PDA

View Full Version : Monday Funnies...

Gilshalos Sedai
08-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Because Mondays always suck, here's a little amusement to get us through...

Subject: NBC & Summer Olympics

Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators so far during the Summer Olympics that they would like to take back:

1. Weight-lifting commentator: 'This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria . I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.'

2. Dressage commentator: 'This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.'

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: 'I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.'

4. Boxing Analyst: 'Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious.'

5. Softball announcer: 'If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.'

6. Basketball analyst: 'He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.'

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: 'Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew.'

8. Soccer commentator: 'Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field.'

9. Tennis commentator: 'One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?'

Hopper
08-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Very funny Gil. None of it was ever actually said, but still, very funny.

Cary Sedai
08-25-2008, 12:37 PM
hehehehe my boss and co-worker laughed, too :D

Gilshalos Sedai
08-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Oh, C'mon, burst my bubble! At least lie and tell me that last one was said!

Sarevok
08-25-2008, 12:55 PM
ROFLMAO :D

Weird Harold
08-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Oh, C'mon, burst my bubble! At least lie and tell me that last one was said!
It was, but not by a sports announcer -- it's a paraphrase of a Johnny Carson Tonight Show "blooper" about Arnold Palmer's wife kissing his balls before each round. (Johny's comment, "I'll bet that makes his putter stand up," was the really funny part of the blooper.)

The only change over the last couple of decades is the attribution of the parents comment to Paul Hamm -- in the past it's been blamed on Mary Lou Retton, Terrel Owens, Mark Spitz, Paris Hilton, and a whole host of others.

Sarevok
08-25-2008, 01:27 PM
This actually happened:
At the goodbye party for PSV-goal keeper Ronald Waterreus:
Statium speaker: 'and here he is: Ronald... Koeman'

(In case you didn't know: Ronald Koeman is also a very famous soccer player)