PDA

View Full Version : Obama-Biden 08

Sodas
08-23-2008, 04:40 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/kos102/2008/Obama/Biden/joebidenobama7.jpg

I'm very happy with this pick.

(Although, I also liked Bill Richardson of New Mexico)

P.S. Obama sent out the txt message at 3 AM. That is just brilliant for those who followed the primaries.

irerancincpkc
08-23-2008, 07:33 AM
The 3 AM thing was amazingly awesome; they had said they had thought it would be ten in the morning when they went out, so I had turned my brother's cell phone off (I don't have one) and then I wake up this morning and BAM! :D

It's a great pick. He's funny, great on foreign policy, and he's a capable attack dog who knows how many houses he has. :D

GonzoTheGreat
08-23-2008, 07:38 AM
McCain will probably pick a running mate who doesn't know how many houses she has. I'm not sure Paris Hilton will agree, though.

Bryan Blaire
08-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Actually, the best one I've heard so far was McCain-Clinton, but he'd probably be lynched by people.

Biden is a good choice for Obama. We'll see how it all goes.

Sei'taer
08-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Actually, the best one I've heard so far was McCain-Clinton, but he'd probably be lynched by people.

Biden is a good choice for Obama. We'll see how it all goes.

Yup, I'm glad he picked Biden. The only better pick would have been Wesley Clark.

Hey Ire...get ready for the floor vote!

Davian93
08-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Sweet now he'll be able to take Delaware and its 3 electoral votes in the fall!!!

Sei'taer
08-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Sweet now he'll be able to take Delaware and its 3 electoral votes in the fall!!!

:D :D

tanaww
08-23-2008, 12:02 PM
http://brianseitel.com/tan-hop.jpg

I guess this complicates things unless you're already voting for me... I don't know about Joe Biden. I guess I'd hoped for someone a little less mainstream.

Davian93
08-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Biden's that boring guy that always runs for President and never gets any votes in the primaries...that's all I really know about him. He's highly anti-war as well IIRC.

Sei'taer
08-23-2008, 12:05 PM
http://brianseitel.com/tan-hop.jpg

I guess this complicates things unless you're already voting for me... I don't know about Joe Biden. I guess I'd hoped for someone a little less mainstream.

Well, the Obama-Bye ticket would have been great to see on bumper stickers. And that guy in Texas...uh, Chet Edwards I think was his name. I know it was Edwards...that would have been a funny sign too. I think this guy was a little to consrvative for him though.

I knew there was no way in hell he was picking Hillary. Now if Hillary and Bill and Chelsea can just swing the floor vote with their respective speeches...

Davian93
08-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Serioulsy though...why does the DNC seem like a showcase for the Clintons? They lost IIRC yet they're basically getting all the spotlight. Obama's really bending over for them to get votes that would vote for him anyway. Showing great strength of character on his part.

irerancincpkc
08-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Davian, Biden ran for President once in 88 and once in 08. That's twice...

And not only does he help out in Delaware, he provides a saftey net in PA, where he was born.

And I don't think the Clintons are getting all the spotlight. Obama's got the big stadium night... :D

tanaww
08-23-2008, 12:40 PM
I have an idea!

Obama / Colbert!

Davian93
08-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Davian, Biden ran for President once in 88 and once in 08. That's twice...

And not only does he help out in Delaware, he provides a saftey net in PA, where he was born.

And I don't think the Clintons are getting all the spotlight. Obama's got the big stadium night... :D

Being a native Pennsylvanian...I don't give a crap about Joe Biden. He's a Delawarian senator. I don't see him as a safety net for PA at all. I think the most dangerous thing would be if McCain picks Tom Ridge (whose popularity in PA is highly overrated). Most Pennsylvanians I know despise Ridge and were ecstatic he left to take over DHS in 01.

On the DNC...of course Obama's got the big night...he is the nominee afterall. It just seems like he's going way out of his way to cater to the Clinton wing of the party as if they're really gonna vote for anyone else.

irerancincpkc
08-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Also being from PA, I think Biden will help. Hillary was from Scranton, same as Biden, and everyone seemed to agree that gave her a boost.

I didn't like Ridge as well, though I wasn't old enough to really remember him. :D

And Clinton got 18 million votes in the primaries; I'd be nice to her too. :D

Davian93
08-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Ridge bent PA over as governor...he used to import toxic waste from other states for money and he gutted their environmental laws. He was horrible.

The thing is Spammer that those 18 million voters are gonna vote for Obama no matter what they say. He shouldn't be bending over the table for the Clintons..

I'm stunned he picked a Senate insider as his running mate...so much for his "outsider" status. Biden is like Mr. Senate so I'll assume he'll be LBJ to JFK.

Sodas
08-23-2008, 05:41 PM
If you watched the speach today it was interesting to note Biden's speach was mostly domestic policy. This is in contrast to what most pundits are saying is the reason he was picked.

I think the most interesting point he made was on McCain's support of Bush's privitazation of social socurity. Bush flopped so hard on that, it's amazing that McCain would continue to push it. I see Biden's mention of it as a signal that Biden can be used to woo the older generation because of this very issue.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x280/icebergslim1047/Week%20of%20August%2010%202008/August%2017%202008/springfieldthefamilies2.jpg

Sarevok
08-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Who?

I never heard of this guy before :)

JSUCamel
08-23-2008, 06:25 PM
if I recall correctly, traditionally the VP focuses primarily on domestic things while the President oversees everything, but focuses a lot on the big picture, especially with respect to international relations. This time, I think Obama should focus on the domestic things while Biden focuses on international relations -- this country needs to spend the next four years selfishly, worrying about ourselves before we worry about other countries. Once we've gotten ourselves under a little control, then we'll be better able to work internationally. Right now, we're internationally crippled (see: Russia, Georgia, Tatooine).