cash shop.
It appears that Anet did a complete 180 on these. It is not the first time they have done a complete 180 either.

I am all for change but not when that change is is a complete change in direction from what they have stated previously.
When we heard that the dye system was account bound and not per character, I was super excited. And when I saw from previous betas that Transmutation Stones were available at Karma Vendors I was content.

Right now with how I am feeling I wished I had not prepurchased the game. It looks to me that NcSoft is taking over the cash shop and is telling Anet what they want in the shop and what they want in the game.
If this turns out to be in true upon release then I will not spend any additional money for their cash shop and right now I am on the fence whether or not to buy anything at all from them.

ShadowbaneX
05-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Yeah, those are two of the biggest things that are bothering me about the Beta. It's still in development though and they will hopefully be able to still get them in the game. I think what's important now if for people to tell A.Net about it. If enough people start saying that they don't like the change, they'll put them back in.

czymann
05-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Yeah, those are two of the biggest things that are bothering me about the Beta. It's still in development though and they will hopefully be able to still get them in the game. I think what's important now if for people to tell A.Net about it. If enough people start saying that they don't like the change, they'll put them back in.

Unfortunately Anet may not have much say in the matter. NcSoft does hold the reins. I do hope for the best but I am expecting the worse. :(

Sarevok
05-06-2012, 05:02 AM
Can't say I really care about either the dye or the transmutation stones, since I play for the fun gameplay anyway, and apperance tends to be completely lost in the fray anyway.
It would suck for those of you that do care, though...

ShadowbaneX
05-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Bioware had to listen to EA.

Granted, Transmutation Stones aren't nearly the same as ME3s ending, but the fans can get even the companies with the worst reputation to listen.

czymann
05-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Here is what started me on my umm fit.

Dyes not account wide - A Broken Promise?: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/34390-dyes-not-account-wide-a-broken-promise/

I have posted a few times in that thread and others have as well. Hopefully whichever company is in charge will decide to listen and make things right.

czymann
05-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Here is a thread more about the cash shop. Account dye unlocks and T-Stones are mentioned as well as a bunch of other stuff that people are for and against.

Cash Shop Effecting Good Game Design : http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/36057-cash-shop-effecting-good-game-design/

ShadowbaneX
05-09-2012, 10:38 AM
The amount of bickering in the thread pretty much sums things up. I'll admit I don't like the dye situation & the lack of the transmutation stones, but on the whole, it just seems like misdirected nerd rage.

I'm sure things will get sorted out, and the product out-weights the frustration about t-stones by a longshot...and that was the first couple of starting zones! Image what the rest of the game must be like!